Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results - 19/1013

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gwinear 2 illogan 4. Difficult conditions on a very small pitch. Illogan 2-0 up at half time with gwinear starting strong second half to level it at 2-2. Illogan showed great composure to score two goals later in the 2nd half to secure the 3 points. Thanks for the grub after. Not that many people are interested in a match report this week.

On the contrary, a decent match report or two would be welcome light relief. It might show that the vast majority of games are played in the right spirit. While we shouldn't hide from the bad minority, we should get on and highlight the decent majority.

Wuz you robbed young Yeti?

where are the moderators or whatever they call themselves - surely the diatribe involving Titans and St Ives on here should be scrutinised if not withdrawn if proceedings are a possibility - Come on Mr Deacon - forget your beloved Truro City for a minute and sort this out. I have seen lesser threads withdrawn

Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, October 20, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Dave Deacon, October 20, 2013 - No reason given

spot on mitchy matey. :yahoo: pip :yahoo::yahoo: what a small minded man you are do you really believe the poppycock u write :yahoo: according to you there was a 15 man brawl of which there were only 3 st ives players, that in itself is laughable, as for my players you needn't fret pip squeak there as loyal as they come. as for the horrible dirty fat old man thats because your misses makes a cracking breakfast

Now now fellas let's all play nicely the only time Marksy gets involved in a fight is in the queue at McDonald's or Kentucky now put it to bed and move on :ph34r::D

where are the moderators or whatever they call themselves - surely the diatribe involving Titans and St Ives on here should be scrutinised if not withdrawn if proceedings are a possibility - Come on Mr Deacon - forget your beloved Truro City for a minute and sort this out. I have seen lesser threads withdrawn

As I'm away on holiday at the moment I was rather hoping that one of the other moderators might have dealt with this one.

As it is I'm waiting to hear PM replies from both Pip and also just sent a message to Dave as well.

As for scrutinising, we can't always be looking at the Forum 24 hours, a lot of what is allowed to be posted is down to you guys. le boss - yes, I know I have personally taken threads and posts off here, but at the end of the day, we have to ask you people to be responsible human beings and post appropriately.

I've had one "Active Report" on the content of this thread - if it so bad why not more? If people don't like what they read in as much as they suspect it is wrong, accusational or libellous - report things the correct way instead of posting another post!

When you suggest "proceedings are possible", I suggest a lot of people should think before writing - the CCFA must have a field day from some of you - more suspensions handed out and more fines applied - how stupid is that?

If you want us on this Forum to get tougher - we can, just say the word. First suggestion perhaps should be to get people to post under their real names - that way we get to free up the forum space for people who love Cornish football and don't just want to use the Forum to have a go at a fellow football follower.

Finally, what's the point of mentioning "Truro City" - absolutely nothing to do with them!

on a side note, Mousehole 3rd 3-1 Wendron 4ths, Id do a wite up but no one will read as there all to busy discussing how much of a thug someone apparently is, I wasnt there so not passing judgement, Man of the match was Right Back steven Bell, played a blinder didn't miss a thing! including his huge throw ins that almost got us 4 goals today, a very game performance form the Extremly young 4th team, being a keeper myself credit to the 5f 5in Keeper, from what i saw of him today hes got bags of quality and good technique if he was 5 inches taller he may become very very good hehe :yahoo: 2 nil up at half time hit the post and ball 4 times in total then Wendron brought it back to 2-1 with about 15 minutes to go with a wierd looking half shot chip type thing, then sub Dan Stevens wrapped up the points with 8 mins to go with a delightful shot from 25 yards, that lopped over the retreating/diving keeper

**** of the day went to Greg Olds for missing 8 shots and 2 one on ones, As the manager quite rightly pointed out, he put more millage on the ball than his 10 year old car! gl to Wendron wont be long til we make the return journey and im looking forward to it

Madron 1-7 Falmouth Town

First half we (Madron) tried to stifle Falmouths football and coming in 2-0 down at half time i felt we could turn things around,we had a very confident dressing room when leaving for the second half.Especially after we had created a number of good chances,hitting the post twice and the Falmouth keeper making several good saves.Things didn't really go to plan when we conceded the third seconds after the whistle was blown and minutes later our winger rifled in an own goal that any striker would have been proud of if it had been in the right net.That was the end of the game for us as we went to pieces.Another own goal, off my shoulder and two more strikes left us defeated and in truth it could have been a few more.

Many thanks to Chris,one of the Falmouth lads,who reffed the game for us and did a superb job.Best of luck to the Falmouth boys who were great on and off the pitch and are a credit to their club.See you guys again in a few weeks for our cup tie.

Mark

Russell Hall Cup Round 1

St Day 3rds 0-4 Holman SC reserves

A day the St Day keeper would like to forget.

Holmans started the stronger, and took the lead midway through the first half with a snap shot from the edge of the box after a long ththrow. From them on, they dominated the chances, St Day being left with only long range efforts, none of which tested the visiting keeper. Holmans added a second after a howler - a back pass from 25 yards out, the GK took an almighty swing at it and missed it completely and had to watch the ball trickle into the net.

