Cornwall Football Forum

Bad day for United

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, but you can offer them mega wages. If you listened to Lou Macari on the radio at the weekend, he said that if anyone thinks players will not sign for a club due to them not being in the CL, then they are a fool. And Rooney is his proof. Money is a bigger pull than anything else. I think he has a point.

Anyway, long may this embarrassing shambles of a Championship winning side disintegrate before our eyes. Very pleasurable. Very pleasurable indeed.

Macari is the kind of tunnel visioned, willfully blind bigot who gets football supporters a bad name, and once again he is whistling through his hat (to put it politely). Football is a short career, and the opportunity to perform at the very highest level is even shorter. A whole season, or possibly longer, without Champions League involvement would make most leading players think very carefully before joining United. It will be difficult for them to achieve their transfer targets in this situation, and so the stakes for the remainder of this season are very high indeed. Their only real hope would be to unearth a gem who has somehow been overlooked by everyone else, as City did with Negredo.

As for the Rooney deal, this has the whiff of desperation about it. Although he is still an excellent player when he is on form, he is already not as good as he was two or three years ago. With his inability to shake off his smoking habit it is likely that, by the time he hits 34, he will be ready for a spell in Rochdale's reseve team, On the bench.

I'm very glad indeed that City have not committed themselves to such a risky and expensive long term deal. Much rather them than us!

• 3 weeks later...

Good win for Liverpool today. Not seen that yet, so will look forward to MOTD2. Sounds like a cracker. I wanted Liverpool to win it, someone asked me yesterday if a United win would be better for Arsenal? I said "no" as I do not believe that Arsenal will get to win the PL, so helping to kill-off United's chance to get into Europe is better! Oh how the mighty are falling! Out of a starting list of 1) winning the PL, 2) winning the CL, 3) winning the FA Cup, 4) winning the League Cup and 5) finishing in the Top 4 of the PL, United are left with option 2) winning the CL.

Good luck with that!!

Liverpool outclassed utd all over the park today ,best team won ,Rooney and van Persie not worth the money or hype ,utd midfield out thought and out fought , could and should have been more ,what a season for the scousers and Chelsea dropping points ,gunners winning , city with games in hand as well interesting run in

In actual fact, even though it would be tremendously satisfying to watch Olympiakos beat United this evening, or even lose 1 nil and still qualify at United's expense, some of me wants United to get through this tie just to see how they get on against one of the bigger teams over 2 legs. I doubt that Real Madrid, Barcelona, Altetico Madrid, Bayern Munich or Paris SG would be quaking in their boots to get United in the Quarter Finals.

Yes we are out well done Roy glad you. Are up to date on our season , good ole Rvp he gets you out the manure suppose now he is the second coming , the mighty utd hanging on in champs league good luck in the next round as this is that's all that's left this season

rob probably utd worst team for years but they know how to play the champs league over 2 legs , the gunners dont they always when it comes to the knock out stage they seem to **** up home advantage , could be mental block or in truth not a good enough team to make final and as i have stated previously still along way from winning this cup , getting closer to prem league challenge but as all footie fans know we are short on real world class players can we attract them ? thats another matter

I reckon City are looking at 3 points at Arsenal on Saturday too. All the talk of United "turning things around" in the last 2 games were premature in my opinion. Beating Olympiakos at home 3 nil and West Ham away 2 nil are not wholly surprising results. OK, United are struggling this year, but still a good team, and better than mediocre teams they just beat. Man City are a very good team, hence their relative easy victory over United last night (not that surprising). Arsenal are a good team, struggling with injuries and now confidence. They are there for the taking, and Man City are keeping the pressure on Chelsea for sure.

I reckon City are looking at 3 points at Arsenal on Saturday too. All the talk of United "turning things around" in the last 2 games were premature in my opinion. Beating Olympiakos at home 3 nil and West Ham away 2 nil are not wholly surprising results. OK, United are struggling this year, but still a good team, and better than mediocre teams they just beat. Man City are a very good team, hence their relative easy victory over United last night (not that surprising). Arsenal are a good team, struggling with injuries and now confidence. They are there for the taking, and Man City are keeping the pressure on Chelsea for sure.

