Cornwall Football Forum

will arsene spend [the so called transfer pot]

11 hours ago, stevieb said:

Yes of course  the club is to blame with several thousand fans traveling  to the ground without tickets  , safety first with the k o moved  , another Arsenal **** up ,  and they go a goal down , and score three in reply , no not Arsenal's finest hour  but   , a win in the pub cup  bonus at least the wife could watch the soaps with the late KO . And good to see three young players in the squad ,   thanks SSS your concern for the Gunners is much appreciated .

Emmerdale was good.

2 hours ago, Goldeneye said:

Arsenal have given me a good laugh over the last few years, but I've been laughing at Spuds for the last 50 years!! When was the last league title - 1961 was it? ha, ha, ha

Is that the best you got.

Your posts are as bad as the Goons football club.

MIND THE GAP.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 16/09/2017 at 16:23, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

They have me as well ...certainly did with that crowd control :yahoo:

Funny Older , more German fans turned up for the pub cup against Arsenal without tickets than  fans turned up at Wembley for your league cup game  , now that is funny .:thumbsup:

Three points , WBA should have had a pen , but Arsenal could have had two in the first half , plenty of the ball , still shaky at the back , but second half bossed the game , a win is a win up the table as well but don't think the top three at present have to much to worry about , pub cup Thursday , nice couple days out  .:smiley20:

Good to see several younger players given a run out , experience will be a good thing away win , but still a couple of defensive mistakes  , pub cup , distraction  from the league . Good work out for the squad players , Giroud 100 goals up , 90 minutes for Jack  , some good touches from him , not all bad .:)

"Pub Cup". Why always the pub cup? Tell Man Utd that, who are presently in the CL because of it. Yes, I know that everyone wants to be in the CL. But come on. It is Arsenal's level right now. In fact, they have a better chance of winning it than the CL. No chance for the Gunners in the CL at the moment, even if they were in it. I would usually be hopeful they had a "punchers chance", but I don't think they would have that this season. Let's hope for a good October, with opposition such as Brighton, Watford, Everton and Swansea in the PL, Norwich in the EFL and some team I have never heard of in the EL.

On 29/09/2017 at 21:30, Mangle said:

"Pub Cup". Why always the pub cup? Tell Man Utd that, who are presently in the CL because of it. Yes, I know that everyone wants to be in the CL. But come on. It is Arsenal's level right now. In fact, they have a better chance of winning it than the CL. No chance for the Gunners in the CL at the moment, even if they were in it. I would usually be hopeful they had a "punchers chance", but I don't think they would have that this season. Let's hope for a good October, with opposition such as Brighton, Watford, Everton and Swansea in the PL, Norwich in the EFL and some team I have never heard of in the EL.

Mangle pub cup because that was what I used to taunt SSS, and Older with when we were in the Champions League ,  so self mocking my sense of humour :thumbsup:

On 02/10/2017 at 21:39, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Yes you did, and it messed us up no end ...it will you in the end ....lol

Perhaps Older , but Arsene has given some of the younger players a run out  , most say strange not being in the champs league with a Thursday game but that is the position the club is in the PUB CUP :D

Usmanov has come out today and states he doesn't want to sell his shares to Silent Stan in it for the long run , bit of chess going on behind the scenes , Arsene did allude to off the pitch distractions the other week , maybe start of a power struggle for ownership of The Arsenal ? 

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

If Carling done perfect weekends.

This one would be it.

Goons lose at the mighty Watford.

Rent Boys lose at Palace,LOL.

Manc's and scoucers in a bore draw.

But the YIDS march on.

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

You forgot Truro winning !  Now my weekend  ,my home team lost , gunners lost , went fishing forgot my coat  , No fish ( normal )  , but broad shoulders , always look on the bright side of life , next week can only get better ouch !!!!

5 minutes ago, stevieb said:

You forgot Truro winning !  Now my weekend  ,my home team lost , gunners lost , went fishing forgot my coat  , No fish ( normal )  , but broad shoulders , always look on the bright side of life , next week can only get better ouch !!!!

Dont forget Emmerdale this week.We are off to the Bernabeau.

4 hours ago, stevieb said:

Welcome to the life of an old Spurs fan........you lot in the pub cup laughing at yourselves - get used to it.

On 15/10/2017 at 20:42, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Welcome to the life of an old Spurs fan........you lot in the pub cup laughing at yourselves - get used to it.

At present for all the banter Arsenal are behind spurs on the pitch Kane on a terrific run , perhaps Arsenal can put a run together but they always seem to mess it up like Saturday , now keep this post as I don't praise spurs very often , bragging rights to the white shirts at the moment  , and the red half doesn't have many answers on the pitch at present :(.

2 hours ago, stevieb said:

At present for all the banter Arsenal are behind spurs on the pitch Kane on a terrific run , perhaps Arsenal can put a run together but they always seem to mess it up like Saturday , now keep this post as I don't praise spurs very often , bragging rights to the white shirts at the moment  , and the red half doesn't have many answers on the pitch at present :(.

C'MON YOU SPURS !!!!!!!!:c:

On 15/10/2017 at 15:54, somersetspur said:

Dont forget Emmerdale this week.We are off to the Bernabeau.

Started before Emmerdale ,1-0 to the Arsenal , will have to use catch up TV for Emmerdale  , SSS  did Joe Sugden get a good price for his sheep at market ? :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Lets hope you can get a result at Man City,next week.

I fear they could walk the League,if they dont start dropping some points.

Agreed, although I do not hold out much hope. I put money on City before the season started, and I’ve seen nothing to change my mind.

