Cornwall Football Forum

Bad day for United

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not even close to being the player he himself once was.

A fading force, if ever there was one.

[/quoteFading force?? Not sure about that, he could make most teams. Why would chelsea want him?

I'm not denying that he's still a very good player when he's on form, but I do believe that he is not as good as he has been in the past.

Rooney used to be one of the most brilliant players on the planet. For several years he was arguably the world's number one. Could you honestly say that about him now?

"The successful David Moyes"

haha, 10 years at Everton without a trophy and he's deemed as successful. He's spent £70m on the Champions squad and has them playing like they have no idea. 84 crosses today, surely after 20 without a goal he'd have thought "ok, thats not working". He's clueless, he was shite at Everton and he's worse at a club like Utd.

Give him 10 years there!

Mata hasn't had much of an impact. Huge amount of money to spend on one player in an attempt to finish fourth. Where is Fellaini? It's getting late in the day now for United to mount a serious top four challenge. It will be tough enough trying to qualify for the Europa at this rate.

I don't know why everyone has got such a downer on United today. It was a gritty display, they certainly put in a shift, and they thoroughly deserved the point that they battled so hard to gain.

A few more performances like that and they won't have to worry about slipping into a relegation dogfight, that's for sure. Not for now, at least.

:D:D:D

United, The Champions, slip further behind a European place. Had to beat Arsenal - failed. Dear oh dear. Spurs and Liverpool both get maximum points away from home. United potentially out of European football next season. Wow........

It aint done liverpool any harm this season not being in Europe. Plus point, Arsenal aint beaten a poor united team this season! Where was Ozil? Another poor performance,by united and arsenal.

Hold your horses, I see Woodward has said that £150M to £200M will be made available for transfers this summer as Man Utd look to rebuild. That's a lot of money.

Remains

Rumours about at Tottenham are,Moyes is after Vertonghen and Dembele.

Spurs have reacted by offering Vertonghen a £20,000 pw pay rise.

Remains to be seen, i fancy its a smoke screen to subdue the supporters. There will be a few quid, but not £150 million.We will probably buy some donkey that has a decent world cup and turns out to be crap!

Hold your horses, I see Woodward has said that £150M to £200M will be made available for transfers this summer as Man Utd look to rebuild. That's a lot of money.

Rumours about at Tottenham are,Moyes is after Vertonghen and Dembele.

Spurs have reacted by offering Vertonghen a £20,000 pw pay rise.Well Mr SSS, with your track record of insider information accuracy, this'll never happen.

rob very suprised with how negative utd were at the emirates the other night , as in the past they would not have played like this a lack of confidence seems to be running through the team at present , but beware i think this is only a blip this season

I agree steve, we have forgotten how to win. We cant get the ball forward quick enough, always side ways or backwards. But we did keep a clean sheet.

The Premeirship is meant to be the best in the world.

Man City,Goons and Mancs,all on their way out.

Whats the excuse.?????????????

No excuses are needed. Stuff happens, that's all. Next season will probably be a different story.

I'll be surprised if David Moyes is still around to take part in it, though. United were under the cosh all evening against a team who, although quite good, are hardly among the best in Europe. It looks as if he isn't going to get to grips with his present job.

Not that I'm complaining, of course. Long may it continue!

:thumbsup::yahoo::drink:

United are gone, they have no drive going forward. Moyes has got them playing sideways and backwards,im not even sure he is tactically savvy. Smalling,young, cleverly are all short of the quality to fill the united shirt,let alone england.

As Keano said last night, we are about 6 players short of a decent team,but i cant see them signing the calibre of player required if we cant offer champions league football.

Yes, but you can offer them mega wages. If you listened to Lou Macari on the radio at the weekend, he said that if anyone thinks players will not sign for a club due to them not being in the CL, then they are a fool. And Rooney is his proof. Money is a bigger pull than anything else. I think he has a point.

Anyway, long may this embarrassing shambles of a Championship winning side disintegrate before our eyes. Very pleasurable. Very pleasurable indeed.

Yes, but you can offer them mega wages. If you listened to Lou Macari on the radio at the weekend, he said that if anyone thinks players will not sign for a club due to them not being in the CL, then they are a fool. And Rooney is his proof. Money is a bigger pull than anything else. I think he has a point.

Anyway, long may this embarrassing shambles of a Championship winning side disintegrate before our eyes. Very pleasurable. Very pleasurable indeed.

Arsenal can only aspire to be a club like United!

This "mini break" has come at the right time for United. They can regroup. The performance yesterday showed the pressure that they are under, and the total lack of confidence they presently have. They are not bad players, but they are hideously under performing. Moyes somehow has to reinstall their belief.

Having said that, Smalling is not great, Ferdinand well past sell by, and the list goes on....

Yes, but you can offer them mega wages. If you listened to Lou Macari on the radio at the weekend, he said that if anyone thinks players will not sign for a club due to them not being in the CL, then they are a fool. And Rooney is his proof. Money is a bigger pull than anything else. I think he has a point. Anyway, long may this embarrassing shambles of a Championship winning side disintegrate before our eyes. Very pleasurable. Very pleasurable indeed.

Arsenal can only aspire to be a club like United!no chance would not want the debt

Get keane on the coaching staff i say, shake them up a bit!

wont happen as he would cause to many injuries in the 5 a side as he is a winner love him or loathe him utd through and through , utd problem is not up front but defence and midfield some past their best some not putting the effort in for moyes it's always the manager that gets the stick not players ,at present the fear factor has gone and teams are prepared to have a go at them ,as when utd came to the emirates they came for the point not three very unlike utd utd teams of old would take the game by the scruff and dictate the play . But we would all be foolish to laugh at their demise yet ,yes I think this season is a blip to many changes behind the scenes it will take time for moyes to put his stamp on the club

Ummmmm, you forgot about FC Dnipro and their wonderful result last Thursday! HA ha haaaaa.

If you want to add the so called Micky Mouse Cup as well.

Spurs and Swansea also fail to win.

Another fact,not one goal scored by an English club.

Maybe Chelsea will change that tonight.

Not one victory from a English club.

A least Chelsea scored a goal.