Cornwall Football Forum

Bad day for Arsenal.....

Unless my memory is failing me, I think you might find they can afford to concede one if they manage to bag three themselves. A 3-1 win would take Arsenal through on the away goals rule.

The same thing applies to us in Barcelona, of course. Not that I can actually see it happening, unfortunately, but it is at least possible in theory!

:wacko:

Good point,well made! You are absolutely correct,tall order to knock in 3 away from home even in the prem league!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The way the gunners are struggling for goals at present it is a very if impossible order and bayerns record have only lost 2 games in the last 50 says a lot for their quality and levondski coming in next season they are building a formidable team for next season before this one has even finished ,the epl may be exciting but the budeslegia certainly gives value for money

Opps ,, bad day today from the reports I have had not good enough , we needed 3points but got none ,still a few games to go but us gooners are realistic and did not think we could win the league this season , still short of about three top end players , but getting closer lying second at present but city have two games in hand and one of the best forward lines in Europe , so 3rd and 4th place scrap on for us , city and chelski have the stronger squads and the pool has sas who can score against anyone , glad you are pleased SSS, at least you can have a good weekend at our expense , I think you maybe a closet gooner as you show so much interest in the club

Opps ,, bad day today from the reports I have had not good enough , we needed 3points but got none ,still a few games to go but us gooners are realistic and did not think we could win the league this season , still short of about three top end players , but getting closer lying second at present but city have two games in hand and one of the best forward lines in Europe , so 3rd and 4th place scrap on for us , city and chelski have the stronger squads and the pool has sas who can score against anyone , glad you are pleased SSS, at least you can have a good weekend at our expense , I think you maybe a closet gooner as you show so much interest in the club

Keep looking over your shoulder.

Liverpool have just gone 2nd.

If we can scrape 3pts tomorrow,we are only 6 pts behind.

Ouch. That is a bad day. Wenger keeps going on about mental strength. I believe him, but you also require results. I think Arsenal will still be ok for a top 4 finish, and the season, so far, is panning out as most predicted, although I'm glad we haven't got to play Liverpool anymore this season!!

Anyway chaps, bad day all around really. Got stuffed 4 nil by Camborne Town. They are unbeaten in the league all season. But still. Then get in the changing room to hear Arsenal just gone 1 nil down. Still, got home to a £25 M&S voucher for buying some home insurance months ago. So that was nice. May have to go and buy myself a nice shirt or something to cheer me up.

Liverpool overtake the Arsenal, now 2nd in the league,,, are u watching Chelsea ??

Yes. We are still looking down on you and the rest. Unbeaten in 13 PL games.

Spurs and Arsenal at home, Liv away. All other PL games against teams in bottom 9.

But there is always the distraction of the CL. Could be the best finish for many years with more than 2 teams involved although I see Arsenal are 20/1!

Keep looking over your shoulder.

Liverpool have just gone 2nd.

If we can scrape 3pts tomorrow,we are only 6 pts behind.

My prediction was spot on.Spurs scraped a victory against Cardiff.

Now IF we can sneak a flukey win at Chelsea next week.

We would go into the North London derby,only 3pts behind the scum.

Look out,the roof will come off at the Lane.

Graham Poll writing fir the Daily Mail Sport: "When I was refereeing I was told to consider how a player would have reacted if it was a team-mate laying on the ground rather than an opponent. If I look at replays of the Adam incident from Saturdays game, I believe that had it been a Stoke player on the floor he would have managed to avoid contact easily". An interesting way to look at situations. I see that Adam has now been retrospectively charged. Good job, I agree that his contact with Giroud was deliberate. And before anyone asks, Stoke deserved to beat Arsenal.

First of all, well done to Wigan. They did their homework very thoroughly and arrived with a sound plan, just as they did last May in the final, and they deserved their victory once more. I'm tempted to say that it would be lovely to see them lift the trophy again, but I don't suppose all the Arsenal fans on here would agree with me.

As for us, the old cliché about being 'free to concentrate on the league' seems to apply, or at least it will do after our removal from the Champions League this coming Wednesday. I just hope that today's result is not a sign that we're about to crack under the pressure of the run-in to the end of the season. Perhaps it was just a reaction to last week's Wembley triumph.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed, anyway.

:wacko:

Can't explain the Man City v Wigan result. Did not see it, but thought that was a nailed on home win. Great result for Arsenal, although they have won nothing yet. Obviously makes Arsenal favourites here on in, but still going to be tough. They will need to perform at their best, and be clinical in front of goal. Fingers crossed. How City react will be interesting. After that, they travel to Barcelona, hardly going to get some confidence back (one assumes). Interesting season, and still something in it for Arsenal to play for.