Obviously, I hope you are right about that prediction, but I'm not counting any chickens yet (City fans very rarely do).

At the end of the day, City's title hopes are in their own hands. We need to win all of our remaining games, or at least eight out of the nine, to be certain of finishing on top.

If we can start with a win at the Emirates on Saturday then I reckon I'll be celebrating long into the night at the Old Plough!

• 4 weeks later...

Hockaday from Forest Green is still available. And even though he is a Liverpool fan, appointing Matt Harris to replace Moyes

would send the right message to the New York Stock Exchange, Manchester United's real bosses.

I think St Day might be prepared to let him go for the right price !

Bah, capitalist class enemies. Rather have the good old honest Russian mafia any day, yo. Proper job !

I see the United supporters are out in force sticking up for their club.....oh.......wait a minute.......

What a complete mess they have made of getting rid of Moyes, a man who held himself with complete dignity throughout the toughest time he has probably had in management. Talk about being stabbed in the back. It doesn't matter what they say about what happened, they cocked it up big time. Disgraceful.

You gotta love it

One game with Giggs in charge and everything's right with the world- MUFC are back one banner said !

Norwich were an embarrassment - Absolutely pitiful with all the backbone of a slowworm

Lets hope they give him the job permanently in their new found euphoria - See how good he is when the real teams arrive

Agreed. Before the game even started, Norwich were equipped with the worst away league form of all clubs this season. All they did was to live up to that billing. United of course were awesome, blowing them away with their new leader in charge. A 100% record and obviously they're back!! Ha ha. Dream on. Giggs will never get that job, and if he does, brilliant. But I'm sure United are not that silly!

I know that professional football is probably the most cynical profession of all, where self preservation and self interest comes above everything.

Even so I just looked on the Daily Mail website and there is a video clip of Ryan Giggs " paying tribute " to David Moyes ! ( There is honestly )

The blokes got more sides than a threepenny bit

He hated him from the start, stabbed him in the back at every opportunity,then took his job without so much as a backward glance - And he has the brass neck to pay Moyes " a Tribute "

Giggs and Man U - God they deserve each other

You gotta love it

One game with Giggs in charge and everything's right with the world- MUFC are back one banner said !

Norwich were an embarrassment - Absolutely pitiful with all the backbone of a slowworm

Lets hope they give him the job permanently in their new found euphoria - See how good he is when the real teams arrive

Oh, I don't know, I wouldn't mind too much if they give it to that Dutch bloke all the press are busy bigging up at the moment. Van der Valk, or Van der Graaf Generator, or whatever he's called.

His heyday in club management was in the 1990's and he's never coached in England before.

What could possibly go wrong?

• 2 weeks later...

I know that professional football is probably the most cynical profession of all, where self preservation and self interest comes above everything.

Even so I just looked on the Daily Mail website and there is a video clip of Ryan Giggs " paying tribute " to David Moyes ! ( There is honestly )

The blokes got more sides than a threepenny bit

He hated him from the start, stabbed him in the back at every opportunity,then took his job without so much as a backward glance - And he has the brass neck to pay Moyes " a Tribute "

Giggs and Man U - God they deserve each other

we all know what he is like if you can manure on your own brother he has no morals or scruples , so should be great for football management

For utd fans this has been a bad season ,is it blip? The new manager has a lot of old players to replace , giggs ,evra , Ferdinand , vidiic carrick van purse strings , lots of money needed which should not be a problem , but no euro spot maybe an issue ? It's going to be a long preseason , at least the media will be able to fill theiri back pages

For utd fans this has been a bad season ,is it blip? The new manager has a lot of old players to replace , giggs ,evra , Ferdinand , vidiic carrick van purse strings , lots of money needed which should not be a problem , but no euro spot maybe an issue ? It's going to be a long preseason , at least the media will be able to fill theiri back pages

I think that not having the distraction of travelling in to Europe mid week may work in our favour,although the financial part of it is a big loss, the new manager will be able to apply all of his effort into retaining the prem. Look at the scumsers this season!