Cornwall Football Forum

will arsene spend [the so called transfer pot]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Fair comment. I have to predict that the Scum are also likely to come back sufficiently to grab a Champions League spot in 2014. 16 to 1 for the title is tempting but not ALL the challengers will fall away sufficiently for this to happen. We had the rub of the green to wound Liverpool fatally yesterday......their second half substitution showed why, unless incredibly lucky with injuries for the rest of the season, their squad won't be deep enough to take them back into the top four from now on......

Chelsea and City head to head for the title. Crystal Palace showed how to play at the Etihad....a brilliant piece of Pulisism ! Somebody will get lucky there and it might be Mourinho. I hope so ! 

the gunners on a good run at present ,but the window awaits we need a striker to take the strain off giroud , he has give his all for the team and in my opinion he was a great buy , some gooners dont agree but he is the complete team player for us and leads the line well and brings others into the game ,may not be a striker who will get us 25-30 goals a season but these type of strikers are at the top end of the market and perhaps out of the gunners budget , who knows what will happen over the coming weeks but the right purchase could be a lift for the remainder of the season and maybe just maybe put us in with a shout of silverwear we all live in hope , Happy New Year   to all fellow forum fans [ yes that includes spuds ,older sss rkig and issac ] and dont all over do it tonight  have fun stay safe 

Well thank you Steve, and the same to you.

I do think however that Arse-anal will run out of steam. A few injuries should sort it.

you could be right but will enjoy the ride for now definately need a back up striker  epl players available ? suares no chance , lukaku chelski wont sell , rooney to big a contract at utd , benteke not hitting the heights this season  , berbatov  past his best , remy scoring well for newcastle and not cup tied in europe best bet at present  ,  links from overseas costa , martiness , benzena again  ,dont think their respective clubs will sell to us  even if we could afford it  it will be hard to get the quality we need to push on but fingers crossed  stranger things have happened  remember the wizard of oz

Well thank you Steve, and the same to you.

I do think however that Arse-anal will run out of steam. A few injuries should sort it.

you could be right but will enjoy the ride for now definately need a back up striker  epl players available ? suares no chance , lukaku chelski wont sell , rooney to big a contract at utd , benteke not hitting the heights this season  , berbatov  past his best , remy scoring well for newcastle and not cup tied in europe best bet at present  ,  links from overseas costa , martiness , benzena again  ,dont think their respective clubs will sell to us  even if we could afford it  it will be hard to get the quality we need to push on but fingers crossed  stranger things have happened  remember the wizard of oz

I do - the man made of straw !!!!!

papers ,internet alive with rumours  but we need to get a striker in quick , i think probable short term deal  remy top shout and not cup tied  and maybe berbatov not my choice but not cup tied and can score goals  , interesting times ahead  and at least the club has stability for the 1st time in many years and dont have to sell to balance the books ,  i hope we can sustain the push but as in many years being a fan of the gunners we take nothing for granted,

Nice reaction to a good English player??? Arsenal will miss his appearances. Has been very effective since returning from recent injury. Let's see what Wenger does now, with Walcott gone for the season, Bendtner out for a month and Giroud still struggling, looking a little too light up front now!!

Nice reaction to a good English player??? Arsenal will miss his appearances. Has been very effective since returning from recent injury. Let's see what Wenger does now, with Walcott gone for the season, Bendtner out for a month and Giroud still struggling, looking a little too light up front now!!

That is my opinion mangle,i dont think he is an international. If any one else had done what he done on saturday, they would of been dragged over the coals.Im sorry if you dont agree with my humble opinion.

rob you are right to have an opinion about theo but he has been a good player for the gunners and when rvp was with the gunners he set up most of his goals , a blow to the club and himself as he has started to mature into a better team player for as for international class is there many so called english players who are?  sss i am sure the spuds fans did not say anything nasty or threw any coins at him as they are such a good lot  ,probably some loose change left from all the transfers levy has sanctioned yes probably in hindsight not the cleverest reaction but it was not as if he was giving those poor fans the middle finger salute and they are such a lovely forgiving bunch of fans and so kind hearted ,and soft centered . changing subject slightly gnarbry had a cracking game  and hopefully he can go on to have a great career at the emirates, but as mangle stated we are very light up front and need to bring in reinforcements quickly  as injuries  are mounting up , and rob in all the years if have known you humble is not a word i would associate with yourself ha ha

rob you are right to have an opinion about theo but he has been a good player for the gunners and when rvp was with the gunners he set up most of his goals , a blow to the club and himself as he has started to mature into a better team player for as for international class is there many so called english players who are?  sss i am sure the spuds fans did not say anything nasty or threw any coins at him as they are such a good lot  ,probably some loose change left from all the transfers levy has sanctioned yes probably in hindsight not the cleverest reaction but it was not as if he was giving those poor fans the middle finger salute and they are such a lovely forgiving bunch of fans and so kind hearted ,and soft centered . changing subject slightly gnarbry had a cracking game  and hopefully he can go on to have a great career at the emirates, but as mangle stated we are very light up front and need to bring in reinforcements quickly  as injuries  are mounting up , and rob in all the years if have known you humble is not a word i would associate with yourself ha ha

