Cornwall Football Forum

Bryn Wheeler steps down at Falmouth Town

I would like to dispel any rumours or innuendos that may arise from Bryn's decision to step down.

This came out of the blue on Saturday night when I received a call from Bryn, I decided to let him think about it and we spoke again on Sunday as did the Chairman. Bryn has had enough of football and with falling out with players that he considers friends and has therefore decided he want's to have a complete break from the game,

Bryn has not taken the decision lightly and we at Falmouth Town wish to place on record our thanks for all the hard work he has put in at the club and leaves the combo side in a very healthy position. Bryn, as most people know, is a very good friend of mine and remains so, we spoke only this morning and it is at his request that I have put this statement out.

Bryn wishes the club, the players and supporters of Falmouth Town all the very best for the future and will in fact remain registered as a player to help out whenever necessary.

Although Bryn is no longer a member on this forum has asked me in our telephone conversation of today to release this statement and also stated that he will go on line this evening to confirm this statement.

I hope that satisfies the curiosity of many and stops the jungle drums of a few more.

lets be honest, this man doesnt spend long anywhere, how many clubs has he been attached to in the last few years? toys out of his pram, and moves on again, clubs like Fal should be looking for stability, and would of surly known they'd not be getting this prior to his appointment, only themsleves to blame.

i do, i blame them for being so naive as to thinking this would be good for the club in the long run, a club i have watched for and played for has had more managers recently than CTB has had sly digs at any club past KFC (Penz), who make's these decisions at Town? whoever it is needs to be addressed sooner rather than later!

Anybody really surprised?? Absolutely no comitment or loyalty.

The man Was a great servant to the club in his early playing days, but has proven on many occasions that he won't commit a whole season anywhere anymore. Surprised that he was asked/accepted for the job.

Will he become part of the 1st team management staff John?

Finally activated an account after reading some interesting views. The only view that matters here unfortunately kids is my own. Now the people that really know me, know all to well how much i like to put into football. They also have seen a change in me recently in and away from football. Im not going to go into detail but my drinking days have put me in not to great shape, by the sounds of a few comments some may be overjoyed with this. I was bringing up blood on the pitch alot of the time and its my decision to end.My health is more important than anything to me and my girlfriend and with all the hassle of running a team its really not helping. Ive had a players dad ring me up this season unhappy his kids not playing, never had that at senior level, ive had players moaning, whining and generally testing my patience which in honesty i just dont have anymore. These players are all close friends and i dont want to fall out with any of them. The club needs someone who can totally commit and at present that isnt me and wont be again. I WONT be anywhere else within football im just done with the game as a whole. I dont drink anymore so the social side has gone for me (my own fault for the way i used to drink i know) and my time will be now spent with the mrs and relaxing at home. Ive played the game since the age of 7 and have been fortunate enough to be involved with some great teams in some even greater games involving FA Cup and Vase. Ive won countless trophies so ive done ok. I can look back and smile. Im pretty sure there are a few that wont be doing that and wont have had the success ive been lucky enough to enjoy. Probably where the nice comments are from. I believe im the only player to have been top scorer in the Town 1st and 2nd team in the same season. Not bad really. Joking aside im leaving the combo side at town in great shape and i thank every team and manager ive played for, for putting up with me. Its just time now to enjoy life without football. No doubt il watch a few games, but that will be it. Hopefully this clears one or two things up for the lovely people with their loving comments. So to sum it all up kids, are we reading carefully ............its a health issue more than anything. The stress and aggravation are not worth my health or falling out with mates who i love to bits. Good luck to Rosy and Knowlsey, i know they will do a great job. And lastly thanku to all the players that have put up with me over the last 17 years of senior football. I know i can be a nightmare. Right, i can de activate again now. Much love. X

Wouldn't be surprised to see him with the Town No.9 shirt at Tavistock on Saturday.

I would

It was only wishful thinking John-I was hoping Bryn could have added that odd goal to join the 50 goal club For Falmouth 1st team.

Also looking at it from a logical point of view Bryn scored for the reserves last Saturday and by all accounts the first team are down to only one recognised goal scorer(striker).

Finally activated an account after reading some interesting views. The only view that matters here unfortunately kids is my own. Now the people that really know me, know all to well how much i like to put into football. They also have seen a change in me recently in and away from football. Im not going to go into detail but my drinking days have put me in not to great shape, by the sounds of a few comments some may be overjoyed with this. I was bringing up blood on the pitch alot of the time and its my decision to end.My health is more important than anything to me and my girlfriend and with all the hassle of running a team its really not helping. Ive had a players dad ring me up this season unhappy his kids not playing, never had that at senior level, ive had players moaning, whining and generally testing my patience which in honesty i just dont have anymore. These players are all close friends and i dont want to fall out with any of them. The club needs someone who can totally commit and at present that isnt me and wont be again. I WONT be anywhere else within football im just done with the game as a whole. I dont drink anymore so the social side has gone for me (my own fault for the way i used to drink i know) and my time will be now spent with the mrs and relaxing at home. Ive played the game since the age of 7 and have been fortunate enough to be involved with some great teams in some even greater games involving FA Cup and Vase. Ive won countless trophies so ive done ok. I can look back and smile. Im pretty sure there are a few that wont be doing that and wont have had the success ive been lucky enough to enjoy. Probably where the nice comments are from. I believe im the only player to have been top scorer in the Town 1st and 2nd team in the same season. Not bad really. Joking aside im leaving the combo side at town in great shape and i thank every team and manager ive played for, for putting up with me. Its just time now to enjoy life without football. No doubt il watch a few games, but that will be it. Hopefully this clears one or two things up for the lovely people with their loving comments. So to sum it all up kids, are we reading carefully ............its a health issue more than anything. The stress and aggravation are not worth my health or falling out with mates who i love to bits. Good luck to Rosy and Knowlsey, i know they will do a great job. And lastly thanku to all the players that have put up with me over the last 17 years of senior football. I know i can be a nightmare. Right, i can de activate again now. Much love. X

Thanks for that Bryn - all the best in your "retirement", but don't leave the game completely.

Cheers Dave. If ever u want a match covered mate maybe thats something I will be able to do. Total neutral and no stress, haha. Thanks Scoffy. First Saturday off yesterday and the phone was silent. Kept close eye on the Town score, gutted to see they lost after the great run we had. The boys will turn it around again. No doubt in that. It was nice to just chill out and do some DIY shopping yesterday..............kind of!!! X

Cheers gents. Great memories at Penzance and loved it at all the clubs I've been PROUD enough to represent. Mitchy i really dont think my blood pressure and health would take the job you do in the middle mate. Haha. Love and best wishes to all down Penzance. Hope Deano steers the ship back to the top end of table. The supporters deserve nothing more than success down there! Brilliant club and brilliant supporters. X

Haha no, no comebacks anymore. Maybe a veteran team run out in the future all being well. Not far off veteran now actually. 32. Haha x

Ha, ha, I was called a veteran in the paper when I was 32 :wacko: I knew then that it was time :thumbsup: best of luck.

A word of warning, veteran matches are all about the afterwards. Regards, older.

Haha not even spoken to Matty. Anyone that speaks to me hears exactly the same. Im done completely with football. Nothing against anyone im just done. I will watch a few games now and again but thats as far as it goes. Falmouth v Penryn sat in cup. May pop up and watch that.