Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results - 19/1013

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trelawny Premier: Carharrack 1 Helston 7

Well done to Helston, they played some very good football, fully deserving the 3 points. we didn't turn up in the first half which wasn't good enough. A lot better in the 2nd half though. Gavin Perraton with our only goal.

Disappointing that only 1 member of the Helston side came back to the club house after the game, when food was laid on!!! He wasn't even a Player!!!!

Praze 2 Gwinear 5 Praze started well today and went 2-0 up. Gwinear battled back to make it 2-2 before half time. Probably a fair score. 13 seconds into the second half Gwinear made it 3-2 and never looked back and ran out comfortable 5-2 winners. The game was well reffed by Nigel Nichols who always has a good game and in my opinion is one of the top refs around. I don't know what prazes goalie was on today because he moaned all game! It was probably down to the fact that he couldn't catch a cold but never mind we all have bad games :)

Trelawny 2

Storm 2 (1) TMS 1 (1)

Storm scorers : Ben Kellow, David Mitchell

We knew we would be in for a tough game today and it was definitely hard fought. Storm took the lead in the first minute after the TMS keeper made an uncharacteristic error allowing Kellow to pounce on the ball and slot home into the unguarded net. There was a lot of attacking intent from both sides and we felt hard done by not to be awarded a penalty as Kellow was brought down in the area however the ref felt the defender had played the ball.

TMS appealed for a penalty at the other end as a shot struck an arm but again nothing was given. As the break drew near TMS started to hold the ascendancy and minutes before the whistle blew they found themselves back on level terms as an attack was broken down they were able to lay the ball back to one of the unmarked midfielders who whipped the ball across to the left of the area for a neat finish by their striker.

I felt we had the better of the play 2nd half as TMS changed formation to counyer our attacking threat. We notably managed to rattle both posts and see a shot over the bar form 6 yards as the game wore on it seemed like it just wasn't going to happen until David Mitchell shifted the ball onto his right inside the area and lashed the ball inside the far post to seal the win.

TMS were a good bunch and ive no doubt they'll do well this season. Thanks for coming back after the game. Well reffed by Porky "consistently $#/?" as he put it.

Div 1

West Cornwall 3-2 Lizard

Game swung both ways, WC went 1 up against the run of play, Lizard pulled one back just before half time. On another day they could have been out of sight by half time due to the amount of chances they created.

2nd half, WC missed a penalty, then Lizard put themselves in front. Then somehow WC equalized and nicked a winner nearly on the full time whistle. Lizard played very well and on reflection were worth at least a point, maybe all 3! Cheers for a good turn out at the pub also, especially given the long trek home. Top effort.

Game well reffed in my opinion by Tim Reeks. Looked to play advantage at every opportunity and was always in a good position to give a decision. Top stuff Sir. All the best to Lizard for the rest of the season, good bunch of lads down there!

Praze 2 Gwinear 5 Praze started well today and went 2-0 up. Gwinear battled back to make it 2-2 before half time. Probably a fair score. 13 seconds into the second half Gwinear made it 3-2 and never looked back and ran out comfortable 5-2 winners. The game was well reffed by Nigel Nichols who always has a good game and in my opinion is one of the top refs around. I don't know what prazes goalie was on today because he moaned all game! It was probably down to the fact that he couldn't catch a cold but never mind we all have bad games :)

Comfortable win after a bit of a slow start from Gwin but once that third goal went in, it was all Gwin. Praze not troubling our keeper except for one penalty and a good strike from Adam Matthews. Gwin dominant in going forward and unlucky not to have scored more. Some questionable keeping at times by the home sides keeper which did help us at various points but it's gotta be said he made a few good saves also. Some good goals scored by both sides. It's always good to go to Praze, apart from one little hissy fit, the game was played in relatively good spirits with plenty of good meaty challenges being made.

Definitely have to commend Nigel for his role in the middle today, it's not easy being a ref but he very rarely makes mistakes and was once again on good form today. All the best to Praze for the rest of the season, thanks for the food also :)

Guest BenTheYeti
Posted · Hidden by Dave Deacon, October 20, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Dave Deacon, October 20, 2013 - No reason given

Twitter tells that there's been some shenanigans up at Titans today...

