Cornwall Football Forum

will arsene spend [the so called transfer pot]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Couldn't think of anything to say ???

No dilemma there at all.....I'd be watching the mighty Spurs if they were 10 nil down from the first leg, the other game on highlights.

Always, always my team before any others.

Trouble with hudl older ,  

Well the Gunners played well but beaten by a superior team who are undeafeted for 38 games , had chances but as normal we can't convert , Wellbeck , Iwobi and Sanchez were great but Ozil was a bit to generous with his passes to the opponents ,  but why do we every season go out with a fight  , when in truth the game was over in the first leg , it seems the team or manager is happy to get plaudits for losing  , strange but true  even the fans including myself get caught up with it .  really we should not be happy  with it , .

On 2/26/2016 at 13:58, somersetspur said:

Toughest draw possible.First leg away,is good.

If you want to be the best ,you got to beat the best.

Just getting prepared for Champions League football next season.

Bring it on.

Hmmm, your "enthusiasm", although honourable, was clearly misplaced. Yes, good luck in the CL next season, on last nights performance, you'll need it.

Paa ha ha haaa!

Good win today Iwobi was great he seems to have no fear and at present is playing better than ox and Theo at least we have a plus for a change also Wellbeck is playing well he seems to be making up for lost time , just a shame we haven't strung enough wins together since Xmas ,  a little to late methinks , Leicester win again they won't lie down and deserve all the plaudits coming there way , they are there at the top because of their consistent form , and Arsenal have beat them twice ,  ,just been browsing the Arsenal links and found  on you tube fans chanting today for Silent Stan to leave their club , shame he wasn't listening  , of course he is never at the games he only bought Arsenal as a business deal not to win trophies :SM_carton:

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/03/2016 at 20:20, somersetspur said:

The chase continue's.COYS.

Not for the Gooners  needed a win two up  and  ,,,,, we give it up   , well how much longer do we have to put up with  under performing , poor defending  , no team fears Arsenal  they have all worked out that defensively there is a problem,  have been on Arsenal TV link and one fan who has been involved in some of the banners , made a valid point when the interviewer said if Arsene left it could leave Arsenal in the same position as Utd are now since Fergie retired , but as he pointed out that utd were on a different level to the Gunners and you can't compare , other teams have changed Managers to thier benefit eg Leicester , West Ham  , when mentioned about we get in Champs league every year , he responded but we never win it and have been only in one final in twenty years , can see his point .

Here we go again the media scramble for who Arsenal will sign next season  , 10 out  10 in Arsene to overhaul the squad , blah blah blah ,  as a fan of many years unless we break the bank how can we compete , next season utd , city ,Chelsea will spend big , Spurs if they can hold on to their best players will be a threat , Liverpool  need to strengthen and , Leicester if the big boys don't turn their heads with the lure of cash , . Surprise every year the same old fairy tales Arsenal to spend big , the cynical among us would say  rumours  leaked to sell season tickets , why would any top players want to come  when the club is always the nearly men , flatter to deceive  ,  still will support the team always have but I think  the Club has come to the cross roads , something has to change be it owners , players or background staff,  the club has to realise football  has moved on in the Premiership ,  if not it could be left behind .

25 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Keep him I say.

Thanks older:SM_carton_y:

19 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Several seasons (!) since 1961 - ye gods.

It pains me to say it but this season The spuds have been the better team , and still in with a chance of the league ,   with six games to go , the Gunners with five to go could miss out on Arsene trophy  of 4th place ,  have been talking to several Gooners and nobody has any answer's to why  the team can't see out games ,  the team has serous issues with the will to win , Sunday game was like a training match  loads of  possession but no end product ,  same old problems at the club  , no easy fix  it needs fresh ideas   , Arsene won't be stepping down anytime soon  ,    personally I think father time has caught up with him and he has lost a bit of his  sparkle as we all do as we get older ,  he has been a great manager for the Gunners  and he has changed the club from the training ground to the Emirates  and the style of football  they p!ay but it is not working anymore  ,  most fans would welcome the old 1 nil to The Arsenal  of George Graham teams at present  , so frustrating for the fans at present .:(

On 20/04/2016 at 19:46, somersetspur said:

Arsenal are one of the richest Clubs in the Premiership.

But they have'nt got enough money or pulling power,to turn that shower of s££t into a decent team.

