Millbrook East Cornwall Premier

Newtown Devon & Exeter Lge

St Martins Devon & Exeter Lge

Torrington North Devon League

The SWPL 1 has East/West divisions of 16 clubs each

This can increase to 18 clubs per division

So therefore 4 new clubs could become members of the Peninsula League

Only one club can join from any feeder league

so (Illogan or Ludgvan)-(Newtown or St.Martins)-Brixham-Torrington-Millbrook are in contention but must finish in the top 3 of their respective leagues

Seems like plenty of promotion and relegation which is healthy. Liskeard might find the going a bit easier next season against the likes of Dobwalls, Foxhole and Illogan.

The SWP is easily the best run league in these parts, which encourages so many clubs to apply. Refreshing to see some clubs from North Devon applying for the first time too.

Guest johnperryman777

Exmouth nice to see a club with ambition. Bodmin have won the league on many occasions and have lacked that ambition to go up so good luck to exmouth

Guest johnperryman777

Leedsunited i think you have got a bit confused about this thread no one has mentioned money i just added a fact that bodmin have no ambition in moving up the leaguesi do appreciate its difficult for cornish clubs to progrees

Leedsunited you must be an accountant or a bank manager as very post you make involves money and how much you speculate other clubs than your own, spend. Very boring. Find another motive to post about can you.

Very ironic that you use the name 'Leedsunited' who themselves have a lasting reputation themselves of spending massive amounts of money that won very little and served to put the club in dire straights! Perhaps you are positioned to talk money....then perhaps not! Stick to carrying the water bottles for Bodmin.

Exmouth were a Western League club prior to their financial problems a few years ago so it's logical for them to be looking to go back there.

Travel-wise they're better placed than say Bodmin. Exmouth to Falmouth is 109 miles, Exmouth to Bristol is 84 miles.

If Exmouth finish in the top (2 or is it 3) and promotion to Western League (Prem)I would assume only one club to be relegated from the SW Peninsula Premier Division.

The only Devon club in Western League Division 1 -Barnstaple Town are too far up the league to be relegated and seeing last season they chose Western League rather than Peninsula I can not see a sideways move.

So all I can say is come on Exmouth from a Falmouth point of view

It may be that ilfracombe will finish in a relegation position, having played there last week and realising just how far it is from the majority of our other opponents in the western league it may make sense to drop to the SWPL.

Having said that, they will probably want to get the derby with Barnstaple tone back which would mean going to western league div 1.

I'm led to believe from our club sec that it's the bottom 2 that will go down as there is likely to be a promotion at the other end to step 4 so there is still a chance ilfracombe will survive.

Be interesting to see how many home Saturday games Truro City call off having applied for promotion enabling them to field players from there first team during mid week games (and Saturdays after April 12th there last 1st team Saturday game)...... Began with Callington Town Saturday, one of the only games off in Devon and Cornwall I believe. Or maybe its just me being pessimistic ....

I agree crusty, they are hardly setting the world a light this season in their league and given that the 2nd team are way off the pace in their league too, i can't see a benefit of calling games off to allow for the first team to play as i can't really see them breaking top 4 or 5 let alone top 2!!

Western league 1 is the same step as the Swpleague, so even if Barnstable finished bottom of western league 1 they would not be relegated to the Swpleague. It makes more sense exmouth moving on to western league geographically.

OOOPS! Yes of course WL Div1 and our SWPL Prem are the same step6 (Thanks for the correction-Crusty)

Barnstaple had the chance to join the SWPL Prem.last season but decided on the WL Div 1 to climb back.

Its looks an easier route where the Bristol orientated (WL1)is in my opinion not as strong as the SWPL Prem.and it would be difficult to be ahead of the top half dozen SWPL clubs who in general have no intention of promotion.

Also the link road to the Motorway makes the trip to Bristol so much convenient.

So keeping an eye on Ilfracombe in the WL Premier I think they would follow the Barnstaple trail IF they get relegated.

I would agree regarding WL1 being slightly easier than SWPL....

Having played in both and WLP aswell as step 5 and 6 in the midlands and Oxfordshire areas I would suggest that the SWPL step 6 division straddles the usual 5/6

The top half of the SWPL prem would be at home on WLP and the bottom half more suited to WL1, in effect the whole Cornish pyramid is half a step lower than it should be.

It does seem odd that from the same league Foxhole, Penryn, Penzance all had 2 home games in a week that were both on as did a host of Prem clubs notably Parkway who played Tuesday and Then Friday and then again this Tuesday. Nevertheless im sure the club would have done everything in its powers to get the game on to prevent an even further backlog of fixtures.......

Perhaps I should know this already but ......

What are the leagues from Devon that are at equivalent senior level to the ECFL and the Combination ?

The only Devon teams I ever see are those in SWPL or ECFL; so teams from which leagues can apply for SWPL ?

Predicted changes for next season

Premier (20)

In - Helston

In - Stoke Gabriel

Out - Exmouth (promoted to WL)

Out - Liskeard (relegated)

West (17)

In - Liskeard

In - Illogan (promoted)

Out - Helston

Millbrook likely to finish just outside top 5 needed to qualify

East (18)