Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Rubber Soul

Newquay Ladies rumour

Thats funny :lol: I thought a few of the ladies committee didn't know anything about the move (stated in another post on here somewhere) :unsure: But if its good for Truro opps sorry i mean Cornish football then good luck to them :thumbsup:

Guest Peppermint

At least we agree on one thing Xembla - it was disgraceful that the Committee of Newquay Football Club was not informed and had to read it in the press.

Yes Newquay Ladies were courted previously but did not go at that juncture.

The Newquay Ladies Website states that the girls teams will remain at Newquay - big deal and very good of them. However the Committee at Newquay Football Club might not agree with that after all they were not even consulted before these grand plans were formulated.

This is obviously a done deal but at the end of the day it just leaves a nasty taste in the mouth about how it was done without any consulation except through the media.

Also to announce that one more match will be played at Mount Wise and then the next at Truro is a bit of a cheek to say the least.

This decision was obviously taken without the full knowledge of some Ladies Committee members and that surely is totally wrong!

Guest Chairman NLFC

To all forum members.

Unfortunately NLFC are not able to financially support a National League football club. Truro City have been aware of this situation for some time now and approached us with a fantastic offer, hopefully to secure the future of National League Womens Football in Cornwall. I contacted our committee members to see for a yes or no answer to their proposal, the Committee were 100% in agreement that this was the best option for our Ladies Senior Teams. I then phoned the Chairman of Newquay Football Club who was very supportive of the new venture and understood that the decision was for financial reasons. We then contacted Truro City with our answer, from start to finish this process has all been done above board and through the appropriate channels. I apologise if some people had to find this out via the medium of the local press, as far as we were concerned it was not our responsibility to cascade the news to committee members of Newquay (mens) football club as we went to the Club Chairman directly.

Now we can financially support and expand the Junior Teams of NLFC which is highly important for the Youth of the area. Do we regret having to move.............Yes! Are we looking forward to our new venture............Yes! I hope this clears up some of the misinformation and rumours surrounding the move.

This is my first time posting anything on this forumb but your comments and arguements make interesting reading.

Keep up the good work!

Guest Man on the Post

Following NL chairman's posting I am sure that Peppermint is, at this moment, drafting an apology to Newquay Ladies and Truro City. :D

Guest Peppermint

Firstly - thank to the Chairman of NLFC for coming onto the Forum and putting a viewpoint.

A few observations - I understand that not all of your Committee was consulted. Secondly I understand that the Newquay Football Club Chairman was informed in the late afternoon the day before the news broke in the Guardian. Newquay AFC had a committee meeting only two days before and surely this was known then and it would have been much better to have told the committee at that juncture.

I realise that the Newquay chairman could have told at least the senior members of his committee but choose not to do so - another mistake!

At the end of the day it is a done deal and life goes on. Best wishes for the rest of the season but I will just add that in hindsight it could have been handled in a more sensitive manner. After all Mount Wise has been your home since the beginning.

I have just seen Man on the Post's posting and as usual it contains nothing of interest and when is he going to post something of substance.

If you read my posting then you will realise there is always two sides to every story and it could have been handled better.

Still - MOTP - loyalty and the right way of doing things means nothing to you as long as Truro City get their own way and you ride rough shod over everybody!

statment from alan metters

first i feel this is the time to answer any rumours that are being spread around by people who most cerntly are not in the know and will be the only time i reply to these, first like it or not people move around in football players leave and so do managers i left truro and repeat left truro city ladies because i was informed by the club that goonhavern ladies would be joining us with warren and his coaches comming into the management structure this is something i felt i could not work with, its as simple as that and nothing else so i made a personal choice to continue with the senior guys at godolphin which grows stronger every season. i simply felt with guys like ronni barr and colin we had all we needed to be successfull. i had a fantastic season at truro and wish them every success in the future ,we all join clubs with our eyes open and every one moves on at some point im sorry warren struggled to hold on to any players but they are all grown ups and make their own choices ,anita and a few others on here i was told to read this forum today and have enjoyed it very much but please stop saying you are in the know when there was only chris webb and myself at our discussion, and then these silly rumours about an incident please grow up and lets keep football at the forfront so i will finish with this i feel newquay have out grown their set up at mountwise and will always struggle simply because of the travelling they need to do in the higher league, every senior guys team has had to struggle with the same problem when successfull so a move to truro is a brave but much needed step to take and im sure the guys thought long and hard about it but lets get off their backs and support them they have made their choice and i support them for going and troro city for accepting them the one thing i learnt about ladies football in cornwall was it needs to be dragged forward and stop this petty jealousy when clubs become successfull yes players will want to join them and thats how football works , after starting at minor then truro in 3 years we won 9 competions and ended up with 8 county under18s and 3 full county plaayers that people is football always improving never settling for the last result its the next one which is the most important one so good luck newquay i mean truro city i know ill be watching and supporting them and quietly pleased i helped in making a few of the players understand football alan metters