It's a shame that Arsenal can't figure out how to get a result at home against Bayern as the Germans can't beat them on their pitch. Fair result, damage done at the Emirates. Bayern always in control, and looked the team more likely to score. Onwards and upwards. Let's see if we can win the FA Cup, finish in the top four and give Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool a run for their money!

fair play over two legs bayern the better side deserved to go through , robben diver yet again , fabianski great save ox arsenal mom , squads as sss says thiers was bigger than ours and more quality on the bench , bayern potential winners again , spurs up weekend , hope we have some good injury news , plenty of players out tonight and over the last few weeks , but that also shows in the back up squad not as much quality as the top sides of europe , they made a good fist of it tonight but not good enough , still far away from ever winning champs league

it gets no better perhaps as usual we fall at the last hurdle letting in six today five agaist pool 6 against city not good enough the top sides dont capitulate like that , dont think arsene will sign new contract i think he will be off after the end of season , we cant shut up shop we go a couple down and then the floodgates open , even the ref today had a shocker sending off the wrong man make no mistake chelsea pulled us apart today the worse i have seen us play for years , the club has lost a winning mentality from top to bottom, changes needed be it players or coaching staff some hard choices need to be made this summer

Surely it's time for Arsenal and Wenger to call it a day. That performance yesterday was an embarrassment to a great club.

All Chelsea did was replicate what Liverpool did early in the season. Under pressure the Arsenal midfield gave the ball away with ease

In his first 500 games Wenger won three titles and four fa cups - Absolutely top notch

In the second 500 games he's won nothing !!

Time waits for nobody, football, like everything else moves on, and todays top teams are able to blend quick, neat passing with an intense physicality

Arsenal are too small in stature up and down the team

Time for a change - Thanks for everything Arsene and good bye

O.K the weekend has passed where Spurs win and Arsenal show their true Premiership credentials.

But here are some FACTS.

Arsenals biggest defeats of the season,CHELSEA 6-0.LIVERPOOL 5-1.MAN CITY 6-3.A.VILLA 3-1.

Spurs biggest defeats of the season,MAN CITY 6-0.MAN CITY 5-1 LIVERPOOL 5-0 CHELSEA 4-0.

Results so far ,against Man City,Man Utd ,Liverpool and Chelsea.

ARSENAL P.7 W,1 D,2 L,4.

SPURS P.7 W,1 D,2 L,4.

Oh for a big Club,Arsenal are so much better,are'nt they.LOL.

Results involving Arsenal and Spurs this season:

Arsenal P.3 W3. D0. L0

Spurs P3. W0. D0. L3.

Last 2 league games for each team: Arsenal and Spurs 3 points out of a possible 6.

True Premiership credentials? You probably mean "winning the Premiership credentials"? I think that Arsenal perform very well at Premier League level. A true top 4 team now for how many years? Now, when it comes to winning the Premier League, Arsenal's credentials may well be called into question - just like they have been all season by everyone. I certainly have not been on here stating that Arsenal are going to win it, and I am not sure who has. So, yes, question those title winning credentials!

From the BBC Sport website: "Arsenal's Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Kieran Gibbs have both been cleared after Gibbs was mistakenly sent off in Saturday's 6-0 defeat at Chelsea. A Football Association panel decided that referee Andre Marriner not only dismissed the wrong player, but that Oxlade-Chamberlain's goal-line handball did not deserve a red card".

I am surprised and not sure i agree. Apparently, the rules do not mention "intent" when defining the colour of the card. So if a player deliberately handles to stop a goal, even though his sole intention is to stop a goal, he only gets sent off if the ball was going in. As Hazards shot was off target on Saturday, The Ox does not receive a red card. Mmmmmm. Red card offence for me.

Results involving Arsenal and Spurs this season:

Arsenal P.3 W3. D0. L0

Spurs P3. W0. D0. L3.

Last 2 league games for each team: Arsenal and Spurs 3 points out of a possible 6.

True Premiership credentials? You probably mean "winning the Premiership credentials"? I think that Arsenal perform very well at Premier League level. A true top 4 team now for how many years? Now, when it comes to winning the Premier League, Arsenal's credentials may well be called into question - just like they have been all season by everyone. I certainly have not been on here stating that Arsenal are going to win it, and I am not sure who has. So, yes, question those title winning credentials!

You can try and twist things as much as you like.

Beating Spurs at WHL for the first time in 7 seasons,and having title winning credentials[As do every club],dont make you better than Spurs.

From the BBC Sport website: "Arsenal's Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Kieran Gibbs have both been cleared after Gibbs was mistakenly sent off in Saturday's 6-0 defeat at Chelsea. A Football Association panel decided that referee Andre Marriner not only dismissed the wrong player, but that Oxlade-Chamberlain's goal-line handball did not deserve a red card".

I am surprised and not sure i agree. Apparently, the rules do not mention "intent" when defining the colour of the card. So if a player deliberately handles to stop a goal, even though his sole intention is to stop a goal, he only gets sent off if the ball was going in. As Hazards shot was off target on Saturday, The Ox does not receive a red card. Mmmmmm. Red card offence for me.

And Marriner's punishment for this,he is allocated the Southampton v Newcastle game.

The English game,is fast becoming a laughing stock.