True SSS they are a rich club both with money and history  , but it has become a bit stale  and samey each season take out the FA cup wins , it is always the priority get in the Champs league each season but not to win it  money talks , Ivan and Silent Stan  are all about the profits  they are not football fans ,  at least some fans are making a stand and not watching home games is a start  , then the club tries to put a spin by saying there were over 59,000 at the game when clearly there wasn't ,  Arsene says the fans should get behind the team and turn up but he should realise it's not the team that is the problem but the way the club is being run , the only way the board will take notice is if revenues drop on match day with fans not turning up and spending  on memorabilia  , food ect  because that seems to be God  the football is secondary  to the hierarchy  .

It will be interesting to see what happens at Arsenal this year. I think a lot of teams are looking at Leicester and wondering what they did right. This will be going through everyone's minds, from the players right up to the board level. And at board level, it could lead to some things changing at some clubs. Whether that includes Arsenal, who knows? The Leicester team is not great in my opinion. The back 4 just stays at home, the two central defenders basically muscle everyone out the game at set-pieces (defending and attacking). A couple of really good players in Kante and Mahrez, who stayed fit all season, are always dangerous, and 3 good attackers (Vardy with excellent pace)! That mix has proven successful. I can't wait to see them next year in Europe...

24 minutes ago, Mangle said:

It will be interesting to see what happens at Arsenal this year. I think a lot of teams are looking at Leicester and wondering what they did right. This will be going through everyone's minds, from the players right up to the board level. And at board level, it could lead to some things changing at some clubs. Whether that includes Arsenal, who knows? The Leicester team is not great in my opinion. The back 4 just stays at home, the two central defenders basically muscle everyone out the game at set-pieces (defending and attacking). A couple of really good players in Kante and Mahrez, who stayed fit all season, are always dangerous, and 3 good attackers (Vardy with excellent pace)! That mix has proven successful. I can't wait to see them next year in Europe...

We all know what happens at the Goons.

Downhill slide.

On ‎29‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 20:20, Mangle said:

A good old English team, defenders knock you down, give it to those who can play , they give it to those who can score.

Like it used to be.

Can't argue with that Older. I was mildly amused yesterday, all the fuss and palaver at Arsenal yesterday with the "protesting" fans. And the mild annoyance at a 1 nil victory over Norwich. From what I saw, Norwich were unlucky, and scrapped and fought for the entire match. As you would expect from any PL team, but especially one fighting for their league lives! So being an Arsenal supporter, I am delighted with a 1 nil victory, as it must have meant that Arsenal too scrapped and fought for the precious points. People are so hard to please. I listened to some of the match on radio commentary, and when Welbeck came on, Wenger took off Iwobi. What! Why! Surely Giroud should be leaving the pitch. Utter astonishment from the commentary team. Then I hear that Giroud provided the assist for the Welbeck goal. So thank god someone is in charge who knows what he is doing! ha ha ha.

6 hours ago, Mangle said:

(nil victory over Norwich. From what I saw, Norwich were unlucky, and scrapped and fought for the entire match. As you would expect from any PL team, but especially one fighting for their league lives! So being an Arsenal supporter, I am delighted with a 1 nil victory, as it must have meant that Arsenal too scrapped and fought for the precious points. People are so hard to please. I listened to some of the match on radio commentary, and when Welbeck came on, Wenger took off Iwobi. What! Why! Surely Giroud should be leaving the pitch. Utter astonishment from the commentary team. Then I hear that Giroud provided the assist for the Welbeck goal. So thank god someone is in charge who knows what he is doing! ha ha ha.

WE are all managers, and pundits.....we just don't get paid millions for getting it right .....every time (!) 

Saturdays protest was not great , fans turning on each other  spoke to my daughter and she said some anti Wenger wish him dead on Twitter , they are not covering themselves in glory , the better way which gave the protest more media attention was when fans stayed away and the stadium was looking barren in sections  this will make the board pay attention as they don't like being hit in the wallet . At one stage this season I hoped the team could win the title but sadly they have come up short yet again , change is needed be it new coaches , forward football thinking board members , new players  , don't see Arsene leaving until his contract is up , interesting as Mangle stated  but the next few months will decide where the club will be in the future either challenging for honours or becoming one of the also rans  just pleased to be mid table and having the occasional cup run  , sound like Silent and Ivan's dream  making money through the gate and not investing in  players . 

