Cornwall Football Forum

St Day Points Deduction?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just too squash the rumours, ive just spoke to matt harris, st day have made a massive mistake as a club. They didnt understand the new rule that had been put in place, which states you can have no more than 3 players from a higher league, named in your squad in one game.

The rule used to be, every 8 days you could play another higher leagued player.

But the rule has changed. At one time we had 8 players of a higher league playing for us.

We are going to be kicked out the cup and receiving a massive point deduction in the league.

Matt harris has had to let go,

FRAZER CADMAN

DANNY FORD

JASON ROBERTSON

JORDAN ADLARD

MIKEY DAVIES

So just to put to bed all the rumours matt let the players go as they were ineligible to be picked.

Matt is very upset by this, and feels the club has let him down!

But he will complete the season then hand the club back to the people of St Day.

Welcome back to the cup Steve and the boys from St Just then. Love to see St just win something this season. Great bunch of lads and loved my time down with Steve. Already having a great season and maybe a cup to top it off. Who knows.........best of luck to Rosie and the Town lads on sunday against Kev and Mullion. Be a top game i reckon. Good luck to all for the rest of the season. Who will make the headlines for the right reasons.............

Just too squash the rumours, ive just spoke to matt harris, st day have made a massive mistake as a club. They didnt understand the new rule that had been put in place, which states you can have no more than 3 players from a higher league, named in your squad in one game.

The rule used to be, every 8 days you could play another higher leagued player.

But the rule has changed. At one time we had 8 players of a higher league playing for us.

We are going to be kicked out the cup and receiving a massive point deduction in the league.

Matt harris has had to let go,

FRAZER CADMAN

DANNY FORD

JASON ROBERTSON

JORDAN ADLARD

MIKEY DAVIES

So just to put to bed all the rumours matt let the players go as they were ineligible to be picked.

Matt is very upset by this, and feels the club has let him down!

But he will complete the season then hand the club back to the people of St Day.

Why let them go? Could use rotation idea surely?

In fairness early on in the season when i was managing Town our secretary Wayne Pascoe made the rule very clear. Rules i guess are rules. Follow them or pay the price. I suppose the only thing you cant put a price on is a good secretary. Credit to Wayne Pascoe at Town for not letting them fall into the same trap!!!

As far as im aware dave thats how it went. Rotating players and keeping them on the books isnt a problem so not sure why the need to bin them. But in a way im sure some may look at this and say "money doesnt buy you happiness". Look at Wendron. Paul's done a great job out there with no money and they will be there in the mix. Its going to be a great end to the season. From personal experience St Just have always been a cup side. I wouldnt go against them taking this 2nd chance and doing a job!!!

This is all to be confirmed on Wednesday u.think they will over look it because the rule wasn't stated to st day.... Also it's not Matt Harrises fault it's the clubs and it's a disgrace and so is the ccfa for not making the rule clear to every club... We will be back one day....

This is all to be confirmed on Wednesday u.think they will over look it because the rule wasn't stated to st day.... Also it's not Matt Harrises fault it's the clubs and it's a disgrace and so is the ccfa for not making the rule clear to every club... We will be back one day....

Surely not the CCFA fault - it's a rule in the JCCL

Haven't posted for a while. A lot of time spent in the garden.

What has happened to my club?

We were once a proud village side everyone united! The club is now totally divided!

The excitement of winning the Junior Cup gone. Bob Roberts getting the Junior side promoted to the combo. Proud Days. Lads who played their hearts out for the club!

I go and watch the Reserves and Youth Sides now days. At least I know they are playing for the badge. Does that mean anything these days?

We have now attracted mercenaries to the club no thanks to our part time president.

We have a chairman who is a yes man.

We have a manger who consistently lets the club down due to ill discipline. Players who only turn up because they have accepted large payments to play for the season.

I feel sorry for all those who have left the club. True clubmen.

Mr Ford, I only posted after seeing your post above, come on here now and say you have never accepted payment for playing for the club!

Sad days.

All the best.

St Vogue

Also why do the peninsula prem etc have physical team sheets, yet not in the combo? Teams get phoned in, so a manager could pretty much make whatever team up he wanted so long as players were signed on, there's no physical evidence of players actually playing or not...?!

I've said for ages that there is a ton of rules that need looking at by the dated JCCL committee... The result of the points deduction for st day, of this happens, could or should have a knock on effect on other teams points, as in for every game they get points deducted the opposition should be awarded these x3 points, but this does not happen in this league, the 'cheating' team just loses the points gained and the poor team that's just been done over gets the goal difference taken off of their GD, what kind of justice is that!!!!??

I do feel for Matt Harris, and St day, people forget that these clubs are run by volunteers, not professionals, mistakes get made, and also how do you think any club is going to get anywhere without paying money nowadays, ridiculous, it's a part of life and I'm surprised so many of you are so blinkered that you can't see this for yourself, a bit of ambition never hurt anyone!!!