Newquay 4ths 1 - Camborne Town 4. Ht 1-1

Much need win for town today after 2 weeks of higher leagues teams in the cups,

Newquay caught town against the run of play to open the scoring but it was one way traffic after that, good team performance by town,

Town Goals, Gareth Bone 4

Mom Gareth Bone/Michael Bolt

Titans 1-1 St ives

Last season you made the same assumption you really should concentrate on those cracking write ups, ben. St ives great youngsters well battled for 90 mins thoroughly deserved their point, terrible refereeing report off to fa , probably won't be anything done. after ninety minutes handbags between the teams. End of. Good luck to st ives for rest of season hope you enjoyed the food after. :D

Guest BenTheYeti

Titans 1-1 St ives

Last season you made the same assumption you really should concentrate on those cracking write ups, ben. St ives great youngsters well battled for 90 mins thoroughly deserved their point, terrible refereeing report off to fa , probably won't be anything done. after ninety minutes handbags between the teams. End of. Good luck to st ives for rest of season hope you enjoyed the food after. :D

Funny that.. could have sworn you punched the opposition manager

Titans 1-1 St ives

Just out of interest who was the ref please

Titans 1-1 St ives

Just out of interest who was the ref please

tony reynolds

Guest BenTheYeti

You need to be careful what you write yeti, did you see that , oh no you were trying to keep goal for another team. :yahoo:

Was I? I thought I was playing right back.. no wonder we lost.

And I am merely stating what has been written on social media, where far more people will view it than on this forum

You are correct ben im sure your friend will be delighted to know you've splashed him all over the forum calling Titans the dirtiest team down here and scruffy twats, as i recall one yellow card was shown the entire game.

appreciate the comment wells, i know im lining up for the barrage of abuse about not enough refs but i can't say anymore this has to be sent through the right channels. What happened with decisions today were none less than ridiculous . Enough said.

Titans 1 st ives res 1,

Very pleased with the lads today battled well throughout, and played some good football, bit disapointed with the penalty we conceded

not denying it was a penalty but ref gave it on appeals, he cant have seen it, if he did our player should have gone, we could have nicked it at the end with penalty of our own but hit the post, probably our best performance of the season, and we drop a place in the league!!

newquay 3rds travelled to frogpool

after last season double defeats the youngsters showed a different approach

playing 44 11 kicking uphill they pedalled well and deflected heavy challenges to open a lead to 5 1 by halftime

the usual suspect in the 69 shirt again embarrassed fotball and frogpool by resorting to grabbing on to young players when he lost the ball , mostly down to his own inability and not dispossesion

whilst i appreciate there is football for all including learning difficulties , this kid plays by his own rules and when told his actions are illegal and look pathetic , he retorts with bizarre rants

perhaps exhaustion muddles his brain but please someone have a word

newquay boys went out second half and after sitting back for 15 returned to the job and converted another 7

ending at 12 1 to newquay

one rash tackle by a newquay fullback was duly booked but frogpool old boys will one day break a young leg with their style of wreckless tackles

number 69 got a bit loose but his holding is rugby league style and really should stop , if nothing else it over shadows frogpools quality players who keep playing against impossible overturns

The thing is marksy this is a forum for results and opinions but the moment u write the word referee in a sentence u know ur doomed to criticism. Some refs make mistakes,yeah they r only human but others r just not good enough and cost teams points etc. we all want our teams to do well and if we lose and it's our fault then yeah we take it on the chin but when the result gets taken out of our hands by a dodgy referee decision it is a bit hard to take

Comfortable win after a bit of a slow start from Gwin but once that third goal went in, it was all Gwin. Praze not troubling our keeper except for one penalty and a good strike from Adam Matthews. Gwin dominant in going forward and unlucky not to have scored more. Some questionable keeping at times by the home sides keeper which did help us at various points but it's gotta be said he made a few good saves also. Some good goals scored by both sides. It's always good to go to Praze, apart from one little hissy fit, the game was played in relatively good spirits with plenty of good meaty challenges being made.

Definitely have to commend Nigel for his role in the middle today, it's not easy being a ref but he very rarely makes mistakes and was once again on good form today. All the best to Praze for the rest of the season, thanks for the food also :)

You need to be careful what you write yeti, did you see that , oh no you were trying to keep goal for another team. :yahoo:

I suggest you should watch what you write too Marksy in regard to referees. Why was he so bad?

Notice that you haven't denied this 'accused punch' too. If the accusation is true then you should be ashamed. If not true, then the accuser should be ashamed.

Nevertheless, a very good result for St Ives, and still a great start to life in Div 1 for Titans.

All the best

all the st ives lads had some food etc , and as already stated lovely hard working team who quite rightly as filbert has put could of won it i take on your point as well Wells and have to say no criticism from me with ref for st ives getting a point they deserved that and any team who nicked it had there been one would of deserved it as well,

:yahoo::yahoo: your funny pete, i thought you would of got over us beating you 3 weeks ago :yahoo: if you read what i wrote i will leave it to a report that will be written, you put your feet up pete and watch the x factor now. As for punching , and no denial you really don't know me at all , i dont have to defend an accusation of poppycock

Trelawny 2

Storm 2 (1) TMS 1 (1)

We knew we would be in for a tough game today and it was definitely hard fought. Storm took the lead in the first minute after the TMS keeper made an uncharacteristic error allowing Kellow to pounce on the ball and slot home into the unguarded net. There was a lot of attacking intent from both sides and we felt hard done by not to be awarded a penalty as Kellow was brought down in the area however the ref felt the defender had played the ball.

