Cornwall Football Forum

will arsene spend [the so called transfer pot]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in my PL prediction thing I did the other night, I had Leicester down as a draw with WBA tonight. So that was right. I have Arsenal as a home win tomorrow night, and Spurs to lose at West Ham...with Liverpool v City a draw. If Spurs win, they will go top no matter what else happens. I can't take this much longer ......

2 hours ago, Keith B said:

Bad news this morning about Cazorla - come back blighted by Achilles tendon injury. The Gunners aren't the same without him. 

More excuses.

Give it a rest.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Same old Arsenal always passing , found a live stream. hit the bar twice but can't buy a goal  nobody will put a foot through it  so frustrating to watch  pass , pass , pass with no end product  Sanchez looking jaded  , don't know what has happened perhaps Arsene can't motivate this multi millionaire's , even the crowd could sense the Gunners were going to throw it away ,  to many players have dipped at the same time ,  the truth is Arsenal  are not good enough  and it goes back to not buying  a couple of outfield players in the summer and releasing some of the deadwood ,   still games to go but two losses on the bounce is not championship form ,  if we can't raise our game on Saturday we could get stuffed , ..

City ,Spurs , and shot shy Arsenal all lose tonight , doesn't anyone want to win the league , are they all bottlers?

Mostly agree. Not sure who the deadwood is? Looks like Cech was at fault for the second goal. But hey ho. I looked at the PL prediction thing I did, and the real results still kept the top 4 the same, in the same order, but different points of course. I can't see man City winning it. i must have been drinking when I did that! I think Spurs v Arsenal will be a draw Saturday, but as you say, looks like the players have choked, so they could get done over......god I hope not!!

Deadwood perhaps strong maybe injury prone Arteta , Rosicky  , and Flamini who has a low contract , the first two are reminders of Diaby being kept to long , sometimes I think Or get the impression that Arsene is to loyal to his players ,. Theo when he came on was ineffectual  again  for a player on alleged £120 k per week  he isn't cutting it at present , at least Welbeck tried when he came on ,   this is the nearest  and best chance for a long time to have had a go at winning the league , but there doesn't seem to be anyone who wants it at the moment , Arsenal don't have a captain like Tony Adams to drive the team on when the going gets tough ,  so frustrating  for us fans ,  perhaps chance of players , tactics or management is needed for next season , who knows ?  Or do the Arsenal faithful expect the same next year,.

27 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Gutted.:(

Just watched the highlights, COYS muscled out, and second best tonight to an inspired West Ham.

The stats on the game said it all, could have lost by more, good job West Ham left their shooting boots in the dressing room.

We'll just have to beat assenhole then.

Right,lets try and look at the situation,after the midweek games.

All that has happened,is Leicester have gained a point on all its rivals.

So we move onto this weekend.

Leicester away at Watford.Tricky,could drop points.

So a draw in the NLD,is no good to either side.

Man City should win their home game.

All in all ,the NLD is massive.Dont think will be a draw.

My prediction,Watford beat Leicester.Spurs beat Arsenal.

Then this forum could be busy. COYS.

Agreed. If there is a winner in the NLD, it could be the end of the Reds chances for another year, or firmly establish the Lilly Whites as favourites. One must remember also, wrt Leicester, their last 3 games of the season are AWAY to Man Utd, followed by HOME to Everton and lastly AWAY to Chelsea. That is tough, and imo, the toughest last 3 games of all the challengers.... 

Well, a draw suited Arsenal more than Spurs, especially in the circumstances. Both teams are still in the race, with more points to drop. If someone gets a run of 3 or 4 straight wins, that could be the difference. So it's as you were, all be it with one less game, and being a Watford supporter for the rest of the evening!!

2 hours ago, Mangle said:

Well, a draw suited Arsenal more than Spurs, especially in the circumstances. Both teams are still in the race, with more points to drop. If someone gets a run of 3 or 4 straight wins, that could be the difference. So it's as you were, all be it with one less game, and being a Watford supporter for the rest of the eveniev.                Draw is OK  with 10 men  Spuds will be gutted they couldn't see out the game ,  saw about 20 mins of first half and I thought Spurs were on top but Gunners were looking for the counter ,  seen last 10- 15 mins and thought Arsenal were more threatening than Spurs ,  strange and new experience as watched the last bit at Mullions club house and they had sky on with a game and commentary and on another screen the North London  Derby  with no commentary, when Sanchez scored I thought it was disallowed as a whistle went of on the other game  , very surreal moment  ..