Walcott and that other little thing called Wilshire,are horrible little runts.
Could'nt give two hoots what you think.
If it wasn't for the stewards,we would of ripped his frigging head off.

bad losers sss  , you are entitled to your opinion being a spud  but even without a striker  and yours who cost millions  you couldnt score and the gunns did 2-0 goals win games  theo was just reminding your fans the score after the way the spuds treated him so well when he went down and showered him with money for his taxi home , glad your fans have plenty to throw around  , he was just being friendly back  ah yes and jack  he has the talent to boss games  which after his injury he is still a bit short of games but will get better he does like to put it about  and stick it to the spuds , you did not look like breaking down the defence and we are through to the next round ,how you would crow if the boot was on the other foot  but sadlly the score still stays at 2-0  , keep changing the managers at spurs you never know you may find a good one soon

I wasn't having a go Rob. The whole situation with players reacting to fans is a storm in a tea cup. I suppose there has to be a line, and Wilshere recently stepped over it. Making an obscene gesture, as he did, even in the face of extreme provocation, is not justified. However, the Walcott "gesture" is not in that category. Nothing should be done about it. He was being pelted with coins before he politely reminded Spurs supporters of the score. What is the difference between what he did, and what we see every week when players score in front of the away supporters and celebrate with hands clasped around their ears, or saluting them, or just standing, smiling at them with arms raised wide above their heads? It's the same sort of thing. Not considered obscene by anyone. So what, he had a bit of fun, again, in the face of intense provocation.

Whatever we think, nothing justifies the throwing of any missile, ever. Whoever it is, be it an Arsenal fan or fans, it doesn't matter, they should be barred from football forever. If one of the marshals had been hit in the eye, this would be even more serious. Thankfully this did not happen, and the rather stupid and pointless arguments about whether any punishment should be handed out to Walcott will continue.

Regarding Walcott being an "international", well, he is, having played several times for his country. Is he the best players we have fit, or have had, no. Has never really fulfilled his potential, a bit like Lennon. Hopefully the same will not happen to Townsend. He looks good, fresh, wants to run at defenders and has an end product. For England's sake, long may that continue.

What Walcott did was no more than a bit of banter, no more than what supporters do to each other every week, and should have been taken so.

Looking at grown men having a apoplectic fit over such a light hearted gesture, quite frankly dismayed me. 

Supporters shout obscenities at players and officials all the time, the minute a player responds - hang him. Grow up I say.

What Walcott did was no more than a bit of banter, no more than what supporters do to each other every week, and should have been taken so.

Looking at grown men having a apoplectic fit over such a light hearted gesture, quite frankly dismayed me. 

Supporters shout obscenities at players and officials all the time, the minute a player responds - hang him. Grow up I say.

older you are always very balanced in your views and i always look for your posts as you use yours years of experience to make good comments , trouble sss gets caught up in the moment and lets his heart rule his head,  i like you can see the shortcomings of the gunners [ in your case spurs] but it doent make us any lesser fans  the venom fans spit at players even at our level [ cornwall] is in lots of times going over the top , so good post older and looking forward to your balanced comments over the coming season , my god must be a New Year as i am bigging up a spud fan ha ha

older you are always very balanced in your views and i always look for your posts as you use yours years of experience to make good comments , trouble sss gets caught up in the moment and lets his heart rule his head,  i like you can see the shortcomings of the gunners [ in your case spurs] but it doent make us any lesser fans  the venom fans spit at players even at our level [ cornwall] is in lots of times going over the top , so good post older and looking forward to your balanced comments over the coming season , my god must be a New Year as i am bigging up a spud fan ha ha

You're heading for the light - that is White Hart Lane. Steady boy, steady. :yahoo:  :yahoo:

You're heading for the light - that is White Hart Lane. Steady boy, steady. :yahoo:  :yahoo:

older and elder no chance  , that sounds just like a comedy duo  morcambe and wise cannon and ball , litttle and large  older and elder what a ring to it ha ha , elder i was always brought up to respect my olders [ sorry elders]  

PLEASE MR MODERATOR, LOCK THIS THREAD IMMEDIATELY, THIS IS ALL GETTING A BIT TOO CHUMMY!

That can change with a simple gesture, like, ermmmm! two fingers.

older you turning into theo ha ha

Nah! I was quicker than him ... and definitely quicker now. :yahoo:

Ahhh, now we're all getting back to our usual, post-festive, abusive selves. Bless 'em!

PLEASE MR MODERATOR, LOCK THIS THREAD IMMEDIATELY, THIS IS ALL GETTING A BIT TOO CHUMMY!

That can change with a simple gesture, like, ermmmm! two fingers.

older you turning into theo ha ha

Nah! I was quicker than him ... and definitely quicker now. :yahoo:

older thats below the belt ........ oh dear joining the realms of sss

Borrow one of the spuds!!

would take defoe but the rest they are well......... overpaid

Can't understand why the bloke never seems to be rated ? Always dangerous, and liable to score. He'd start for me every time.

I agree with you older, scores goals and good in the box.

Great minds  :thumbsup: