Cornwall Football Forum

will arsene spend [the so called transfer pot]

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I should add that this wet weather does not suit the Arsenal way of playing attractive football. Our players expect perfect conditions for their perfect style of play. A huge task to continue performing at this level considering these circumstances.

straight over their heads ha ha ,   extracting the Michael  Mangle what a card you are  .

And I should add that this wet weather does not suit the Arsenal way of playing attractive football. Our players expect perfect conditions for their perfect style of play. A huge task to continue performing at this level considering these circumstances.

straight over their heads ha ha ,   extracting the Michael  Mangle what a card you are  .

Over our heads.??????????????????????????????????

I do believe Mr Wenger ,have used the playing conditions as an excuse after a defeat,in the past.

I could add that we never play well when there is an "r" in the month.

Anyway, thrashed Burnley at the home of exquisite football today in our strong defence of the most treasured club cup in the world. Can't recall the last time we lost in this competition, it was so long ago.

Anyway, thrashed Burnley at the home of exquisite football today in our strong defence of the most treasured club cup in the world. Can't recall the last time we lost in this competition, it was so long ago.

I can remember the last time you lost in the league though - 20 minutes ago.:yahoo:

And the Goons slide,continues.

There is only one team in London that can win the League.

???? Slide  same points as the spuds only goal difference takes you above us  , this must be your  goal be above North London's most successful team ,  good for you  don't see spuds winning league to much history and 55 years of not winning it 

I can remember the last time you lost in the league though - 20 minutes ago.:yahoo:

older another senior moment  Arsenal drew tonight did not lose , perhaps you should take some Penryn spring water with your tipple at night ha ha 

Well played Leicester and city winning , spuds  winning and the gunners managing a draw  only five points separate the top four , Vardy with a cracker Aquero with another ,  Kane with a brace  just shows what a striker brings to a team , as the original post at the top will Arsene spend  and he did not when all gooners know we needed a quality forward nothing  against Giroud  as I rate him but  we needed another forward to give something different , should have bought in the summer ,  fans will say what about Wellbeck but he hasn't played this season and will be rusty when he comes back , and Theo is going through another barren spell , the money was there but we may have missed a chance , with Pep joining city next season and Chelski and utd  throwing money at players to catch up it will be a lot harder to compete ,  a very interesting season and plenty of twists and turns yet  all to play for game on .

And the Goons slide,continues.

There is only one team in London that can win the League.

???? Slide  same points as the spuds only goal difference takes you above us  , this must be your  goal be above North London's most successful team ,  good for you  don't see spuds winning league to much history and 55 years of not winning it 

older another senior moment  Arsenal drew tonight did not lose , perhaps you should take some Penryn spring water with your tipple at night ha ha 

Yes, yes, had to stretch the result a tad to make the post work....didn't think you'd notice.

Anyway, we are above you in the league, and that lets the cockrell crow a bit :yahoo:

Edited by TheolderIgetthebetterIwas

And you can crow goals win games and the Gunners haven't scored in their last three prem league games ,  we are where we are due to not having a back up striker , still not over yet  but we have to get our shooting boots on  and quick to keep pace with those above even utd scored last night  plenty to play for but can't afford to many more slip ups.

And you can crow goals win games and the Gunners haven't scored in their last three prem league games ,  we are where we are due to not having a back up striker , still not over yet  but we have to get our shooting boots on  and quick to keep pace with those above even utd scored last night  plenty to play for but can't afford to many more slip ups.

C.o.c.k. a doodle doooooo :yahoo:

Edited by TheolderIgetthebetterIwas

Well SSS, I wouldn't go as far as to say that West Ham are possible league winners. They're playing well, but that's stretching it. ?

Arsenal are playing well, just not finding the net. That is what's its all about, but I'm not a worried man. Performances are good. Squad is good. Players coming back from injury. We will see.

Not sure what will happen next. Spurs are doing well, I do like their young players (I reckon the boy Carrol is a very good player). And Eriksen, always rated him, one of the best midfielders in the PL. Top 4 for Spurs. Also, Man City are top 4.