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

As usual, the tables are being turned so that Truro are made to be the saviours of Cornish football - they are most certainly not !

Newquay AFC members created the Ladies and nutured them until they were in a position to look after themselves. As with all youngsters, they returned 'home' when they needed to (to play matches) and Mother Newquay allowed them the freedom to come and go as they pleased, using the ground/clubhouse whenever they required it.

Here is a story which may or may not be connected.....

The parents were not consulted when the youngster decided they liked the look of the rich flash git in his shiny suit, and got a rude awakening when the announcement of their engagement was published in the local press - lo and behold, they have even got plans to live together without a word to the doting parents who spent much time, effort and money bringing the child up. Im my day, the gent concerned had to ask the permission of the parents for their daughters hand in marraige, now he picks them up like a curb-crawler would a hooker.

Kids today eh !

Do you know what?I just cant believe some of the things that are said on this thread.People were crying out for someone from the N.L.F.C. to come on to the forum and explain why the ladies team were moving to Truro to play,and when the chairman of the club comes on and explains the reasons,which I thought would be obvious to most people,(finance).Some people are still not satisfied even when it comes straight from the horses mouth.

Cant you get it into your heads,that the chairman of Truro City is not a monster,he is helping this team of ladies to play football at the higher level,and thanks to Newquay A.F.C and the hard work that they have put in over the years,i think they deserve it.I think most will agree,to play at this level with all the traveling that is involved they do need financial backing.And by what I have read I think they do really appreciate what Newquay A.F.C. have done for them over the years.So why don't we all wish them the best of luck in there new venture and put an end to all the why's and what for's.

KIT 65.

If it was just financial why not just give them money in the form of sponsorship instead of them going to Truro and changing their name.

They could have stayed at Newquay and wore shirts with Heany's name on them, had his company splattered all over their programmes, boards around the ground, etc instead.

No TCFC always have an ulteria motive, getting funding for their new stadium by saying look we've got a Ladies Football team who play National League football, help us please with grants.

Heany and his accounts have sat down together and worked out it will cost say £30,000 a year to run the ladies team but they can gain say at least £1,000,000 in funding cos of them.

TCFC are not helping Newquay Ladies, it's the ladies helping Truro save a few quid and most people can't see it!

Guest L Binzo

Whilst I would never like to see to see a similar circumstance at any level or gender at my own club.

There is a link (with the Newquay situation) to every level of football (both ladies and mens) in Cornwall as to what has happened.

The Newquay Ladies teams chose to move (though on block) to a club who offered (in their perspective) an alleged better situation. My sympathies are with Newquay.

Every day this happens (unfortunately), on this forum and others we read about so called illegal approaches, players approaching bigger clubs and / or players wanting a game speaking to geographically close clubs.

The only difference (in this instance) is that this is an entire club structure is moving.

Whereas the truro mens team picked all the players that they wanted for their team from across the county and further they were unable to do this with ladies due to lack of teams so they just took the best team thus being newquay!

Judge, it was not that long ago you were posting on here inflaming the situation at Newquay, you were the only one allowed an opinion on the appointment of the management team, according to you everything at Newquay was undemocratic, now you are spouting an opposite view that structure wise everything in the garden is rosy, obviously it is not and you CANNOT blame Truro City for the failings at your club. You have at Newquay reaped what you have sewn (Unrest).

