Cornwall Football Forum

City Top 500

• 2 weeks later...

Truro have done realy well, and are getting plenty of publicity,they have a full page photograph of Jason Chapman and Chris Reski in the Nonleague paper also several other stories.

truro.jpg

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

That Heaney bloke has got more SPIN that any MP.........the plans for a 16,000 seater stadium were dropped 2 years ago as unfeasable, unworkable, unprofitable and for 15,500 seats............. UNUSED !

Going back to the Ladies, the figure of 58 is probably correct, so where does the 'over 100' come from. Is that what they do for first team matches, think of the official gate then DOUBLE it to make it look good ? SPIN SPIN SPIN !

The council won't grant him planning as there is a lot of mistrust on their part, too many questions remain unanswered from the Truro camp from what I hear. A facility for the whole of Cornwall to enjoy, if you don't mind paying for the priviledge. Truro already has more artificial pitches than any other town in Cornwall, why would more benefit anyone other than Heaney ? The club won't appeal against the decision... because he knows he can't win.

Potentially 600,000 supporters in Cornwall. Again Truro SPIN.... there are only 500,000 or so living here of which 6,000 support PAFC on a reglar basis, those in the East or North of the county won't travel over an hour to watch them or use the facilities, the rugby lot will not switch over, players and fans of other non-league clubs are unlikely to switch, most women couldn't give a stuff and those in care homes have shown reluctance as it is bingo on saturday afternoons.

Spurs need help at the moment, as a life long fan and former season ticket holder, perhaps Heaney would be better off trying to build on NO HOPE LANE.

Judge - obviously you've not been posting as regularly as you did before because presumably it's taken you that long to think up new ways of slagging others off but I would like to remind you that Truro is not a town, it's a city. Please Judge, if you are going to open your mouth, please ensure you take your foot out first. :rolleyes:

Plymuff Arrogant supporters sticking up for Truro, it is your fans they will be trying to nick.

Yes Truro is a CITY as it has a lovely cathedral but there are bigger towns than Truro in Cornwall, not that this forms any part of the argument. If all you can point out is this minor detail, then I suggest you go away and think even longer than I did before coming up with something sensible to say.

Here we go again, another poster without a clue on Geography or is Plymuff a suburb of Torquay ?

As you have nothing sensible to contribute to the discussion, may I suggest you use PASOTI where like minded folk can talk about who you are going to lose to next in the Fizzy Pop league.

That Heaney bloke has got more SPIN that any MP.........the plans for a 16,000 seater stadium were dropped 2 years ago as unfeasable, unworkable, unprofitable and for 15,500 seats............. UNUSED !

Going back to the Ladies, the figure of 58 is probably correct, so where does the 'over 100' come from. Is that what they do for first team matches, think of the official gate then DOUBLE it to make it look good ? SPIN SPIN SPIN !

The council won't grant him planning as there is a lot of mistrust on their part, too many questions remain unanswered from the Truro camp from what I hear. A facility for the whole of Cornwall to enjoy, if you don't mind paying for the priviledge. Truro already has more artificial pitches than any other town in Cornwall, why would more benefit anyone other than Heaney ? The club won't appeal against the decision... because he knows he can't win.

Potentially 600,000 supporters in Cornwall. Again Truro SPIN.... there are only 500,000 or so living here of which 6,000 support PAFC on a reglar basis, those in the East or North of the county won't travel over an hour to watch them or use the facilities, the rugby lot will not switch over, players and fans of other non-league clubs are unlikely to switch, most women couldn't give a stuff and those in care homes have shown reluctance as it is bingo on saturday afternoons.

Spurs need help at the moment, as a life long fan and former season ticket holder, perhaps Heaney would be better off trying to build on NO HOPE LANE.

Judge is there no end to the jealousy and the crap you write about Truro City Football Club and it's chairman.

If you ever did meet him,you would know that he is a true gentleman,(not that he would want to talk to you after all the lies that you have said about him).He is one of the few chairman that comes onto the pitch after a game and shakes hand with the visiting team,a true gent and sportsman.

You being a member of Newquay A.F.C.it must make them really proud to have a supporter that comes on this forum and writes such rubbish and insults other Cornish clubs.

KIT 65.

The Judge is a supporter of Newquay AFC, why can't he have Truro as a rival and say what he wants about them?

The higher they go, the more Truro are going to have to get used to people not liking them, jesus christ, you'd have thought we have to be one big happy family down here.

