Cornwall Football Forum

Tavistock 0 Saltash 8

Tavistock were missing eight players from suspension, etc whilst Saltash were five short. To be totally honest Saltash never gave Tavi a moment's peace. Saltash were quicker to the ball, sharper in the tackle, in fact, stronger all over the pitch. Tavistock's heads went after conceding the fourth and in fact, Saltash missed a number of decent goalscoring opportunities to make it even worse for Tavi. This was most certainly not the Tavi side that beat Liskeard in midweek although it was the same players.

I saw about 25 minutes of the second half and watched 5 goals go in. Saltash attacked, Saltash scored. It was a simple as that, I was amazed. I even wondered if Tavy had 11 players on the pitch. One chap said it was the worst Tavy side he had every seen. And ths from a team who beat Liskeard. What a strange league this is.

Gents we all knew about the suspensions a while ago its a lot better if you just get on with it instead of keep whinging about whos out and how long for,lets face it if certain teams dont get a result then they blame it on players being suspended what about the fact that the other team wanted it more or they were better.

I believe this was the same Tavy side that played Lisk on Wed yet all of a sudden this is the worst Tavy team I have ever seen was one comment.

And I also believe Parkway were missing one defender Joe Smith but it sounds like they lost because of their suspensions .

Come on guys give it a rest and give the opposition some credit.

And I also believe Parkway were missing one defender Joe Smith but it sounds like they lost because of their suspensions .

You read too much into it, I was merely saying that despite suspensions for both teams, it was a close game. Unlike the yawning gap of the Tavistock game. Then made the point that the best SQUAD should win the league.