Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny results 7th September

Division 5

Storm res 1-1 Madron Res

We (madron) arrived with 10 players and missed a last minute penalty to win the game.

We should have won the game and won by a decent margin as we had so many chances but failed to score more and the storm keeper made 3 really good saves to keep them in the game.

Im very proud of the effort we put in :)

ran the line on this one. felt sorry for madron when they turned up with just 10, but they played some really good football and we (storm) were very lucky to get a point out of this game. they tested the storm back 4 time after time in the first half but storm holdin a good line. we missed a good few chances in the first half but finally scored from tom taylor.

second half they pushed and played good football and got the goal they deserved. some excellent saves from both keepers and looking forward to the return leg and hopefully will be back in goal.

Chacewater reserves 9-1mawnan reserves

Well refereed.good clean game,good start for both Chace teams this year.chacewate keeper age 16 scored direct from his hands on full debut..we started slow and went one down from a cracking Finish but dominated from their on in.

Cheers and good luck to mawnan for rest of season.nice bunch as always,nice to awesome old faces.

Coyc

Final score was in fact 9-1 not 5-1 as shown on thefa.com .

Credit to Mawnan who caused problems early on by going 1-0 up with a cracking 20 yard strike, but a bizarre goal from 16 year old keeper Jason Gribble straight from hands on goal kick got us level, which in 30 years of playing I've never seen. Chacewater never looked back after the equaliser being 4-1 up at half time, and eventual 9-1 winners. Good to see Andy Anear and Greg Renfree still plying there trade with enthusiasm still and never giving up.

Best of luck to Mawnan for the rest of the season great bunch of lads.

Division 5

Storm res 1-1 Madron Res

We (madron) arrived with 10 players and missed a last minute penalty to win the game.

We should have won the game and won by a decent margin as we had so many chances but failed to score more and the storm keeper made 3 really good saves to keep them in the game.

Im very proud of the effort we put in :)

ran the line on this one. felt sorry for madron when they turned up with just 10, but they played some really good football and we (storm) were very lucky to get a point out of this game. they tested the storm back 4 time after time in the first half but storm holdin a good line. we missed a good few chances in the first half but finally scored from tom taylor.

second half they pushed and played good football and got the goal they deserved. some excellent saves from both keepers and looking forward to the return leg and hopefully will be back in goal.

Turning up with 10 men today spurred us on to go out and perform well.Thought we played some really good football at times and defended well.Both sides had lots of chances but we felt we had created more of the better ones and were disappointed to not take all 3 points,especially missing a last minute penalty.Thanks Slimbob for running the line,very good of you mate.See you all soon when we meet in the cup. Mark

Div 5 mabe 21 redruth ath res 2

Mabe played class football and started the game wanting to get goals,after 15 mins mabe was 4-0 up,redruth was abit shocked and sat back and let us play with any real pressure,but manage to get a goal before half time making 12-1 to us . They came out after the break looking alot better and put the pressure on us but the damage had been done mabe finished up 21-2 . I think after a few more games redruth will be fine and will get sorted good bunch of lads best of luck for the season .

DIV 5

NEWLYN LIONS. 2-4. ST.ERME

Sorry no Goalscorers, report etc, out for 5 weeks with me dodgy knee ligaments injured v Storm in the week. Not the best watcher of my own team so watched St.Blazey in the vase on my doorstep instead. Well done to the lads on a good away win and in particular Els Jolly who notched all 4 goals!!! Great stuff bud. :-) get my tracksuit ready for next month!!!

Good game and very close! Els took his chances well and our new keeper Lee and our defence did a great job keeping Newlyn at bay. Sorry I couldn't make it back to your pub after the game but I had to get back this time. Great bunch of lads at Newlyn and sure you'll do well this season. I think Div 5 will be very close this season and all the teams will take points of each other. Sure the bottom teams will improve as teams sort themselves out as more players become available who can't get games with their present clubs.