I think Arsenal are top 4, but from Leicester, Man U, West Ham, Liverpool and Southampton, not sure. I believe Leicester could hang on in there.....

Well SSS, I wouldn't go as far as to say that West Ham are possible league winners. They're playing well, but that's stretching it. ?

Arsenal are playing well, just not finding the net. That is what's its all about, but I'm not a worried man. Performances are good. Squad is good. Players coming back from injury. We will see.

Not sure what will happen next. Spurs are doing well, I do like their young players (I reckon the boy Carrol is a very good player). And Eriksen, always rated him, one of the best midfielders in the PL. Top 4 for Spurs. Also, Man City are top 4.

I think Arsenal are top 4, but from Leicester, Man U, West Ham, Liverpool and Southampton, not sure. I believe Leicester could hang on in there.....

Fair assessment. :thumbsup:

Well, like I said, the extra games played by the opposition compared to the games played by Leicester could have made a difference. I watched the ManC v Leicester game. Yes, credit Leicester, well done. But, Joe Hart mistake led to 1st goal in my opinion, should have caught the cross not punched. Mahrez (what a player) then did really well. Second goal was very good. Third goal should have been a goal kick, not a corner. ManC were actually the better playing team in the first half, but the energy in the Leicester team was phenomenal. And like I keep saying, their second game to ManC's fourth....

Spurs will face the same issues, fighting on 3 fronts. Leicester have only the PL, nice spread out games. Everything is going in their favour. The  Tinkerman has made less tinkering than any other team this season!

If Arsenal win their next 2 games (away at Bournmouth later today and then home to Leicester) they will be 2 points behind Leicester. This is possible, and I believe quite crucial to Arsenals title ambitions.

Quite a season...

3 hours ago, Mangle said:

Yes, the consequence of "near success". Look at Leicester, if they win the PL this year, or even stay in the top 3, they will be trophyless next season without too much doubt.

Blimey Mangle, I've agreed with two of your recent posts......you may be turning into a Tottenham boy with all this sense you're taliking...COYS

Still gotta catch Leicester. They're on their holidays, and probably tuning into the tv to watch their rivals play in various Euro and FA cup competitions...

Leicesters remaining fixture in Feb: home to Norwich.

Spurs remaining games in Feb: away to Fiorentina, home to Palace, home to Fiorentina, home to Swansea.

Arsenal remaining games in Feb: home to Hull, home to Barcelona, away to Man Utd.

Man City remains games in Feb: away to Chelsea, away to Dynamo Kiev, cup final v Liverpool.

Hmmmm, Leicester City, it seems it is now or never.....

12 hours ago, Mangle said:

Still gotta catch Leicester. They're on their holidays, and probably tuning into the tv to watch their rivals play in various Euro and FA cup competitions...

Leicesters remaining fixture in Feb: home to Norwich.

Spurs remaining games in Feb: away to Fiorentina, home to Palace, home to Fiorentina, home to Swansea.

Arsenal remaining games in Feb: home to Hull, home to Barcelona, away to Man Utd.

Man City remains games in Feb: away to Chelsea, away to Dynamo Kiev, cup final v Liverpool.

Hmmmm, Leicester City, it seems it is now or never.....

EXCUSES.

When you win games of football of massive importance,you just want to get out and play again.

I was at the Etihad on Sunday,and the Spurs players was so highly pumped,they could have played another 90 mins.

With our squad,strength and depth,we have no excuses.

Targets at the start of the season were top four and a Cup.

We are way ahead,and have our best chance,for 50 years.

Lets bring on the games thick and fast,Poch wont let us die wondering.

COYS.

I haven't made an excuse. I've made an observation. That's all. Merely looking at what's on. I do believe Leicester have an advantage in terms of games coming up (to be played). But I agree with you that momentum is key. Spurs are on a roll, and like you say, are probably chomping at the bit waiting for the next game. Man City are probably the opposite, and want a rest to gather their thoughts. Whether a rest will be good for Leicester or not we will see. My point is that Leicester have done so well this season that it is probably now or never for them. It is also interesting that they have managed to field only 17 different outfield players in the league this season. That is quite something.