I'd like to see Mr Harris and his players stick at it, after all, they may be in a relegation battle come this time next week !!!

If the Combination League brought themselves up to date with the very well run Trelawny League who require where teamsheets to be posted online for all to see,this issue may have been nipped in the bud......,

My point ish...but, how does the trelawny league know the team sheet posted online is a accurate reflection of the actual team played on that day???

When you fill in a Trelawney league team sheet there are two carbon copies below. One you send to the league secretary, one stays in the book for your own records. And the other is given to the away team manager so if he feels anything is a bit dodgy he can check the names. With the playing of higher league players only the club and their manager can keep a eye on who's played where.

When you fill in a Trelawney league team sheet there are two carbon copies below. One you send to the league secretary, one stays in the book for your own records. And the other is given to the away team manager so if he feels anything is a bit dodgy he can check the names. With the playing of higher league players only the club and their manager can keep a eye on who's played where.

The majority of clubs don't use these anymore they simply put it onto the computer...

The majority of clubs don't use these anymore they simply put it onto the computer...

The option is there for the opposition to have a copy though, they can then if they like check it against the players that appear on the trelawney league website. I believe this is done by Steve Carpenter, and Gerald Sobey, who do a cracking job keeping it up to date.

Clubs don't need to send a copy to Steve now Phil,it's the individual club's responsibility to fill it in correctly online although you are right in that one stays in the book for club records and another copy is given to the opposing team.

The Combination League have not got to the 21st century yet.

Some very good and long standing football people at St.Day and they will still be there when this has moved on.

I think that calls for the cup to be restarted are misguided, we have a big enough backlog of fixtures already, due to the weather. Maybe the teams, I believe it is two, that st day have previously knocked out, should play each other, maybe in midweek, neutral venue, for the right, to play in the semi final! That's on the proviso that in both of these previous games St. Day had played too many Ineligable players.

Haven't posted for a while. A lot of time spent in the garden.

What has happened to my club?

We were once a proud village side everyone united! The club is now totally divided!

The excitement of winning the Junior Cup gone. Bob Roberts getting the Junior side promoted to the combo. Proud Days. Lads who played their hearts out for the club!

I go and watch the Reserves and Youth Sides now days. At least I know they are playing for the badge. Does that mean anything these days?

We have now attracted mercenaries to the club no thanks to our part time president.

We have a chairman who is a yes man to a small time butcher.

We have a manger who consistently lets the club down due to ill discipline. Players who only turn up because they have accepted large payments to play for the season.

I feel sorry for all those who have left the club. True clubmen.

Mr Ford, I only posted after seeing your post above, come on here now and say you have never accepted payment for playing for the club!

Sad days.

All the best.

St Vogue

I may of played for the odd couple of.beers saint vogue and the odd 20 quid for a hattrick but not directly received money week in week out.... I was there because enjoyed playing there I was up for staying but the majority of the lads had left so I have Gone to truro for the remaining games.of the season... All the best to st day and.I'm sure I'll play again one day for.them

Clubs don't need to send a copy to Steve now Phil,it's the individual club's responsibility to fill it in correctly online although you are right in that one stays in the book for club records and another copy is given to the opposing team.

Some very good and long standing football people at St.Day and they will still be there when this has moved on.

Thanks for the info Nigel, as you know i've not been involved for a while now.

Looking at the posts on here, it looks as though the Combo committee are also a bit at fault here. Rules are rules and these would have been agreed to at the AGM. But surely if St Day have been playing to many higher league players in a games for a while it should have been brought to St Days attention within a week or so of their 1st team sheet being put in. If they did then St Day would of been deducted 3 points and the manager could of put out a different side the next game. If nothing had been recieved why would the manager change his side? but at the end of the day it seems like rules have been broken and they'll have to take it on the chin and get on with it.

A couple of relevant facts about Combination League Rules:

1. They are in line with the FA Standard Code of Rules which all Leagues have to adopt.

2. Where optional/alternative wordings are available within these Rules, the adopted version has always been voted on by the Clubs at an AGM.

3. Clubs have to submit completed Team Sheets for all matches within 3 days of the match being played - by post or Fax/Email.

There is no real way for the League to check which players have played at a higher level during the current season; it's up to the Clubs to be aware of the Rules and follow them. However, if a potential breech of Rules is brought to the attention of the League, it has a duty to investigate the matter.

Whether any individual or club agrees or disagrees with any changes,,, rules are rules,,, and every club would have been made aware of any changes before a ball was kicked . Maybe any committee in any league feel that improvements need to be made to any rules, is down to them,, but its not for them to take any blame for any club who infringes any rules . No doubt the majority of clubs would have understood any changes, unfortunately , there would have been a few, who have had to take it on the chinn and get on with it.

Always the same problem in the Combo while you have a Fixture and Registration Secretary whose communication style is archaic, who favours some clubs over others and, on occasion, directly refuses to clarify what his league's own rules are in the direct hope that club secretaries will make mistakes that will either enable him to fine or deduct points from that club.