Trelawny 2

Storm 2 (2) Culdrose 0 (0)

Kellow x 2

A clean sheet seems to be a rare thing in Junior football, particularly when it comes to a Storm side who, until yesterday, had managed just 5 clean sheets in my two and a half seasons at the helm. However some staunch, if sometimes desperate defending, backed by some good keeper handling and saves was the order of the day for both sides.

The opening 20 minutes were fairly even with both teams working hard to cancel each other out and mainly reduced to taking shots from range which both keepers dealt with effectively. A freekick was awarded after David Mitchell was brought down following a mazy run right on the edge of the penalty area however the resulting kick was smashed in to the wall. After this I felt Storm created the better chances, with Kellow opening the scoring, slotting home from a tight angle and doubling our advantage with a composed finish on his left peg after a missed clearance allowed him through to curl a shot around the keeper.

With 5 mins of the half to go, we seemed to stop playing allowing the airmen to dominate midfield, cause slips in our defensive line and have two or three great chances to give themselves a boost ahead of the whistle, however a smart save from Adam Lockwood from a one on one and some woeful finishing meant we retained our two goal advantage at the break.

The second half saw Culdrose come out fired up and their centre half pushed up to provide a more physical threat up front. Whilst Culdrose had the better of possession, we looked dangerous on the counter. Despite having more control of the football, Culdrose were unable to create little in the way of a threat in the second half as any attempts at penetrating our defensive line were mopped up by James Chilman and Jason Penna at the heart of our defence. As the half wore on, Culdrose pushed more and our chances to counter increased with Sam Charlton seeing one of several fierce long range drives tipped on to the bar and David Mitchell and Aaron Hill have a couple of chances go begging.

Then came the biggest talking point of the match. Kellow, one on one in the area, on a hat trick, jinked one way and then the other and was then taken clean out...... by himself. Inexplicably smashing the ball with his felt foot against his standing leg caused him to go down like a sack of s!&£. Cries of "Penalty" and "could have killed him ref" drew nothing but laughter from the ref, Alan Howells, who had a great game.

Needless to say, the rest of the game saw more of defences on top but mostly without incident. Culdrose had a good side and game was played in great spirits. Thanks to the Airmen for coming back to the pub too, sorry you guys had to shoot off before the food came out. Look forward to the return leg.

As for us, a very tough trip to Pendeen next week.

Pendeen 4 v 0 Mullion

Mullion started the game better than us it took us a bit of time to get into the game,Mullion had a few early chances while I think we were still warming up but when we did get going and started knocking the ball around mullion struggled to compete with us.Eventually we took the lead by our inform striker gary prowse cooly slotting the ball past the young mullion keeper we then had a few more chances from open play and corners but the mullion keeper kept them in the game with some great chances,Mullion did have a few chances to equalise one chance really sticks out lad was 3 yards out with open goal but some how managed to sky it to our relief.

After half time we were on top of the game from kick off creating a lot of chances but the mullion keeper kept our chump of the day Christian whitaker out for most of the game until a bit later when Christian eventually got it right and put his goal away well by this time think mullions heads had dropped and we dominated the rest of the game scoring another 2 goals Luke may again slotting away his pen and gary popping up again with another goal.Thanks to mullion for game played in good spirit.

Great performance again by our lads continuing the form in this new league.

Pendeen mom Shane Williams

Ref in question re:West Cornwall v Mousehole made some odd decisions. Stopped play for a sub after the WC keeper caught a free kick played into the box, ball wasn't dead, he just shouted stop and went through with the sub. Blew up for ht when we were just about to score. Then Mouseholes 3rd goal was miles offside, lino flagged early and kept his flag up, he went with every lino decision all game, but gave the goal anyway. Apart from that he did ok to be fair. Just a few odd ones!!

Falmouth Town 6-1 Newbridge Athletic

Jonathan Wright

Not our best performance so far and not the time to have an off day against a very good Falmouth Town side. Carrying a few injuries and a few lads out made this fixture very difficult but the whole team battled hard till the end.