4 minutes ago, Mangle said:

I haven't made an excuse. I've made an observation. That's all. Merely looking at what's on. I do believe Leicester have an advantage in terms of games coming up (to be played). But I agree with you that momentum is key. Spurs are on a roll, and like you say, are probably chomping at the bit waiting for the next game. Man City are probably the opposite, and want a rest to gather their thoughts. Whether a rest will be good for Leicester or not we will see. My point is that Leicester have done so well this season that it is probably now or never for them. It is also interesting that they have managed to field only 17 different outfield players in the league this season. That is quite something.

You are starting to sound more and more like Wenger every day.

Or you could have said something more intelligent like "but Leicesters next opponents, Norwich, also only have one game left in February, and being involved in a relegation battle, will be up for the game with Leicester big time, with the same amount of time off between games, it will be a tought game".

But I guess that would be too much to ask. Proper debate etc.

Perhaps I should stick to your levels. Here we go.....

Arsenal will win and be the bestest team in London because we have great players and pass the ball and score goals. We are ace and better than the other teams. Yeah. Spurs, sorry, Spuds, and Chelsea, sorry Che£ski, are just rubbish and try to copy Arsenal because we are the best.

Does that help?

10 hours ago, Mangle said:

Or you could have said something more intelligent like "but Leicesters next opponents, Norwich, also only have one game left in February, and being involved in a relegation battle, will be up for the game with Leicester big time, with the same amount of time off between games, it will be a tought game".

But I guess that would be too much to ask. Proper debate etc.

Perhaps I should stick to your levels. Here we go.....

Arsenal will win and be the bestest team in London because we have great players and pass the ball and score goals. We are ace and better than the other teams. Yeah. Spurs, sorry, Spuds, and Chelsea, sorry Che£ski, are just rubbish and try to copy Arsenal because we are the best.

Does that help?

Oh dear.Intelligent Gooner wanting a debate.Do me a favour.

See what I mean.

Exactly like Wenger.

Agreed. Although I don't think it's as clear cut as everyone thinks, I do not think Arsenal will beat Barcelona. So that will ease the fixture list. Poor performance by Hull today. Lacked anything, and gave nothing to the game. Arsenal dominated, had possession, shots, territorial position, just lacked that little bit of luck to squeeze the ball over the line. If they got one, it would have been more as Hull would have had to try to get forward. Hull are top of the Championship, and pushing to get into the Premier League. God it will be boring watching them play away from home next year if that's their plan.

12 minutes ago, Mangle said:

Agreed. Although I don't think it's as clear cut as everyone thinks, I do not think Arsenal will beat Barcelona. So that will ease the fixture list. Poor performance by Hull today. Lacked anything, and gave nothing to the game. Arsenal dominated, had possession, shots, territorial position, just lacked that little bit of luck to squeeze the ball over the line. If they got one, it would have been more as Hull would have had to try to get forward. Hull are top of the Championship, and pushing to get into the Premier League. God it will be boring watching them play away from home next year if that's their plan.

Football is about results.Arsene.

If you didn't see the game, the Arseblog always gives a brief review of player performances after the game. You may get the idea here......

13: David OspinA

He was in goal. Wearing gloves.

21: Calum Chambers

He is a very handsome young man who can't run as fast as Hector Bellerin. However, that's true of pretty much all of us, so he shouldn't feel bad about it.

4: Per Mertesacker

His name is an anagram of Racketeer Sperm, and for all he was troubled today, he could have been running his under the counter spunk operation from the pitch.

6: Laurent Koscielny

He should know by now not to give Mike Dean any excuse to send you off, and perhaps he got a bit lucky with that second half slide, but that doesn't mean Dean isn't a ***** because he is.

3: Kieran Gibbs

I like turtles.

20: Mathieu Flamini

Pointy Matt Oh pointy pointy Anoint my head, anointy-nointy

35: Mohamed Elneny

Will be serious with this, he looked tidy enough, and a little more ambitious than his last appearance. And yes, we'll sort his picture out.

45: Alex Iwobi

He's good.

