Cornwall Football Forum

Cornwall Senior Cup Preliminary Round Results Saturday 21st September

any match report from the hayle v millbrook game had to miss it due to bug ,[ that will please some] maybe scottyblade can put one on

i went over to watch this steve, first 40 mins hayle really dominated the pitch. playing greatfootball and the young lads really playing the ball around well. millbrook banging long balls between the two centre halfs seemed to be the only way to unfold the hayle defence as theyre right winger was far too quick for shane the hayle left back. the two goals they scored were much the same although once they scored theyre general performance raised. hayle deserved the win or at least the extra time an pens to battle it out. only two subs for hayle though and for a team without a manager alex certainly made an impact before his departure.

hope you get the right man for the job.

sure a great club like hayle with their set-up will find someone, however didnt think alex was doing a bad job did he leave or was he got rid of? i am sure their will be a few managers who would fancy that challenge as their is a lot of youngsters with great potential

fair enough Gossip man. I did not see the match so I can not comment on his performance. The point I was making is that it is possible to get carded even if there was not a bad challenge in the game. Some cards are mandatory and us refs have no choice but to dish the card out. 7 cards does sound like a lot to me but that does not necessarily mean the ref was wrong.

If he was being assessed then that could be why he used the cards. We do loose marks if do not use cards when we are meant to whether or not we want to or not.

Was he technically correct with the cards?

any match report from the hayle v millbrook game had to miss it due to bug ,[ that will please some] maybe scottyblade can put one on

i went over to watch this steve, first 40 mins hayle really dominated the pitch. playing greatfootball and the young lads really playing the ball around well. millbrook banging long balls between the two centre halfs seemed to be the only way to unfold the hayle defence as theyre right winger was far too quick for shane the hayle left back. the two goals they scored were much the same although once they scored theyre general performance raised. hayle deserved the win or at least the extra time an pens to battle it out. only two subs for hayle though and for a team without a manager alex certainly made an impact before his departure.

hope you get the right man for the job.

sure a great club like hayle with their set-up will find someone, however didnt think alex was doing a bad job did he leave or was he got rid of? i am sure their will be a few managers who would fancy that challenge as their is a lot of youngsters with great potential

alex was doing a great job, not sure of the technicalities on his departure but what i do know is, his heart was in it and he did what he could with what he had available. think this 35 day ruling with players has alot of teams struggling for players this season. i for one hope it gets reviewed amended or even binned.

thanks for the update on sats game sorry i wasnt there to see can any one can let me know line up scorer for us ? alex reasons for stepping down are his own and the gent he is he keeps his council to himself,and thanks for the kind words for Hayle afc it is most appreciated alex a great bloke and always welcolme at the club for all his hardwork as player and manager and supporter of hayle afc

Decent game Stevieb. Definatly didn't miss you... Had a decent linesman for a change... Haha only joking. Deserved the draw, and what follows. Was good to see Alex make a apperence to watch. Hopefully new manager announced soon, he gave a half time team talk for this game and it was straight talking, no bull**it talking and definatly worked a treat as at 2-0 down at half time, hayle came out all guns blazing and should of definatly scored a few more. Young lads working hard for each other and things are looking good for hayle, just got to keep pushing forward.

St day 5 v 1 st Dominick

Overall a fair result . St day play good football and in there striker Gavin they have a great asset . He was the difference between the teams in the end , his running across the back for and general play was 1st class . Can see why st day are up the top end of there league well organised and play for eachother . Must say 1st time I have ever been kissed in a game though new one on me .

After the game I can honestly say it was the best hospitality I have ever had we were bought 2 jugs of beer I was bought a beer by the training coach and we even had a laugh doing a drinking game which we lost . The banter was class and everyone at the club was welcoming and a good laugh .

Wish st day all the best in the next round and with the league .

Thank you for a great day

Thank you JayJay21 for the report. Great game of football from what i saw and taking to people throughout the game. Perter G had a good game in charge as normal and there weren't many other talking points.

That's the great thing about the senior cup,playing teams that you wouldnt normally play and hosting them before and after the game in the clubhouse. Thanks for the great comments glad you enjoyed the beer and the banter.

Good luck for the rest of the season from all at St Day AFC.

Decent game Stevieb. Definatly didn't miss you... Had a decent linesman for a change... Haha only joking. Deserved the draw, and what follows. Was good to see Alex make a apperence to watch. Hopefully new manager announced soon, he gave a half time team talk for this game and it was straight talking, no bull**it talking and definatly worked a treat as at 2-0 down at half time, hayle came out all guns blazing and should of definatly scored a few more. Young lads working hard for each other and things are looking good for hayle, just got to keep pushing forward.

thanks scotty glad you missed me [not] any chance on team and scorer for us cheers

Well it is now Monday evening and I am still aching from my first 90 minutes in since retiring 4 years ago. With the RN Inter Command Championships on the same weekend as the Senior Cup we went to Mevagissey with a dozen players missing. This meant a start for a couple of old farts. Apart from the scoreline I enjoyed every minute, the banter, the crowd and the opposition........Just not enjoying it so much today haha! the best side obviously won on the day and a great set up at Mevagissey. NAC Vets game Saturday and then the boots go back into storage.