Having watched the "highlights" on MOTD, I do have a gripe, and that is the sending off of Dier that didn't happen. Inconsistent refereeing. We all know that should have been a second yellow for him. Terrible officiating. not happy about that.

Agree Mangle ,   but Bellerin also late on could have had a second yellow ,   coquelin  was the right decision  deliberately handling the ball then  completely wiping out Kane , I think the dying swan dive  helped  but then again the media's darling  can do no wrong , he should keep his phantom of the opera mask on every game so he doesn't scare the kids , ha ha 

Older has the home had a trip to the seaside  and they let you go  ? As long as you behaved  ha ha 

Been very quiet from SSS perhaps he has been locked up  after the trouble at White Fart Lane ,    or he was upset as  the spuds couldn't put 10 man  Arsenal  to the sword ,

26 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Older has the home had a trip to the seaside  and they let you go  ? As long as you behaved  ha ha 

Been very quiet from SSS perhaps he has been locked up  after the trouble at White Fart Lane ,    or he was upset as  the spuds couldn't put 10 man  Arsenal  to the sword ,

Escaped mate....can't keep a good man down.

Disappointing draw for me, decent game though....but no good to either of us.

Leicester for the league....the fat girl is only humming on that one as well.

A comfortable win tonight  , but the downside two centre half's go off injured then Ramsey comes. On then has to go off injured ,   two each for Giroud , and Theo  , Hull huffed and puffed but apart from one good save from Ospina the didn't threaten a lot , but as the commentator. Said probably more interested in getting promotion ,  when the game was over a banner was held up when the players went over to the away fans which said Arsene thanks for the memories but time to go ,  ,Wrighty was not impressed about this after the game ,.

Older , Sss  your team took a hell of a beating ,  pub cup hangover   Dortmund  not even an elite European team , wait for it Mangle the excuses ,  what is it young team , ????   Injuries?  Concentrating on the league ?   Don't want to win it ?  The mighty Villa up next  , well you can join in with the big boys next season  Champs league is in touching distance for the spuds unless the chef's at  Spurs are still Gunners supporters ha ha , don't take it to heart just banter  guys  :thumbsup:.

42 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Older , Sss  your team took a hell of a beating ,  pub cup hangover   Dortmund  not even an elite European team , wait for it Mangle the excuses ,  what is it young team , ????   Injuries?  Concentrating on the league ?   Don't want to win it ?  The mighty Villa up next  , well you can join in with the big boys next season  Champs league is in touching distance for the spuds unless the chef's at  Spurs are still Gunners supporters ha ha , don't take it to heart just banter  guys  :thumbsup:.

We were shite. Sooner were out the better for me.

But I don't understand. This is Europes second competition. If you can't field a team in the Europa League because you are concentrating on the PL, how are you going to manage in the CL next year? Concentrate on that, or the league? Obviously both is not possible from what we can see this season. Embarrassing from Spurs. No respect. Look at Liverpool and Man Utd, at least they had the guts to put out proper teams.

Oh dear. I will take a top 4 finish now if it's on offer. Chambers, awful. Really awful. I was quite hopeful when he was signed, but he is going backwards. Sanchez, although people keep having a go, was at least taking the game to the opposition. But, simply not good enough. Well done Watford. I think the Arsenal confidence level is very low, but they need to put a shift in. Didn't see any Arsenal players suffering cramp! Watford took nothing to the dressing room, all left on the pitch. Arsenal players, well, most of them could probably jog around for another 90 minutes! And Gabriel should have had a red card first half. Although the Watford keeper probably should have had a second yellow. But no excuses. Better team performance won, good luck Watford.

3 minutes ago, stevieb said:

Where to now for some of the players ,  I can see a shake up coming.

Watford deserved the win  , no complaints from me , not the Gunners finest hour ,????

HOUR.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same every season,me ol china.

Time for a change.