28: Joel Campbell

Very unlucky not to score, denied by the fingertips of the Hull keeper

14: Theo Walcott

Imagine a world without chimneys. Where would we be then?

23: Danny WelbecK

Nice to see him start again, the minutes will do him good.

17: Alexis Alexis

WHO ARE YOU? YOU'RE NOT MY REAL ALEXIS.

12: Olivier Giroud

Made a great chance for the Ox from which he should have scored.

15: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain

Bar the shot he made a bollix of, hardly involved at all.

Just got home from a lovely day at the Eden Project with the missis and little un, and the icing on the cake is that Palace BEAT Spurs at WHL. Ha ha ha ha. Come on, "ease the fixture congestion", I merely mention some facts about fixtures a few posts ago, and get accused of making excuses and all sorts. You lot really are pathetic. And so is your team. Now trying to prioritise your wish list. Ha ha ha ha ha. Priceless. Keep it up fellas. Keep it up. I'm settling down to watch the 6th round draw, but I think Countryfile is on the other side for you lot to watch.

7 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Surprise,surprise. Wenger wants Cup replays scrapped.

WRONG!

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35612814

Where do you get your misinformation from ?

On 16 February 2016 at 11:46, somersetspur said:

EXCUSES.

When you win games of football of massive importance,you just want to get out and play again.

With our squad,strength and depth,we have no excuses.

Lets bring on the games thick and fast....

Ha ha. Spot on. Today then, no excuses. Palace beat Spurs, they must have been the better team. Hungrier. Fitter. Better.

Watched the first half and in my opinion Arsenal was trying to score the perfect goal and used one to many passes even the crowd were shouting shoot at the players when they got around the edge of the box , didn't see the second half ,went to Holman's with Hayle combo ,my daughter texted me the result  was surprised  but they have another go , big task ahead against Barca but if you want to progress you have to beat the best  over two legs in with a chance but the Gunners will have to play there best game and concentrate for both games , the main problems over the last few games is lack of goals , that is one thing Barca don't worry about , as Greavsie used to say its a funny old game .

11 hours ago, somersetspur said:

Surprise,surprise.

Wenger wants Cup replays scrapped.

Probably not used to going away from home.

Mind you that atmosphere yesterday must have inspired the Goons.lol.

Was surprised sss I was sure I read Arsene wants to continue the traditions of the FA cup  perhaps the surprise of being second in the league and a good chance to win it  has addled your mind , could understand if it was older as he even forgot spurs owner ( ha ha )  now the young spuds  can have a rest  from the fa cup for another year .

7 minutes ago, TheolderIgetthebetterIwas said:

I'd rather have beat Palace, and get out the europa league nonsense...unless we win it of course.

I would think you have a good chance in the pub cup , at least to got there on merit not like some who got rewarded for being knocked out of the Champs league.

Barcelona up for the Goons.

Looking at this from a Spurs view,what do we want.First we dont want the Goons winning f&&l  all.

Now providing there is no upset,the Goons are out.But for Spurs would it be better if they stayed in.

Im sure Wenger would make the Champions League priority,if they beat Barcelona and had a chance to win it.Look good on his CV.

Maybe get to the final and lose.?????????

Plus with the Hull replay,and a nice home draw, AGAIN.The goons fixture list pile up would continue for a lot longer.

That could only be a good thing for Leicester and Spurs.

Would just have to listen to all the usual Gooner bulls&&t for a month or so longer.

At last, something that contains a modicum of sensible analysis. Bravo SSS. I think the same, and your loss on Sunday was exquisite as the FA Cup surely saw a more realistic chance of silverware than the Europa. Now that chance has gone, you'll be up for the Europa even more, and there are still about 70 games left in that competition until you get to the final!!! Wonderful, with international travel etc, unlike the domestic FA Cup, the longer you stay in that, the better. And yes, good draw for Arsenal if we get past Hull.

OK, here we go. The teams are walking out at the Emirates. I can feel Spurs supporters fingers limbering up for the keyboard assault in 90 minutes time....or will the Gunners hold their own, and allow a few more days of banter before the exit from the CL for another year........