Cornwall Football Forum

Mining 1 results Sept 1st

Guest sweeper

Guest sweeper

Gwinear Churchtown 2 Portreath 7 ( Andy Cowper 3 Duane Britten 2 Ryan Treloar 2 )

Gwinear went into an early two nil lead and pushed Portreath hard in every area of the pitch.

Portreath pulled it back to 2 - 2 by half time and in the second half when Gwinear seemed to tire they

took control of the game and scored five more.

Gwinear played with a lot of spirit and determination and were certainly no push over.

The game was a well contested one with no quarter given or taken, but never the less played in the right spirit, the ref had very little to do, but had a good game, playing advantages where he could and did not have to produce any cards.

Good luck to Gwinear for the rest of the season.

MINING DIV 1.

Gwinear 2, Portreath 7.

Halsetown 3, Holmans 4.

Redruth 1, Trevenson 3.

St Ives 0, Troon 2.

Spice of Life 7, Robartes 2.

Storm 2, Gulval 2.

Threemilestone 3, Illogan 0. :thumbsup:

DIV 2.

Illogan v Four Lanes - OFF - no ref.

mt Ambrose 1, St Buryan 6.

New Park Rangers 6, Marazion 2.

Newlyn v Goonhavern OFF - Goonhavern unable to raise a side.

St Agnes 1, Madron 3.

Sennen v Halsetown - OFF - no ref

Trispen 1, Mousehole 2.

DIV 3.

Newlyn 2, Chacewater 8.

Pendeen v Storm - OFF - no ref.

St Buryan 4, Redruth 3.

St Ives Mar. 3, Threemilestone 2.

Wendron 4, Gulval 2.

Titans 2, Crown Inn Glory 4.

Troon v Portreath - OFF - Troon unable to raise a side.

Gulval's goals V Storm from Richard James and Jack Eckley both Reserve team players last year (4 of the 11 were in my Reserve team last year.)

Gulval Reserves scorers Josh Keast and Ben Harvey both debut goals!

Funny thing about the Reserve team game was the Wendron boys did not know each others names. Many shouts of oi Striker or Oi you on the left.

I guess they picked up a few last minute signings!

Guest Football Monkey

Anyone know the following results?

Mining 2

Illogan v Four lanes

Sennen v Halsetown

Mining 3

Pendeen v Storm

Titans v Cronw Inn Glory

I thought it was Newlyn v Goonhavern and NPR v Marazion?

Any results for these two as well, or was it NPR v Goonhavern?

Storm - Praze 1

Redruth Utd 2 (result from Wednesday)

Redruth Utd 1

Trevenson 3

Redruth Utd Reserves 3

St Buryan Reserves 4

There were mixed fortunes for Redruth United in their first ever games in Mining League 1.

Last Wednesday, Redruth pulled off a shock victory away at fancied Storm – Praze. The home side started quicker and Redruth took a full 30 minutes to settle into the game, by when they were already a goal down. However, a strike from new signing Aaron Brokenshire brought Redruth level in the first half. In the second half, Redruth were the better team, with a number of chances created, without a killer touch. Richard Ward came on for them with 15 mins remaining and it was he who sealed a Redruth victory with a strike 10 mins from time. Man of the match was Ryan Baber.

On Saturday, Redruth again found themselves 1-0 down to an early Trevenson goal but fought back on 30 minutes after Jerry Ede’s drilled ball into the box from the left hand side was poked in by Andrew Symons.

However, 25 minutes into the second half, Redruth found themselves down to 10 men – they managed to stem the tide for 15 minutes but Trevenson knocked in a 2nd goal, and sealed victory with 5 minutes remaining with their 3rd. Man of the match for Redruth was Aaron Brokenshire.

Equally, Redruth United Reserves, after a promising pre-season campaign, endured an unfortunate 4-3 defeat at St Buryan, after leading 3-1. Redruth even felt they should have earned a share of the points with 80 seconds remaining but a perfectly good goal from Guy Johnson was bizarrely ruled as offside. Goalscorers were Johnson, Richard Ward and Jake Williams. Man of the match – Guy Johnson.

Football monkey, ive edited my original post adding the other games and altering the NPR game. :c:

Here's the results you were after mid week

TUES 28TH

DIV2

Halsetown 5, Newlyn 1.

Mousehole v Sennen - OFF - Sennen unable to raise a side.

DIV 3.

Pendeen 2, Crown 2.

Wendron 1, Cornish News Boys 6.

Troon v Portreath - OFF - Troon unable to raise a side.???

We have troon on wednesday night, and was just wondering if anyone could tell me whether, that was def the reason the game was called off?

I heard it was due to no ref???

Well hopefully they can raise a side to play us? Any info? :unsure::unsure::unsure:

That was the info given to me by the fixture sec. Probably a few short with cricket and holidays which is common for clubs at this time of year especially when trying to get three teams out.

Would of thought they'll be ok for an evening fixture.

Its a shame that Troon Reserves were allowed into the league when they are unable to field a side on more then one occasion. I feel sorry for the teams that werent allowed into the league. Intresting to see how the league will act upon this. Ive heard that the decision is pending on whether Portreath Reserves get the 3 points from the cancelled game last saturday?