Falmouth Town started well with Newbridge still in the changing room and struggling to contain Falmouth Town's counter attacking style. A good first strike was well saved by Newbridge keeper Aaron Jones. This continued throughout the match, Falmouth scored 3 quick goals with some good finishing. Newbridge picked up their game a bit when 3-0 down but Falmouth Town continued their good form testing Aaron with a lot of chances but Aaron kept them at bay with some excellent saves. Half Time 3-0.

Second half was much brighter for Newbridge and started the second half much better than we did the first. Newbridge pulled a goal back from an excellent free kick from Jonathan Wright. Confidence grew for Newbridge and they continued to press on to get ourselves back in the game. Another counter attack from Falmouth made the game 4-1. A head injury for one of the Newbridge Players stopped time for a bit but play soon continued with Falmouth picking up where they left off with another two good goals. Newbridge kept battling and were unlucky not to get two goals back after hitting the post and then the bar with two good shots.

Certainly have had better games but Falmouth deserved the win and will definatly be competing for the title at the end of the season.

Man of the Match: Aaron Jones for an excellent performance in goal despite conceeding 6 as it could of been alot more.

In fairness to titans having a player sent off for swearing put urself in the refs shoes he gives up his Saturday to ref u and u have a player shouting abuse. Comes down to respect. Titans lads show dave respect so why dont they show refs the same respect. Refs give up time to ref games and player insult them then complain bout red cards. Titans play great football so why ruin it with bad attitudes. Players who get sent off let themselves, their managers, their team mates and club down so just accept the booking and learn to show some respect. If I was marsksy id kick the lads ass who was sent off lol....

Ref in question re:West Cornwall v Mousehole made some odd decisions. Stopped play for a sub after the WC keeper caught a free kick played into the box, ball wasn't dead, he just shouted stop and went through with the sub. Blew up for ht when we were just about to score. Then Mouseholes 3rd goal was miles offside, lino flagged early and kept his flag up, he went with every lino decision all game, but gave the goal anyway. Apart from that he did ok to be fair. Just a few odd ones!!

Stop blaming the ref game is 45 mins if it was the other way and ref played on n u conceded ud b complaining about that. No wonder there is a ref shortage with everyone complaining n slagging refs off. Refs will make mistakes they r human after all.

Cbfc, like I said, a few odd decisions that both sides would agree were strange, and as I said, apart from that he was ok. That's hardly slagging him off!! And when I said we were about to score I mean literally his next touch was a shot he was that close. I've never seen a ref blow up in that situation before. If I said he was terrible all game I could understand you saying I'm slagging him off but I didn't! Chill son!!

cbfc appreciate the kind words but we never had anyone off it was Rosudgeon, perhaps frustration on there part as it was a clean game of football on a warm day. We were annoyed to of not won the game but with 10 left and Rosudgeon down to 10 i know they would of felt the same. If it was in the ring we would have won by knockout in the first half , second half was even so the points literally were shared. :)

Cbfc, like I said, a few odd decisions that both sides would agree were strange, and as I said, apart from that he was ok. That's hardly slagging him off!! And when I said we were about to score I mean literally his next touch was a shot he was that close. I've never seen a ref blow up in that situation before. If I said he was terrible all game I could understand you saying I'm slagging him off but I didn't! Chill son!!