TMS appealed for a penalty at the other end as a shot struck an arm but again nothing was given. As the break drew near TMS started to hold the ascendancy and minutes before the whistle blew they found themselves back on level terms as an attack was broken down they were able to lay the ball back to one of the unmarked midfielders who whipped the ball across to the left of the area for a neat finish by their striker.

I felt we had the better of the play 2nd half as TMS changed formation to counyer our attacking threat. We notably managed to rattle both posts and see a shot over the bar form 6 yards as the game wore on it seemed like it just wasn't going to happen until David Mitchell shifted the ball onto his right inside the area and lashed the ball inside the far post to seal the win.

TMS were a good bunch and ive no doubt they'll do well this season. Thanks for coming back after the game. Well reffed by Porky "consistently $#/?" as he put it.

Adam - As regards your claim for a penalty in the first half,Porky told me that the Threemilestone defender got the ball first before Ben Kellow so no penalty awarded.

I saw Marksy driving to the ground today looked very calm having a laugh! You can't tell me this man gets wound up! Or totally winds everyone on here up!

I've never met any one who loves winding people up more then Dave! Things happen at our level of football none of us are perfect in what we do hense we participate at the level we do! Both teams had a drink and food after, no doubt shook hands, managers will write the reports if something is done about it fair enough!

Bit less of the slagging people off it will only resort in Dave winding certain people up and laughing in his front room at the responses!!

Keep it up Dave love reading about your outings!!

:yahoo::yahoo: ian beale im sure your like the real one :yahoo: hes afraid of his own shadow, bet you've had your head shoved down the toilet by a phil as well :yahoo: can i hide behind you alfie? :yahoo: geco 3 lovely to hear from you on the pm bud always a gentleman and scholar and u pretty much summed it up , me laughing , how could you think that of me :ph34r:

Not Peter mate!

X factor was disappointing tonight, agree? More of a Strictly fan.

Yes, noticed your comment about paperwork after my post-which is sensible and fair enough. Fair play.

If I was accused of throwing a punch, especially to a peer, that I hadn't - I know I would want to clear my name, but perhaps sensible not to comment.

Knew all the fishing you do on here would land you in trouble!

Anyway,best of luck, great start for you boys - like I said. And keep up the posts on here, always a good read!

Think u kids on here need to grow up and leave it out with marskey as u don't now him in person he has love for the game and is by far the best manager I have ever played for and has made titans a class team so shut ur beaks and leave it As this convo is gone too far d***s end off

Trelawny 2

Storm 2 (1) TMS 1 (1)

Adam - As regards your claim for a penalty in the first half,Porky told me that the Threemilestone defender got the ball first before Ben Kellow so no penalty awarded.

I believe that is what I said. Football is a game of opinions. I felt it was a penalty. He explained why he thought it wasn't. Thats football and we moved on. I also said he reffed the game well. It wasnt a criticism it was just how I saw it.

Carharrack 2-6 Marazion Res

Going into this game we were decimated by injuries and other commitments, having to call on our manager and assistant on to the subs bench. Didn't see the first half but heard Craig Rennard got the first, followed by a Carharrack goal. Liam Mooney and Craig made it 3-1 before Carharrack scored their second. Up to that point the game was quite even and very different to the last time the teams me.

Second half was only a few minutes old when Liam rifled one in after turning his defender. He then scored another completing his hat trick. We created several chances but it wasn't til late on that we got our 6th when Stevie Hunt chipped the ball to the far post and I nipped in before the keeper could get to it.

A good three points won which keeps us right on the heels of the leaders. Game was well reffed and the pitch was the best I've ever seen it. Carharrack are a good bunch and the game was played in the right manner.

Trelawny 2

Storm 2 (1) TMS 1 (1)

I believe that is what I said. Football is a game of opinions. I felt it was a penalty. He explained why he thought it wasn't. Thats football and we moved on. I also said he reffed the game well. It wasnt a criticism it was just how I saw it.

Was a very open game. The Lads were disappointed with there performance today, however Storms heavy use of there wingers to get in behind the fullbacks with pace was very effective and caused us large problems at times. Would like to wish Storm the best for the rest of the Season.

Ohh and on the refereeing Porky was consistent ... as ever and thats all you can ask for from a referee. They have to call them as they see them, all managers and players can ask for is consistency and honesty. Think the game was well reffed today like Storm stated above.