The Ladies section have done well at Newquay, in fact, they have outgrown you, for them to compete at the level they are now requires vast amounts of money, money that would not be available anywhere else in Cornwall, the move to Truro means a Cornish club can for the first time compete at NATIONAL level, surely those slating Truro City wouldn't like every ambitious club to go into reverse if they are likely to achieve something.

NOT FOR ME POSTING IN RED TO SIGNIFY BULLY TACTICS, POSTING IN RED DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE RIGHT AND THE REST OF US WRONG.

I would suggest inflated MALE ego's at Newquay was more responsible for the ladies move than any influence from Truro.

I would suggest inflated MALE ego's at Newquay was more responsible for the ladies move than any influence from Truro.

Errrrrr nope wrong guess again :P

Even though i am disapointed to see what is a hugely successful team leave Newquay, I wish the ladies and the managment all the best in thier new home. :drink:

I think its very sad that a whole team leave due to money shortage, and still i personally think if Truro where doing this for the good of Cornish football they would sponsor the team not "take" (i use that word very lightly) the team. I'm sure it look better for Cornish football if there was more then 1 Cornish team on the national circuit (not sure if thats the right word). It would give "outside" supporters more then one choice (again just what i think). ^_^

Again i wish the Newquay ladies all the best for the rest of the season and hope they do well at thier new home :thumbsup::drink:

P.S Truro you better look after them or they'll be trouble :P

P.P.S That was a joke before i get loads of hate "your anti -Truro mail" :thumbsup:

I'm not sure which Planet you are from Mountaineer, but I hope that your short visit to Earth is a pleasant one and you have a safe journey home.

At what point Sir, did I say or indicate all was rosy in the garden of Newquay ? I have knocked the committee when I feel they have done wrong and occasionally praised them (ok, very rarely) but this was none of their doing. Newquay Ladies having been courted by Truro for years finally caved in when a great wad of cash was waved at them, everyone in Cornish football knows Heaneys motives, to gain funding and planning permission for the ever decreasing amount of seats at the Cornish National Sports Facility or whatever the name of it is this week.

Truro move for Newquay Ladies is a political one not a footballing one and how many politicians do you trust ?

FYI - the reason I write in RED is all in the name, the large fonts so that those with vision probs can also read my pearls of wisdom - not sure about being a bully, but if I ever meet you, I will take your dinner money !

I'm not sure which Planet you are from Mountaineer, but I hope that your short visit to Earth is a pleasant one and you have a safe journey home.

At what point Sir, did I say or indicate all was rosy in the garden of Newquay ? I have knocked the committee when I feel they have done wrong and occasionally praised them (ok, very rarely) but this was none of their doing. Newquay Ladies having been courted by Truro for years finally caved in when a great wad of cash was waved at them, everyone in Cornish football knows Heaneys motives, to gain funding and planning permission for the ever decreasing amount of seats at the Cornish National Sports Facility or whatever the name of it is this week.

Truro move for Newquay Ladies is a political one not a footballing one and how many politicians do you trust ?

FYI - the reason I write in RED is all in the name, the large fonts so that those with vision probs can also read my pearls of wisdom - not sure about being a bully, but if I ever meet you, I will take your dinner money !

pearls of wisdom,my ass,if you knew what a LOT of newquay,fans and comittee think of you ,you wouldnt go to the games letalone defend them,why dont you just fly back to canvey island,and make LOTS of people happy :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: :yahoo:

Well blow me, a constructive reply from a so called Truro fan........ No humour on Planet Heaney, just the usual personal attacks when they have no answer to the truth.

Heaney has his agenda and is happy to do anything to get his way. Any newcomer to Treyew Road needs to visit a sheep shearer and have that wool removed from their eyes, the others have been blinded by bull$hit, which explains the stench (of corruption) you can smell coming from that part of town.

Truro City are just a small time Wimbledon, enjoy your days in the sun before you disappear for good.

