Cornwall Football Forum

PATHETIC

Mangle

Morning Mangle ( no footie again today for me ! ) I will try to answer your questions with my own personal opinion,

1. No idea did not bother to count,

2. No rolling around was not justified, but players seem to think it`s the thing to do.

3. No exaggeration/simulation was necessary,

4. Not in my opinion,

5. You would need to ask the player about his intentions, I would not attempt to second guess.

6. Exactly the same answer as above.

Simple answers I hope, but they are my honest thoughts.

As I have already posted players at all levels try to influence the referee but I can assure you any referee with reasonable experience is not taken in by all the theatrics.

I agree with all of these, Im more of the fact that i dont give 2 s**ts about flores reaction. If caroll HAD NOT of caught him i would have a different point of view, but he did, he got punished, End of for me!

So, 2 of you basically agree that Flores rolled several times, this rolling was not justified, this exaggeration/simulation was not necessary as in your opinions Flores was not hurt. BUT, You would not like to attempt to second guess his intentions!!!???!!!

HA HA HA. What are you afraid of? He was doing it to con the ref. You know, cheat. You do know - but for some reason don't like the thought of saying so.

Mangle, I do not care what he was attempting to do as I completely ignored his actions and his actions would have had no bearing on my decisions, also I couldn`t agree more he was attempting to cheat if that`s what you want me to say, but I will not waste my time of day taking any notice of those actions, also if you have been watching this weekends football there have been several incidents of players cheating in this manner, I only wish I could put a stop to it. I am sorry you think I am afraid of anything but I can assure you that after my forty years as a referee there is nothing on the football field that that I cannot handle and I will make the hardest decisions without a second thought, that`s what being a referee is all about "making decisions". and no prat rolling about will influence me in any way.

Didn't see the game today, listened on 5live. Sounds like Webb got it wrong, Liverpool should have had a second penalty, Gerrard should have got a second yellow etc. However, Mr M, the point is, I know you try to ignore the actions of players, but in the incident with Flores, how did Webb know he was not caught in the face and was really hurt? No matter that you try to ignore this cheating, but with diving etc going on all the time, the refs are on a hiding to nothing. It's them I actually feel for. Stamp it out. Ban Flores for 3 matches for cheating, he'll think twice before feigning injury again. You are basically admitting now that Flores's actions were to influence the ref, and although you are saying that you would never allow the actions of a player to sway your decision.......you are human. Sometimes it will work.

look today yes we had the rub of the green but against utd we had a good shout for a pen when vidic pushed over giroud in the box and suarez was awarded a free kick for screaming out when his follow through caught koscelny , but sanogo had nothing the other end when skirtel foot was high and caught his after he got a shot in which was late so maybe a pen there? all ifs and buts but after 90 mins we won 2-1 but have lost other games by not getting a descion eg pen against liverpool and sending off in a fa cup final with henchos handling on the line then owen doing a smash and grab raid right at the end its football we all have had things go against our teams but taht is why we have forums and pundits to chew the fat with

Mangle, all players try to influence the referee`s decisions, take a simple ball out of play, I guarantee that both players concerned will claim the throw even when one of them will know they were the last to touch the ball. Now I make decisions on what I see and no amount of theatrics/ screams etc influences my decision, I have made a decision before any player tries to feign injury or play the innocent and to the best of my knowledge it hasn`t worked yet, I work on the cause not the effect.. I hope you get to see one of my appointments before I hang up the boots, we could have an interesting conversation.

And, if you read my earlier comments in the "Players need to grow up" thread, you will see I agree with the points you are making regarding "every decision". The only thing I think we do not agree on is whether or not the players antics (cheating) influences the referees decisions. My opinion, of course they do. Hence, when they're found out, penalise them.

Its is inconsistency Phil.

No booking for Podolski, no booking for Sterling, no 2nd booking for Gerrard. Yet he dished out plenty of other yellows. He was as bad in the Chelsea game against Liverpool as well by not booking Eto and then only giving a yellow for Oscar.

He's chuffing awful.

He's having a bad run of performances.He used to be the top referee but not now i'm afraid.I've seen other referees in the Premiership who are much better.

Don't forget the Lloris challenge on Ashley Young,another blatant penalty not given.It;s time that Howard Webb was given a week off as happens to other officials when thay have controvery.

If refs came out and explained things it would be better. How he didn't give the penalty when he's 5 yards away I've no idea. He needs to explain his decision

He's a ***** of the highest degree who makes himself the most important person in the pitch. Typical South Yorkshire policeman

why " should squares explain his yell and theatrics Stevie g whining Brendan's tears get a grip man move on

I would start a new thread, but this will not get the reaction it deserves, I expect, so I'll hide it away in here.......from the BBC website (it concerns rugby):

France number eight Louis Picamoles has been dropped for next week's Six Nations match against Scotland for showing disrespect to a referee.

The forward appeared to mockingly applaud Alain Rolland after the referee sent him to the sin-bin against Wales.

He also gave a thumbs-up gesture as he left the pitch during Friday's 27-6 loss to the reigning champions.

Coach Philippe Saint-Andre said: "Certain attitudes have no place whatsoever in our sport."

He added: "Respect is the foundation of our values. It is important to send a signal to all players who have the privilege of wearing the jersey and remind them it imposes duties and obligations."

Roy in football we could not get the 10 yards being moved back for dissent a few years back like rugby so it won't change ,another pet hate of mine is before a corner all the pushing and shoving ,why don't the refs just wait to the kick is taken and then react either with a pen or free kick the first ref to give a pen would stop it going on and either team penalised would think again for pushing the laws of the game

Mangle, your thoughts on soldados elbow last night? Did the defender exagerate his reaction when he went down? Did soldado mean to elbow?

In my opinion spurs should of been down to 10, he looked for the player, straight red!! Then spurs would of struggled against a team that were matching,if not beating spurs in the 1st half.

• 1 month later...

Rooooooney dive. Pathetic. Not hurt, hardly touched, went down like a sack of shiite, rolled over, grabbed leg in fake pain - conned the referee. Even looked embarrassed when he got up and could not make eye contact with Schweinsteiger. Point made. Footballers are basically cheats. Case for the prosecution rests.