On 29/10/2017 at 15:59, somersetspur said:

Lets hope you can get a result at Man City,next week.

I fear they could walk the League,if they dont start dropping some points.

And we didn't ,   thought it was a soft penalty , and 3rd was off side  only watched second half as traveling back from Bridgewater Carnival , but city always look dangerous , Lacazette scores and Wilshire's slowly returning to fitness and he makes a difference to the style of play ,  will be a big ask to make champs league this season ( qualifying )  and a long way from the title  at present .

2 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

image.png.b18a45ad010470ed41e5677c8c970950.png  COYS

Premier League
Standings · Scores and schedule
  • -
Team PTS GP W D L GS GD
th?id=AR_e5d84bb59c997d80f441df40df210e6
Manchester City 31 11 10 1 0 38 31
th?id=AR_e0e8cbffd78e82d4b7225bb6f3e68a0
Manchester United 23 11 7 2 2 23 18
th?id=AR_86c70df80cd8610e10852d6f7e3c655
Tottenham Hotspur 23 11 7 2 2 20 13
th?id=AR_676281110c0cf3942bacc09159611dd
Chelsea 22 11 7 1 3 19 9
th?id=AR_5418de21257d9425a3deaed0fd87239
Liverpool 19 11 5 4 2 21 4
th?id=AR_3e3cde81a94beff6d5e1367d8e70780
Arsenal 19 11 6 1 4 20 4

Bridgewater Carnival was good  

• 2 weeks later...

Well done to Man Utd today. I thought both teams played well, and it was a great game to watch. A lot of skill, graft and determination shown by both sets of players. Extremely disappointed with the result, but hey ho. It’s where Arsenal are at the moment. On another day, it could have been a win. Today they lost. Onwards and upwards.

Watched  a few minutes before I went out  , saw kos give the ball away  for the first ,  what ever happened to don't play the ball across field when defending , easy interception then goal , basic defending.  Utd looked up for it  , then I went out  and had to hear the result  from someone else , disappointing result . And agree with mangle this is where The Arsenal are at present .

I agree on the whole, Arsenal were the "better team", but in reality, that means nothing. United played to their strengths, rode their luck at times, but were lethal in breakaways and attacking in general. Arsenal have a defensive vulnerability, as clearly showed up on Saturday. We are all fighting over the places, as City continue to prove they are the ones to beat. The title is theirs to lose!

9 hours ago, Mangle said:

I agree on the whole, Arsenal were the "better team", but in reality, that means nothing. United played to their strengths, rode their luck at times, but were lethal in breakaways and attacking in general. Arsenal have a defensive vulnerability, as clearly showed up on Saturday. We are all fighting over the places, as City continue to prove they are the ones to beat. The title is theirs to lose!

And are they going to lose it (?) not a chance, they're in their sticky patch now and still winning.

10 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

And nobody watching .....lol

I did ha ha ,  you are so right. Loads of empty seats the least amount watching a game at the Emirates , game was a non event as Arsenal were already top , but why with Xmas coming and money at a premium they didn't do reduced rates especially for kids ? But then I don't move in silent Satans and Ivan the terrible money grabbing world 

Loads of possession Again but....... Caught cold again  defensively yet again , why don't the players / coaches learn  , could have been three down in 10 mins  , thank goodness for Girouds header ,  Credit to Southampton defensively they were exceptional and on the break could have added to their early goal  hitting the bar late on , only nine goals scored away from home this season and five of those were against Everton . Above spuds at the moment  by a point  small consolation . Where has the old Arsenal gone , free flowing attacking football and tight at the back  .

The only plus this week was jack Wilshire.  Xhaka , how much longer can he start . He keeps giving the ball away , but so does Sanchez 32 times against Southampton  and god knows how many against the Hammers , and we could have lost late on when the bar saved us , somebody have a shot , no wonder they have loads of possession  they pass the ball to death and at such a slow pace , teams get back behind the ball . Maitland  had a good game which was a bonus and put a couple of crosses into the box , but no one else did Groud was up top  but nobody  else put the ball into the box .  So frustrating to watch  at the moment  who would be a gooner . ????? 

5 hours ago, Keith B said:

Has Wenger lost the plot stevie, or perhaps the players don't want to play for him anymore ?

I think there are several factors involved in my own opinion ,  some players not up to playing for a club like Arsenal , coming with big wages but not producing on the pitch , Arsene has favourites and will keep playing them even when off form . Arsene has lost touch with the way football has moved on he was once the man every club copied with his stretching , diet  supplements which he brought to the English game . Contracts more down to the money men letting the likes of ozil, sanche,s ect to run down their contracts . Not ruthless enough in front of goal. And being defensively naive . Arsene is the most successful manager in the clubs history and personally I want him to leave with dignity perhaps he should have stepped down after the FA cup Final . Whoever takes over when he eventually steps down ,has a big job on their hands and will take a while to wake up the players  to what it means to be at the club . There is no easy fix at the moment .

A while back , I think it was on sky , can't remember which pundits were involved but there was a consensus of opinion that Arsenal are still  a big job and if / when Arsene retires  many good managers would be interested in taking over as they are still classed as a big club . A change will be needed when it happens ,but the board will need to back whoever comes in . I am afraid money needs to be invested  to push the club on in the league  to challenge the city's , Utd , chelski .  I think when Arsene leaves it will  be only then that he will be appreciated on what he has done for Arsenal  , he goes down as their greatest manager , the main problem recently is lack of league success or sustained push to challenge .