Things stayed the same for about 20 minutes of the second half, but then St Day found their footing and came into the game more. Two or three decent efforts went close, and they deserved to close the gap but found it impossible to do so. Then, just as they were looking the side most likely to score, another defensive mess-up saw the ball rolling towards an unguarded net, the goalie and a defender converged on it together and managed to claw it out but only to the feet of an attacker who thrashed it home from close range.

A fourth was added with the very last kick of the game, an unmarked player hooked in from waist high from about 12 yards out to complete a dismal day for the home defence.

I've just wasted over an hour of my holiday hiding posts on this thread that shouldn't have been posted here in the first place. Instead, if you have concerns of this nature - direct them to the appropriate authorities.

Please no more on this subject on this match report thread - they'll only be deleted!

Now I'm back to my beer!

Cheers

Dave

sometimes dave issues need to aggravate to get a solution and if i hear a gaffer assaulting a gaffer it needs pressing , results are scorelines as well as occurrences

no one remembers scorelines at hillsborough odsall or heisell because the events become more important and id say an assault at a game is important

Guest BenTheYeti

Gwinear 2 illogan 4. Difficult conditions on a very small pitch. Illogan 2-0 up at half time with gwinear starting strong second half to level it at 2-2. Illogan showed great composure to score two goals later in the 2nd half to secure the 3 points. Thanks for the grub after. Not that many people are interested in a match report this week.

On the contrary, a decent match report or two would be welcome light relief. It might show that the vast majority of games are played in the right spirit. While we shouldn't hide from the bad minority, we should get on and highlight the decent majority.

Due to the amount of abuse I have received this afternoon, (some might say it's worthy) from both sides of the line.. I will be taking an indefinite break from this forum

ive been informed to only discuss match details... hang on a minute cornish football FORUM ... do you not understand what a forum is ... its to discuss your veiws , if we were to just read about the game it would be boring .. we would just buy a local paper ...

in the game at villa a linesman was hit by a missile .... do you think that everyone just turns a blind eye and doesnt talk about it ... no

forums are for this type of discussion

jesus christ man up

you've got a bloody cheek mate ,,, freedom of speech and all that ... trying to push me in the corner when ive got something to say ..while your sunning it up drinking cheap spanish beer ...

some poor bloke gets whacked in front of his daughter and you just ask everyone not to talk about it... are we living back in the 50s or something ....

by the way what a spiffing game of football it was yesterday , all the chaps were fantastic , and bravo to the groundsman for a splendid pitch ---- hows that better

Due to the amount of abuse I have received this afternoon, (some might say it's worthy) from both sides of the line.. I will be taking an indefinite break from this forum

Ben, have tried to P.M. you but failed, are you full or have I screwed up (again)?

Guest BenTheYeti

Ben, have tried to P.M. you but failed, are you full or have I screwed up (again)?

Wasn't full but deleted what was in there any way just in case that was the problem

Camborne Athletic 0-4 Newbridge Athletic

Alex Skelton

Elliot Baker

James Tregay

Josh Turner

A great result for Newbridge this week and 1st clean sheet of the season, the lads worked hard and deserved the win. We started very strong having several chances to go in front but it took a good 20 minutes to get our 1st goal, chances being hit straight at the keeper, wide of the goal and hitting the bar. A goal eventually came from a ball played in by Matt Montgomery to Alex Skelton who slotted the ball into the bottom left corner comfortably to take the lead 1-0. Newbridge continued to press to make the lead greater and Adam Smith almost did that, a super strike from 35 yards going top left corner but the keeper made an excellent save to tip it over the bar, but then just before half time Elliot Baker rifled in the second goal giving Camborne keeper no chance. Camborne had two chances the whole half and were both way wide of the goal giving myself very little to do. The score should have been about 10-0 at half time and on another day it may have been but the half time score was 2-0.

Second half Camborne came out better than they did the first half but was still unable to find the goal. James Tregay continued to have chances sweeping wide of the goal or at the keeper, and was getting rather frustrated not scoring as last week he had scored 5! Camborne were given several freekicks just outside the box which were somewhat unfair to Newbridge which were 50-50 balls and both teams just trying to get the ball. One came from the ref getting in the way which he did alot of and the Newbridge midfield having to make a challenege to stop the one on one. Camborne did come close with one of their free kicks but I saved well and turned it over the bar. Other freekicks weren't so good and were dealt with by the wall or myself pretty comfortably. Newbridge were to strong for Camborne and sealed the win with Matt Montgomery chipping the ball over the keeper and finding James Tregay to tap in and finally grab a goal. James was then bought off for Josh Turner and he grabbed himself a goal to make it 4-0. Matt Montgomery should have had a penalty late on when the Camborne keeper bought him down but the ref said no. The keeper seemed to lunge into alot of challenges when they were 3,4-0 down and was lucky to stay on the field. Newbridge held on to the 4-0 lead and grabbed another 3 points and our 1st clean sheet. Full time 4-0.

Man of the Match: Sam Joyce, but anyone of the team could of had it for an excellent performance by all.

Best of luck to Camborne Athletic for the rest of their season and thanks for the food back at the pub.