Truro going higher and higher, as I have said before, will have no benefit on any Cornish side down here

Let the Judge rant! He's got no reason to give City a break, and we'll need to innoculate ourselves to grade-A abuse as we climb the pyramid.

Sure, most of what he writes is evidence of some serious quasi-mental imbalance or lack of perspective, but we know that, most of the posters know that, and our shoulders are broad enough.

ROLL ON TRURO CITY!

Guest Peppermint

Whilst accusing The Judge of some serious quasi mental imbalance Xembla seems to conviently forget the posting of Truro Lad who has to descend to the gutter to make comments.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions and I am not saying I agree with the Judge's comments but I think he should be allowed to express them without the torrent of abuse from Truro Lad. Perhaps the administrators would like to look at his posting and adjudicate!

Surely Xembla cannot possible condone language of the gutter.

The Judge is a supporter of Newquay AFC, why can't he have Truro as a rival and say what he wants about them?

The higher they go, the more Truro are going to have to get used to people not liking them, jesus christ, you'd have thought we have to be one big happy family down here.

Truro going higher and higher, as I have said before, will have no benefit on any Cornish side down here

Yes perhaps Judge is a Newquay supporter,and yes perhaps Truro is a rival team,I see nothing wrong with that but I think you have to know where to draw the line.I think personally insulting a club chairman is way out of order.Darren I know your views on Truro City as you have explained to me before,and I respect that,but I never thought that even you would agree with the personal insults thrown at the Truro chairman by Judge.

As you know I am a Truro supporter,and yes we have rival teams as well,but I would never dream of slagging them off on this forum.I see nothing wrong with healthy rivalry but lets keep it to that,after all it's only a game of football.

KIT 65.

Guest Urban Spaceman

Perhaps the administrators would like to look at his posting and adjudicate!

nice 2 c the moderators are doing a good job in allowing a posting using

language of the gutter

If Mr Heaney or Truro City FC been so concerned over my comments regarding the situation at Treyew Road in the past 3 years, I'm sure that I would have heard from their legal advisors, read into that what you will !

Once again, the word Jealousy rears it's ugly head. If you had read my previous postings on the subject, you would be aware of my sympathies for the real Truro fans who did not want the club taken over by just one man. I have no reason for envy towards Truro City, I am more than happy being a fan of little ol' Newquay. How much stick did Chelsea get when the Russian walked in and bought 6 trophies in 3 years ?, Truro are the same but on a much more local basis. What you can say for the Russian, is that he has never hidden any agenda behind his bankrolling the club, again read into that what you will.

For those who do not like reading the 'other side' of the Truro story, then you have become brainwashed by the hype and publicity - open your eyes and see both sides of the facts, lies, statistics and abuse. Everyone who knocks my point of view offers nothing in the way of an argument, just the usual rubbish about envy, jealousy etc. Perhaps if they were as well informed as some at Citys current next door neighbours, they would sing a different song. The way some portray Mr Heaney, perhaps we should all be attending the Church of Truro City and hail the saviour of Cornish football.

I feel sorry for the Truro players.

Each time they secure 3 points for a win in their march up the tables they must realise they are putting their jobs at risk as half of them won't be good enough for the Southern League. If their Combo team get promoted then will they take a pay cut and play SWPL Div 1 football. And the players in their Combo team, will they be willing to drop down to the 3rd team.

Guest Postie Pidge

How many of the players would be happy to go full time?

What would happen if during that first season, a player picks up an injury and is out for the season and falls out of favour and released the following season. After giving up a well paid job to go full time, he now has to find a new job.

I know it's an old debate but we have to ask the question as to why Mr Heaney is involved with Truro. If their home ground was 2 miles out of Truro on a B-Road and down a dirt track. i.e. no development potential. Would "property developer" Kevin Heaney still be throwing so much money at the club? I would love to think that it had no bearing but am not so sure.

This is a valid question and not a dig at Truro. If someone could answer it well I would be pleased to be a bit less cynical about it all.

Dont know much about Mr Heaney, only know he has spent a lot of money to get Truro where they are, and as he is a business man I presume he will be hoping to make the club self sufficient in the future, therefor not needing his money. As I say, I know nothing about the man, but if it was my club he was supporting I would be over the moon. Like it or not, Truro are on a roll and the best of luck to all involved with the club.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest postman pat

what is it with this desease we have in this country of ours. as soon as anyone has any sucess everyman and his dog tries to knock them down <_<