Guest Robbie

Some interesting postings on this subject, but I suppose anything to do with TCFC stirs all kinds of emotions within us all. I've got to the stage whereby I find it almost comical now. Anyhow, I do have my own views on what is happening at Treyew road. On the subject of the ladies fiasco, & that's exactly what this seems to be. The Newquay ladies have been hugely succesfull over the last few years, maybe not bringing any revenue to the Mount Wise coffers, but nevertheless bringing some much needed silverware to the much respected club. If this move is not purely for financial reasons, why on earth are they doing it? You only have to look at the other two sides who have been banished into oblivion as Mandy rightly said. Tommy said about the young Newquay girls who aspired to pulling on a peppermint shirt, where do they go now? It seems to be too easy for ladies teams to up sticks & become someone else, almost overnight! Penzance ladies were Truro once & if my memory serves me right Illogan prior to that!! I don't think the whole of the blame should be levelled at TCFC in this instance. Kevin has a goal for his club & he will aim towards that, he has the financial clout & if he wants to throw money at it that's up to him. I don't like the way some things have been done since his taking over & I know, as I've seen it first hand, and have told him so to his face. We all know progress has to be made & nobody would argue with that, but I think there are ways of doing things properly & in a decent manner. This is'nt a huge metropolis down here & many people, like me don't like to see ordinary decent people get shafted by some smartass, who does it because they can. I hope this is'nt the case with the ladies, but obviously someone loses out, at the moment it seems to be Newquay FC, they seem to have been shown no loyalty by their team. Has someone or somebodies from Newquay said something that's driven them away? Is it greed & the thought of the money? Or is it TCFC flexing the financial muscles? We probably won't get to know the real truth, but it is sad for the genuine followers of Newquay, the youngsters that Tommy mentioned, and for Newquay FC themselves. Ladies I hope you've made the right decision, or will you go down the same route as Goonhavern & St Columb? Progress eh, don't you just love it!! :c:

Newquay Ladies AFC were founded by the main football club members and have been welcome at Mount wise ever since. Once the Ladies started to dominate Cornish football, those in charge of the Ladies team took over the running and never looked back - no one would have beleived that promotion to such a high level would have been possible in such a short period of time. Yes money is huge factor, coach costs and overnight stays have been the norm for the last couple of seasons but through sponsorship and grants, the Ladies managed to compete.

Truro on the otherhand, have shown they can't run a ladies side and have destroyed two others in proving it - they have therefore bought themselves a club who could have probably got by without them, especially when you consider the Ladies crowds against the top sides have all been in excess of 1,000 at Mount Wise (Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd etc), they would have become self funding without a doubt.

Truros motives are not footballing but will no doubt fund them until the hotel/houses/offices have been built. in fact Heaney may see the Ladies as a cash machine as they will attract bigger crowds when they reach the National Premier League, certainly bigger than the mens team will do on a regular basis - clever businessman that Heaney bloke !

Newquay Ladies AFC may well resurface once they are allowed to use their own name again, thus allowing local girls the chance to play for their home town team. Those at Mount Wise are not bitter and wish the girls all the best for the future, they just don't like the way things were done behind the backs of the parent club.

A great club, who were well looked after at Mount Wise and loved by the locals, lets hope that all that Truro have promised is delivered and they become the major force that they deserve to be. Newquay AFC members can be proud of what they created, now lets concentrate on the mens football and onwards and upwards.

Well blow me, a constructive reply from a so called Truro fan........ No humour on Planet Heaney, just the usual personal attacks when they have no answer to the truth.

Heaney has his agenda and is happy to do anything to get his way. Any newcomer to Treyew Road needs to visit a sheep shearer and have that wool removed from their eyes, the others have been blinded by bull$hit, which explains the stench (of corruption) you can smell coming from that part of town.

Truro City are just a small time Wimbledon, enjoy your days in the sun before you disappear for good.

just the usual personal attacks,what a prat you are,just scroll done your posts,and then tell me thats not what you do to any one to do with tcfc,like i said why dont you go back to your beloved canvey island mate :angry: :angry:

I have replied personally to Truros Mr Mingebag, sorry if that is too personal but hey, lets all get dragged down to TCFC level.