No I mean in general team blaming refs for the team not winning. Not aimed at u in a bad way like. that but put ur in their shoes ref done the right think ur player shud av shot sooner eh ;-)

I see where you're coming from! I don't think I've ever blamed a ref for losing a game, if we are crap I'll say it as it is! No ref makes a mistake on purpose, same as any player. This was just one of those games where a couple of times he left 22 players baffled, even joking with each other about it. I never intended it to sound derogatory, more in jest than anything. I've never conducted myself poorly towards any ref on a matchday as far as I'm aware. I appreciate the difficult job they have. One thing I will say is I think a few of our lads could have conducted themselves better on Saturday, a lot was down to frustration at the time but, and for that I apologise to the ref and opposition on their behalf! I wasn't involved as I snuck off for a crafty half time fag!!

to be fair the ref said 30 seconds to go, when Mousehole took there freekick, and the person that you passed the ball to was offside and misscontrolled it which may have been a reason why you didnt score in the first place! and the ref told you that at half time as well, he clearly stated 30 seconds to go before the freekick..... Still didnt matter you scored 7 second half goals hehe

I see where you're coming from! I don't think I've ever blamed a ref for losing a game, if we are crap I'll say it as it is! No ref makes a mistake on purpose, same as any player. This was just one of those games where a couple of times he left 22 players baffled, even joking with each other about it. I never intended it to sound derogatory, more in jest than anything. I've never conducted myself poorly towards any ref on a matchday as far as I'm aware. I appreciate the difficult job they have. One thing I will say is I think a few of our lads could have conducted themselves better on Saturday, a lot was down to frustration at the time but, and for that I apologise to the ref and opposition on their behalf! I wasn't involved as I snuck off for a crafty half time fag!!

Haha fair enough pal. Do u know a lad called andrew Alston he put in a transfer from Camborne athletic to u well its all confirmed he has left us to join ur res. Good lad with alot of potential.

In fairness to titans having a player sent off for swearing put urself in the refs shoes he gives up his Saturday to ref u and u have a player shouting abuse. Comes down to respect. Titans lads show dave respect so why dont they show refs the same respect. Refs give up time to ref games and player insult them then complain bout red cards. Titans play great football so why ruin it with bad attitudes. Players who get sent off let themselves, their managers, their team mates and club down so just accept the booking and learn to show some respect. If I was marsksy id kick the lads ass who was sent off lol....

He didnt swear AT the ref.

Just for interest, you do not have to use foul/abusive or offensive language at the referee, just the use of it can result in a red card.

Exactly iv bin sent off for missing a goal in extra time of a cup game shouted f--kin hell or sumit n the ref showed straight red I hadn't bin spoken too about swearing or anything he was in his rights to doit he said to me after he doesn't like bad language n his wife n kids was watching.

Just for interest, you do not have to use foul/abusive or offensive language at the referee, just the use of it can result in a red card.

I understand that, its the inconsistancy that is the problem.You cant tell me that the ref never heard one more swear word before or after the sending off?? Even the spectators use industrial language. Im not agreeing with swearing, far from it.

If this was to happen no game would ever be completed

My point exactly timbo, he has either got to send every person, whether it be a player or spectator off if they use foul or abusive language!!

most refs will tell you how there style is before the game ie most will tell you that any shit = red cards!!!! good on them althought everyone is prone to the odd swear word if it means to motivate there team

its upo top the ref then to determine which is meant in hate and which is meant in a foul attempt to motivate a team!

All I am doing is pointing out the Law, how the referee enforces that is his choice.

If its the law, then it should be enforced at all times. Not when or if the ref chooses.

My dad was a ref for nearly 20 years. Ive played the game all my life, and understand how frustrating things can be at times.

I could and would completely understand if this player swore blatantly at the ref, no excuse for that, but i know this lad, and he is not that type of young man.

most refs will tell you how there style is before the game ie most will tell you that any shit = red cards!!!! good on them althought everyone is prone to the odd swear word if it means to motivate there team

its upo top the ref then to determine which is meant in hate and which is meant in a foul attempt to motivate a team!

I agree, but if a ref lets motivational swearing go and then punishes a player for swearing in frustration, how can he justify that??

Its the same with people coming up jostling and arguing with refs, why dont they flash a card and make a stance, do they get more respect for keeping players on the pitch and continue to get harassed or apply the law and gain respect by being a no nonsense ref?