Cornwall Football Forum

EngLands ranking in world football

stevieb

Brianmoreshead mentioned 3 sports (in his This Sporting Life thread) each affected by SKY's involvement, RUGBY, FOOTBALL and CRICKET, with most other sports success is gained often without the "trumpets of triumph" there are more people competing at all levels than ever before, as such it is harder to become out and out winners.

TOO MUCH EASY MONEY in the three sports named without the effort.

The effort needed to become a Wimbledon champion makes me wince just thinking of the pain barrier they must go through to be fit enough to sustain hours of play one on one.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Why a long way off. Don't you see the younger players we have coming into the squad? They haven't been fully blooded yet as fully seasoned internationals. Their experience in Brazil will have helped them. I believe we have a good young squad, and a good manager that will even give us a chance at the Euros in 2 years time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It was dire - again ! Unfortunately even though I know what it's going to be like, I still watch

I can't help it I suppose. I'm drawn to it like a moth to a flame

No point in even moaning about it anymore - The only way is downhill from now on

We used to have a team that were regular quarter finalists at tournaments but I fear that even that moderate level of achievement is beyond us now

One thing somebody could help me with - When Chambers was coming on as sub, a Beckham look alike, full of piss and importance was showing Chambers pictures in a book !

What are the pictures of ?

My old man reckons it's a series of instructions for free kicks and it tells Chambers where he has to position himself dependant on free kick in from right / left etc

Please someone tell me he's wrong and it's actually an Aston Martin catalogue

If we have to show pictures of how to defend to the worlds most expensive teenage defend then its surely all over. Are his defensive partners mute ?

Can you imagine anyone showing Bobby Moore a book of defensive positions

The mind boggles

• 2 weeks later...