But it wont happen,because Wenger is on Kronke's payroll,and earning him a fortune.Another ranch,Stan.

Arsene trophy beckons again , Ivan and Silent Stan can count their luchre again at the end of the season ,  a club which is seen as top four in English football  for several seasons if not careful could be left behind next season as utd Chelsea, city will splash the cash and Spurs if they can keep the manager , these teams will not stand still ,  the board in their ivory towers needs to get real with the way football has moved on ,  The Arsenal were seen as the team to copy with the way the club was run , but now it has stagnated , to many old farts at the top .

21 minutes ago, somersetspur said:

HOUR.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same every season,me ol china.

Time for a change.

But it wont happen,because Wenger is on Kronke's payroll,and earning him a fortune.Another ranch,Stan.

Sorry to say but I think the hope for Arsenal is if Usmanov can gain control of the club perhaps Stan might sell if he needs capital for moving his NFL team ,  would be good riddance from me , the club needs football minded people in control , not bloody bean counters , Arsene has a hell of a lot of clout at the club , and a lot of the problem lies at his door ,  his biggest asset at the club was David Dein who masterminded the transfers , Ivan doesn't seem to have the same feel for the game  only the business side , 

7 hours ago, Mangle said:

But I don't understand. This is Europes second competition. If you can't field a team in the Europa League because you are concentrating on the PL, how are you going to manage in the CL next year? Concentrate on that, or the league? Obviously both is not possible from what we can see this season. Embarrassing from Spurs. No respect. Look at Liverpool and Man Utd, at least they had the guts to put out proper teams.

To many games in the europa cup, champions league is easier than the europa cup. Then they get knocked out of CL and get dumped down into the EL so the perceived big boys can have another chance in the CL next season .....load of shite competition - unless you win it!!!

26 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

To many games in the europa cup, champions league is easier than the europa cup. Then they get knocked out of CL and get dumped down into the EL so the perceived big boys can have another chance in the CL next season .....load of shite competition - unless you win it!!!

So you agree with the disrespect Spurs showed? You presumably would like to finish PL top 4, or lower than 6th so that you don't get into this rather difficult competition to win? The CL is easier to win than the Europa. That says it all. You are clearly deranged.

4 hours ago, Mangle said:

So you agree with the disrespect Spurs showed? You presumably would like to finish PL top 4, or lower than 6th so that you don't get into this rather difficult competition to win? The CL is easier to win than the Europa. That says it all. You are clearly deranged.

Anywhere above Assenhole, and I will be hap, hap, happy.

Surely you know I live in cuckoo land.:c:

On 13/03/2016 at 22:13, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Anywhere above Assenhole, and I will be hap, hap, happy.

Surely you know I live in cuckoo land.:c:

Unless Spurs implode , can't see the Gunners catching up the points , will have to get ready for the flak about to come our way , and deserved  better disappear like the utd and Chelski fans ha ha

Dilemma: I know you guys will provide helpful and unequivocal, friendly advice for me. You see, tonight, being a BT customer since this January (due to the rubbish service from TalkTalk), I have the chance to watch Barcelona -v- Arsenal on my TV. However, at 2-0 down, I feel it unlikely that Arsenal will prevail, so I also have the chance to watch Bayern Munich -v- Juventus which as a game finely poised at 2-2, provides my dilemma. Which game to watch? As an Arsenal fan, my heart says Arsenal, but head says Bayern.

So over to you guys...help me out........

1 minute ago, stevieb said:
On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 22:13, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

Couldn't think of anything to say ???

14 hours ago, Mangle said:

Dilemma: I know you guys will provide helpful and unequivocal, friendly advice for me. You see, tonight, being a BT customer since this January (due to the rubbish service from TalkTalk), I have the chance to watch Barcelona -v- Arsenal on my TV. However, at 2-0 down, I feel it unlikely that Arsenal will prevail, so I also have the chance to watch Bayern Munich -v- Juventus which as a game finely poised at 2-2, provides my dilemma. Which game to watch? As an Arsenal fan, my heart says Arsenal, but head says Bayern.

So over to you guys...help me out........

No dilemma there at all.....I'd be watching the mighty Spurs if they were 10 nil down from the first leg, the other game on highlights.

Always, always my team before any others.