Cornwall Football Forum

2013-2014 at Wendron United

We are delighted to announce that Paul Murray will continue to manage our first team, assisted by Roy Nancholas. After an inconsistent season on and off the pitch last year, Murray wants a stable squad that will challenge for honours, and ultimately gain promotion to the SW Leagues. Murray has a proven track record and is what Wendron need to take the club in the right direction.

After a successful season under the management of Simon 'Shifty' Adams, which resulted in a cup win and promotion, Shifty has decided to move on to first team management with Mawnan. We wish him all the best. Peter Thorne will take over from Simon, with Richard Basset assisting him. In Peter's last year of management he won the treble, and the second team will once again be aiming to compete at the right end of the table in Division 1. Hopefully this side will be playing Premier and Combo football before too long as they look to support the first team.

Rob Noventa, who has enjoyed 2 seasons as 4th team manager, will be taking over as third team boss. He will be looking to introduce some youngsters to adult football, and will also have some wise heads their to challenge for honours.

The fourth team will be managed by Andrew Mitchell and Treve Matthews. The pair have worked together in managing successful youth sides, and Andrew has had experience in managing adult football for the past few years. They will be looking to introduce their youth teams into adult football, and it will be a great place for anyone's first taste of adult football to learn their trade.

We are excited about the appointment of new Sunday League manager, Jeremy Brown. Despite being young, Jeremy is a proven goalkeeper with great leadership skills. He is young and enthusiastic and is looking to build a successful Sunday League team. We are delighted to welcome Jeremy back to the club after playing youth football and being introduced to men's football at Wendron.

Pre Season training will start on the 2nd July at Wendron United FC. This will be predominantly for the first team, but is welcome to all.

Pre Season for the other sides will officially start on the 16th July.

Past, current and potential players please feel free to attend. We are looking to build not only successful sides, but a successful club. In recent years we have won several Junior Competitions, but we will be looking to be serious contenders in Senior football. This starts with a successful club from youth to the first team. We are looking for players hungry for success at who want to challenge themselves to play the highest level of football for all. We are a very inclusive club, offering football for all abilities.

Wendron United is a great club to play for. We have great facilities, we are well run, but most importantly: we have a great atmosphere.

We are definitely moving in the right direction, so be part of it.

See you at pre season.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for that Billy, it is surprising but I am getting even more deceptively slower as the years go on. I have lost your phone number, so can I put 7 days in for you on here? I need a shy, retiring, non aggressive keeper for the forthcoming campaign!!!

Thanks for that Billy, it is surprising but I am getting even more deceptively slower as the years go on. I have lost your phone number, so can I put 7 days in for you on here? I need a shy, retiring, non aggressive keeper for the forthcoming campaign!!!

Sounds like Bill could be perfect for you Paul! :-)

Hi Paul mate I am away for e few months but will be back sometime for the vets are you gonna be playing for the Wendron team it would be great to catch up mate. I was hoping to see you at the St Dennis final but had to make do with Andy Parry who claimed he was only 50!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take care mate and hopefully see you soon.

Chris you are still registered with our vets side mate and there is nothing like enjoying a Sunday with quality players stroking the ball around in a relaxed atmosphere and playing with us is nothing like enjoying your Sunday with quality players stroking the ball around in a relaxed atmosphere. Just a creaking,farting sad bunch of old has beens trying to look 2 stone lighter while moaning at anyone who comes close enough for them to see. Right up your street mate, see you next season x

Yes Billy it will be good to catch up,I hope to be playing for Wendron vets this season, it's just a bit depressing now for me as even most of the vets team seem quite young in comparison. I think your right about Andy Parry, I saw him get on the bus the other day and he didn't have to pay!!!