Cornwall Football Forum

Transfer News

Nemesis wrote ;

Back to transfer news... There will be players who turn up at training at one or more clubs, then sign for someone else. I'd suggest that until the end of July, there will be managers and players swapping clubs on a daily basis, the same as every other season in fact.

I used to enjoy spotting some players popping up in two or three different team groups in the Sunday Independent season preview supplement . I will wait until the first game of the season to see who is turning out for who , until then it is all just gossip (entertaining though ).

On a separate note , I always thought you couldn't sign for a new club until the 1st of July ?

Ref a comment earlier about Gav Coulton. To say he's an average player with no morales is ridiculous. Probably been one of the most consistent performers at this level now for years and is a class act and could/should be playing at higher level. Think he has been with Saltash for many many years now so has shown a decent amount of commitment to them. On the transfer topic, its nice to see some lads wanting to try themselves at a higher level and that are prepared to put the miles in so good luck to Krac, Heveran and Wright if they do end up at Tiverton. If Parkway are completing some of the signing that are being mentioned in the likes of Carter, Colwell, Coulton, Danny Lewis, Luke and Lee Rundle plus the Landricombe brothers combined with players already there then they should have a squad capable of winning the Prem next year, their budget could be an interesting one though!!!!

Gav Coulton...... Average player, Big Ego no morales, wont be the main man at Parkway. Disagree with previous post about him being a nice guy....the lads a nasty piece of work.

So Brendon, you have clearly have an issue with Gavin Coulton.

I have to say he is one of the few "characters" we have in local football. I have to speak from personal experience, he was always committed to Saltash United and always had time for a chat. I am afraid, Saltash loss is Parkway gain here.

Gav Coulton...... Average player, Big Ego no morales, wont be the main man at Parkway. Disagree with previous post about him being a nice guy....the lads a nasty piece of work.

So Brendon, you have clearly have an issue with Gavin Coulton.

I have to say he is one of the few "characters" we have in local football. I have to speak from personal experience, he was always committed to Saltash United and always had time for a chat. I am afraid, Saltash loss is Parkway gain here.

No agenda with Coulton at all, this is a forum for opinions, and unlike others, I see through Gavins ability to have more faces than "Big Ben", the social chameleon may go down well with a lot of people but I see through his fake mask he wears.

As a player I think he failed in midfield, got put at the back and is bang average. Stringer and Bonney are better than Coulton, I agree Bald One, and I cannot see Gavin staying at Parkway for the whole season, because Hilson wont think twice about dropping him, and he wont be able to handle being a bench-warmer.

Fair play to Gav for his loyalty to Saltash but deep down, one of those masks he wears will tell the truth behind that.....he was always guaranteed a game at Saltash, no matter how bad he played, because behind the scenes, he picked the team and made signings.

I wish him all the best at Parkway, just hope we don't see another event like at newquay away last season where him and his pug dog were suppose to have ran on the pitch and started rucking.....Cant see that kind of behaviour being tolerated at Parkway.

Wayne....Bad signing in my opinion, what you already got is better pal!

Ridiculous statement brenden, clearly not alot of knowledge of the game. You won't find many better center backs in the league at this level. pace, power and ability, something strings and bonney lack. parkways gain saltash's loss as stated above. Parkway seem to be the force if pre season rumours are anything to go by, but it was the same last season with there 'all star' team assembled and they fell way short.

Crusty , not sure who you mean by allstar line up the start of last season. The team did not go through the season with super stars.

They did what they did by playing as a team.

I have seen Gav Coulton several times and think he is a good player but not a great player. He would be my third choice centre back if Bonney and Stringer were to stay. ( But hey .... I am not the Manager ). When Saltash came from 3-1 down to draw 3-3 last season, Coulton was the difference.

Interesting times ahead.

It'll be interesting to see what players remain at Parkway next season. With a young group of lads last term that seemed to work hard for eachother, no egos, just got on with the job, finished and admirable second. But once again Wayne Hilson seems to be bringing in the big names to the club, when as previously shown, this didn't work and they all jumped ship when the money and the football went to pot. It wouldn't surprise me if some of the more long term players left if their loyalty doesn't seem to be being repaid or even trusted.
It'd be interesting to see if another manager had his budget, i.e Leigh Cooper, Stuart Dudley, whether or not they would do the same thing, or they would go for/stick with young local lads that are willing to work hard for eachother to gain results.

• 3 weeks later...

looks like all three of the before mentioned helston lads featured for truro v crewe tonight with Eddie scoring in a 2 1 loss....

eddie scored, young got the assist and the lad goldsworthy when came on was constant threat, all 3 without doubt made good impression and helston will struggle to keep them truro will take at least 2 of the 3 if not all

looks like all three of the before mentioned helston lads featured for truro v crewe tonight with Eddie scoring in a 2 1 loss....

eddie scored, young got the assist and the lad goldsworthy when came on was constant threat, all 3 without doubt made good impression and helston will struggle to keep them truro will take at least 2 of the 3 if not all have they not all signed yet then? great ball from young for the goal and Superb finish from liam Big loss for Helston if they have all gone.