Cornwall Football Forum

Forum Disruption

You may have noticed over the last couple of weeks that during peak time on Saturday evenings the forum has been running very slow.

Since 2006 when the forum first started, I've run the website as a hobby, since then technology has changed and many more people can access the site via mobile devices. This has caused the server to crash at various times particularly on Saturday evenings.

I have tried everything I can to reduce the resources on the original server but it just wasn't working.

Myself and Dave D have discussed various options and we feel for the site to continue we will have to move to a better server but this is going to cost alot more money. We are looking at £40-60 a month server costs as a non-profit site. We dont unfortunately have the luxury of being a comercial news site.

At first we are asking members if you would be prepared to make a small annual donation. However, if we dont raise enough we will have to approach businesses to advertise on the site.

But no need to worry we will remain a Independent football forum!

Many Thanks for your understanding

Rich

Just to second Richard's post.

Richard has tried everything technology wise to avoid asking, but it has unfortunately come to the stage where we are regrettably having to consider asking for financial help to avoid the inconvenience of the site crashing every Saturday evening.

With the number of contributors to the forum, if wouldn't be much required from each individual on either an annual or monthly basis. Or better still, if there are a few businessmen reading this who want a prominent place on what must be one of most viewed forums in the south west, please come forward and have a chat with either Richard or myself.

Likewise if anyone has any ideas and suggestions, feel free to share them please.

Many thanks

Dave (07759 502408)

Considering how successful the forum has become, surely you guys could sell it to Facebook or Google for megabucks, or sackfuls of bitcoins and both become e-billionaires. Just a suggestion!

Or the members could all throw in £10 each and job done, Dave pm me and I could look at a little sponsership

Hi Darren, the old topics over two months old are archived onto a separate database for historic use.

Essentially, every time someone views the site, a piece of the pie is eaten, there was only a limited amount of pie on our old server.

Hoping this will solve the problem which people have been complaining about the past couple of weeks.

Just send me a donate button and I will happily comply.

Am I missing something here? I only access the forum via my Kindle Fire. I know that some websites are either partially or non compatible (Survey Monkey for example never works) with android devices.

I await the opportunity to donate!

Mobile/Smart phones may have similar problems.

Just send me a donate button and I will happily comply.

Am I missing something here? I only access the forum via my Kindle Fire. I know that some websites are either partially or non compatible (Survey Monkey for example never works) with android devices.

I await the opportunity to donate!

Mobile/Smart phones may have similar problems.

You should find one if you go the home page of the "full version" of the site. If you're on a tablet or smertphone, scroll down to the bottom of the page and you should find the link for the full version.

Once on the home page, the donate button is up towards the top right of the page.

And thanks must go out to anyone who does donate.

Although its been very frustrating logging onto the forum lately, its good news really as it means its a popular site to catch up on scores and match reports. Thanks go to richard, dave and anyone else involved for hopefully sorting it out by changing servers or whatever else it is they've done. Just donated a fiver, not alot im afraid, but every little helps as they say! Thx again, rocket

Hi ArgyleFan, thanks for letting me know, I will take a look at this tonight and sort it.

Hi Richard

The posts which keep coming back are from beginning of January onwards.

I've also noticed that if I read a post another one further down the list which was showing as read then changes to unread.

Not a big deal, just a bit bizarre!

Regards,