Cornwall Football Forum

Match tonight Weds 29th August

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Good game, played in the right spirit, nice banter from the visiting fans and all the lights worked !

Leon Holland with a cheeky lob put Newquay 1-0 after just 6mins but Perran were back at 1-1 after 12 when the home keeper made fine save only for a defender to place a superb header into his own net. HT 1-1.

Perran went 2-1 up with a dodgy offside, the lino flagged for a player who was onside which confused the defence and ref, Perran played on to a man offside, he crosssed and a goal resulted. Don't remember the 3rd goal but a draw would have been fair.

Newquay's first was scored within the 4th min Perran straight back in the 6th min, :clapper: And i believe (don't take my word for it was only what someone told me ) that the player onside passed the ball back to the goalscorer for the 2nd Perran goal 4 mins into the 2nd half. Well done Perranporth 3 wins outta 4, and well played Newquay, looking forward to our next meeting :thumbsup: :drink:

My view was that Perranporth thoroughly deserved their win...we couldnt get close enough and they found more time on the ball. The game was played at 100 miles an hour and a baked hard pitch made it difficult for all.

It was a good toss to win as I am sure that the P'Porth keeper would have been blinded by a low sun as our best player Leon Holland burst through to lob the opening goal.

Congratulations to Sam Moustrides who was first class in the P'porth midfield and key to their victory.

Newquay were stung hard tonight and I expect a response from my team saturday at home to an improving Mullion side.

I guess the attendence was 60+ with a good visting support.

Perranporth ran out deserved winners against a Newquay side who had with various changes from last week.

Sorry Judge can,t agree with you ,I did not think it was a good game,the performance of Newquay could only be considered poor and that,s taking nothing away from Perran,s performance.

Guest Peppermint

Whilst risking the wrath of Carl for being critical I have to agree with Bazzer. Newquay competed well in the first half and might have scored more goals. After half time Newquay seemed to run out of ideas and there was only going to be one winner.

I agree with Carl that Sam Moustrides ran the midfield and he looked a class apart.