You and your so-called fans of the saviours of Cornish Football have contributed absolutely nothing worthwhile to this debate. I assume that you are either too pig headed to accept the truth that Heaney is not doing this for the benefit of Cornish Football, or that you have your head so far up his a r s e you cannot see what is painfully obvious to the rest of the footballing world. Either way, you have shown yourselves to be true idiots and perhaps we should have some sympathy with your parents, your children and anyone associated with you because you must be so goddam boring to be around.

Now toddle off and go and play with the big boys of the Western League.

I have replied personally to Truros Mr Mingebag, sorry if that is too personal but hey, lets all get dragged down to TCFC level.

You and your so-called fans of the saviours of Cornish Football have contributed absolutely nothing worthwhile to this debate. I assume that you are either too pig headed to accept the truth that Heaney is not doing this for the benefit of Cornish Football, or that you have your head so far up his a r s e you cannot see what is painfully obvious to the rest of the footballing world. Either way, you have shown yourselves to be true idiots and perhaps we should have some sympathy with your parents, your children and anyone associated with you because you must be so goddam boring to be around.

Now toddle off and go and play with the big boys of the Western League.

Well Judge,with a reply like that,you have sunk as low as you can get.What gives you the right to insult the chairman of T.C.F.C. and all the supporters of the club?There must be something really troubleing you about the club,it's that bad you must have trouble sleeping at night.The only reason that I can think of is jealousy of the clubs ambitions and what they have achieved in the past couple of seasons.Yes I am a Truro supporter that you have found fit to insult,but I pity you for that.I like the majority come onto this forum because I have a genuine interest in Cornish football.Never in my life have I ever slagged off or insulted another team or it's supporters,I don't think anyone who visits this forum has the right to do that,in fact i'm surprised the administrator's of this forum allowed such a reply.

KIT 65.

Having trawled through all the views and opinions on this subject I think its perhaps its time to let it rest until the next installment or event concerning the subject.

It is great that so many users of this forum have an opinion on this subject - but is perhaps a shame it has degenerated into the later stages that it has.

I would like to state that those who have levelled reasoned criticism towards Truro over this latest venture are not necessarily jealous or rivals of the club. I am a Truro girl and as, if not more, Cornish than a lot posting on here on this subject. I have no axe to grind with Truro City - I do not hate the club but I will never understand how having already failed at Ladies Football having taken in 2 Ladies clubs from St Columb and Goonhavern already that Truro's actions are for the best in Cornish Football.

I wish Newquay lots more success wherever they end up!

I have picked out the following from the Newquay Ladies website:

'1st Team

One of only two Female Soccer Clubs in the South of England with F.A.Development Status. Newquay Ladies FC boasts 18 F.A. qualified coaches and is one of the only clubs in the country that does NOT charge for training. Having National Charity, Non-Profit Status, Newquay Ladies FC is one of the most successful, all-female clubs in the South West of England. There are currently 9 age-group teams, all playing year-round in competitive leagues, from U-6 yrs through to our famously successful adult team.

Our Mission:

To be the focal point for all activities of the famous Newquay Ladies Football Club in Newquay, Cornwall, England.'

A proud club - proud of being at Newquay and rightly proud of their achievements in the name of Newquay.

It seems such a sad day to give up that mantle to simply provide another bow to the Truro City armour.

If Truro had really been interested in the future of Ladies Football in Cornwall then I seriously believe they would've started a brand new ladies section from scratch - to increase the number of teams in Cornwall and provide more teams and more opportunities for more Ladies to play - not, in effect, take away 4 teams from other clubs as they have done. But they have done it the easy way - which they could do because of their financial backing.

I hope that Newquay will be successful at Truro - and that no more ladies squads go by the wayside - hopefully with the same supportive managerial network following them from Newquay to Truro they will be well looked after and monitored and I hope that Mr Heaney provides for them everything that has been promised to have enticed them to make this huge step.

Let's not all fall out over something that is a done deal - but please Truro followers accept that some of the things going on may not necessarily be in the total interest of Cornish Football and that just because some of us reason our concerns it really does not mean we hate Truro etc......

Guest Peppermint

What an excellent posting by Aggiemaid. I agree wholeheartedly with everything said and it is certainly time to move on and what is done is done.