On 02/05/2016 at 17:28, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I like Assen Wemger - keep him I say.

I think the club agrees with you older  , but when he does step down  the next appointment will be crucial to which way the club will move ,

Well another season draws in and what happens Danny Wellbeck out for nine months knee injury ,  going back to my post at the beginning will Arsene spend the So called transfer pot?   I know the answer as do we all  ,  our dynamic due Silent Stan and Ivan the terrible , will see another great season for money coming in and profit is God at the Emirates,  nine months time and Arsene will trot out Wellbeck coming back is like a new signing ,  groundhog day .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jamie Vardy?  Not sure on that bid  , he has prem experience  and will actually shoot  but  a short term fix ? Maybe , Arsene seems to be a bit more active early on  , but us gooners have seen it and heard it all before 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well deja vu again for us gooners  more injuries and we haven't kicked a ball in anger , surprise? No  the usual suspects at the Emirates  won't purchase what the club needs to challenge for the league , awaiting with bated breath for Arsene to trot out when , Merts , Gabriel and Wellbeck return  will be like a new signing ,. Groundhog day  .???, Frustrating  .

On 24/05/2016 at 23:46, stevieb said:

Perhaps a wall around our goal ?    

Oops we did it again , conceding 4 at home  Arsene is running out of excuses  it is his team , he has built it he has control of every part of the football side of the club ,  the players are who he has brought in as with the coaches , the buck starts and finishes with him .  I know it's only the first game but not a great start again ,  football has moved on at the top level , I don't like the big money for fees and wages but  it will never go back to the old days  football is now a global brand  , like it or loath it  money talks , same old Arsenal always under achieving .?

21 hours ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Sounds like a Tottenham supporter.

Yes you could be right , much in common , but your team has signed a striker from the Dutch league , we signed  one from Japan , me thinks shirt sales again in Asia ,  , spuds a player who banged in goals  , and lots of Dutch players have adapted to the prem league very easy ,  Berkamp, Van mistletoe  and Van Purse strings, to name some .

Well, we have been here before. Lost the first game, again, at home, again. Scored 3 goals, which is good (only Liverpool outscored us, and only Man Utd matched our goal tally). But we are alone at conceding 4 goals! Bad. Very bad. Look at the players missing.....Mertesacker, Koschelny, Gabriel, Ozil, Wilshere, Welbeck, so not the best start in terms of result or players out, plus more injuries with Ramsey and Iwobi. I am a strong Wenger fan, he knows what he is doing, and there are 37 more games left to get this right. But, it is beginning to look like a change in management is a preferred option. Possibly. We will see. I am hopeful that this season will be a good one, Arsenal have a great squad, and are capable, but could do with less injuries throughout the season, otherwise, I think it will be time for Wenger to move on........

7 minutes ago, Mangle said:

Well, we have been here before. Lost the first game, again, at home, again. Scored 3 goals, which is good (only Liverpool outscored us, and only Man Utd matched our goal tally). But we are alone at conceding 4 goals! Bad. Very bad. Look at the players missing.....Mertesacker, Koschelny, Gabriel, Ozil, Wilshere, Welbeck, so not the best start in terms of result or players out, plus more injuries with Ramsey and Iwobi. I am a strong Wenger fan, he knows what he is doing, and there are 37 more games left to get this right. But, it is beginning to look like a change in management is a preferred option. Possibly. We will see. I am hopeful that this season will be a good one, Arsenal have a great squad, and are capable, but could do with less injuries throughout the season, otherwise, I think it will be time for Wenger to move on........

Deja vue  there methinks.  LOL.

But at this moment

On 15/08/2016 at 21:22, Mangle said:

Injuries have blighted our seasons for a long time ,. The players seem to get over one then come back and are out again ,  the club should have sorted a centre half quicker when they knew the time Merts was going to be out , I have no problem with signing for the future but we needed a defender for now eg Ashley Williams ,. Most fans know what Arsene has done for the club and he will never be forgotten , but perhaps time has passed him by and it maybe time to move upstairs and bring in a hungrier manager with some new fresh ideas , it will be a sad day when he does call time but the fans don't won't his history at the club diminished ,  also the board needs a kick up the jacksies perhaps Silent Stan will sell up and an owner who will back the manager to start winning trophies again instead of earning money for his ranch in the USA .