Having said that, the job of Club Secretary is increasingly arduous because of the plethora of different rules from different places, to the point at which it is hard to get suitably qualified volunteers at all. Sadly there is one man at the Combo who is a walking disincentive to take on the post.

From past experience, the last club he would ever have wanted to benefit from the present debacle is St Just. Will he have communicated effectively with St Day that he was receiving teamsheet after teamsheet through the season which would later prove illegal ? No, of course not. Characteristically, he will have waited for them to dig as deep and expensive a hole for themselves as possible.

This not the spirit in which a football league should be run. It has been time for the club reps to get rid of him for years. This season he has destroyed the Sup Cup and reduced the main cup to a farce.

For goodness sake, Combo club committees, mandate your meeting reps to get rid of him at June's AGM..

Saint vogue im sure you were quite happy with players and the manager when we finished 2nd last yr and won the league and evely cups. Was you there today to watch a bare 11 st.day team play today? Were you there to watch injured 'mercenaries' go 90 minutes toe to toe with anyone they faced? Did you watch a bare 11 st.day throw everything they had until the end for the badge?? Thanks for your support towards your club and your kind comments

I spent some time watching the game and speaking to committee members at the club today, so easy to point fingers regarding this subject. Like most clubs they have many hard working people behind the scenes, these individuals spend their time and efforts in making their club a success. So before replying think of these people who spend endless of hours in making a club, in this case St Day successful. It was quite apparent by these members that a huge mistake has been made and this will be dealt with by the JCCL and CCFA. Rules are rules and of course have to be abide. I came away with a good impression with the none related football matters from St Day this afternoon, keep up the good work.

Congratulations to Steve and the St Just lads in winning the game.

How about, you sign for one club and can only play for that club whilst registered. Actually feel for St Day. Theoretically, players could be signed on for 3 clubs at once. Any wonder why so much confusion occurs?

Agree, sign for 1 club, play for what ever team within that club and that's it

Looking at the posts on here, it looks as though the Combo committee are also a bit at fault here. Rules are rules and these would have been agreed to at the AGM. But surely if St Day have been playing to many higher league players in a games for a while it should have been brought to St Days attention within a week or so of their 1st team sheet being put in. If they did then St Day would of been deducted 3 points and the manager could of put out a different side the next game. If nothing had been recieved why would the manager change his side? but at the end of the day it seems like rules have been broken and they'll have to take it on the chin and get on with it.

I may be wrong here phil but I don't think they check each player on each team sheet for there eligibility each week so it's only when a club questions a team sheet that they will investigate, so in this case I assume no one has questioned this until now and as they will go back through all the team sheets to check, it's meant for how ever many weeks it's happened they will get punished.

You have to ask why all this is not electronic now days with clubs posting all their teams and squads on line it would make picking these issues up so much easier and quicker for everyone involved.

So what's everyone think the decision will be? I think we can gather that st day will be removed from the cup but surely it's not as simple as replacing them with st just as previous teams knocked out by st day also have the exact same right to be re instated into the cup As well. I no previously in a cup competition when this happened at a later stage a bye was given as it was the only way that no one team benefited over the other. Will be interesting to see what the powers to be decide as the best route forward

I may be wrong here phil but I don't think they check each player on each team sheet for there eligibility each week so it's only when a club questions a team sheet that they will investigate, so in this case I assume no one has questioned this until now and as they will go back through all the team sheets to check, it's meant for how ever many weeks it's happened they will get punished.

You have to ask why all this is not electronic now days with clubs posting all their teams and squads on line it would make picking these issues up so much easier and quicker for everyone involved.

On the fulltime site, you can only select players who are signed for you. I input my team every week and it takes less than 5 minutes. What it does not allow for is finding out eligibility, largely because Combo don't have an a fulltime site, and the other issue is that there is no guarantee that they players named are the players who played. It has seemed to me that the clubs who are "caught out" and accused of cheating are the ones who have made a genuine error (if you were going to cheat you would hardly use the name of someone who was ineligible).

Peggy the combo does have an fafulltime site however it isn't used to its full capacity like the trelawny one in naming squads available and the players that played once the team sheets are submitted.

I think this highlights a few issues that should be addressed

1. Their is no procedure in place to check the eligibility of players who are playing in higher leagues until a complaint is made by another team

2. Once again if players were only allowed to sign for 1 club these sort of mistakes would be virtually eradicated as the number of players who had played higher league football for the same club would be well known to the club secretary/manager

3. The combination league committee need to start embracing the available technology and liaise a little more closer with the swpl over which of their players are registered at combo clubs

4. Why would it appear St Day may recieve a massive fine and points loss for a number of matches when they should have been informed of any inadvertent rule discrepancy soon after it first happened allowing them to make right any rule changes they may have been unaware of

5. Yet again the combination league is going to recieve a large amount of money in fines which they get every two months when they hold their meetings.....when is the league going to maybe use that large pot of cash in small grants to help clubs improve their facilities?