Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Rubber Soul

Newquay Ladies rumour

Guest Urban Spaceman

truro wanted fans to do that walk thing to get plans 4 there new complex why dont fans walk on treyew road in protest

I'm looking forward to see what Allforone has to say on this matter, as it was him who PM'd me a few days ago asking about this rumour. No idea why he PM'd me when it seems he already knew :wacko:

Guest ggr_garth

I presume that the link with Godolphin was because of Alan Metters the former Truro City ladies manager and Godolphin trainer? You didn't really hear much in pre-season about why Truro dispensed of his services to my memory.

I presume that the link with Godolphin was because of Alan Metters the former Truro City ladies manager and Godolphin trainer? You didn't really hear much in pre-season about why Truro dispensed of his services to my memory.

I know why they dispensed of his services :P

Guest Rubber Soul

Come on then, Anita, spill the beans. We don't want to be dealing in rumours, do we? Perhaps you should wait until something official is said - as you suggested to me last night!!

Rubber Soul, what i was told was said to me by an offical from Truro and unlike you i am not gonna be posting it on here. Somethings i think should not be made public knowledge unless the person in question himself wants it to be. Which i'm sure if he did he would of done so by now. :drink:

Guest Rubber Soul

Quite agree, Anita. It is a private matter, which is why I was surprised you came on with your mischievous post, saying you knew the reason why he left.

What I posted last night came via a good source, who turns out to have been spot on. Isn't this one of the reasons for this Forum - for individuals to inform those who love football and care about their Cornish teams, when something like Newquay's move to Truro is in the air.

If we wait for official announcements from people who run our clubs, we'll never hear about anything which is going on behind the scenes - when we, as supporters, have a right to know.

If I hear future whispers, and I decide they are genuine enough to share with Cornish Soccer Forum regulars, I will do so.

I am personally very sorry that Newquay Ladies have decided to move to Truro, and surprised by the way those who run the team broke the news. But the Soccer Forum shouldn't ignore the issue, just because it wasn't official. Remember President Nixon and All The President's Men? Maybe you're too young - but basically the media's hounding eventually led to the downfall of a disgraced man.

Guest Man on the Post

Blimey Rubber Soul, are you really comparing this story to the Watergate scandal? :wacko: You really ought to get out more. :D

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

I wish to make it clear, that some info I had regarding a member of the committee quitting a few weeks ago may have been linked someway into what has happened was incorrect, and I am happy to retract my statement. My apologies to the person concerned have been made personally and now on this forum.

The feeling around the club tonight, is that the whole situation whilst a certainty to happen one day, has been badly handled by the Truro City owner and his minions and those involved with Newquay Ladies management. Some of the players are understood to be annoyed at what they see as 'their' club being ripped apart by some tw@t up the road so that he can have a full set of teams to play with.

I have suggested to our chairman, that Newquay AFC submit a bill to Newquay Ladies (Truro City) AFC for the use of facilities for the past 7 years. Maybe then we would see how much Heaney wants them if he has to cough up more than the £30k promised to the Ladies management to operate for the remainder of this season.

Truro City are a disgrace to Cornish football and whatever they do will never benfit anyone except Heaney and his toys.

Once again everyone are putting the boot in on Truro City A.F.C and Kevin Heaney.Every one is saying that

Truro are doing nothing for Cornish football.I for one will disagree.Truro winning the F.A. Vase (the only Cornish side to ever win an F.A. trophy) has put Cornish soccer on the map.Now that they are playing in the Western League Premier division we are at last seeing some decent teams visiting our County which is long overdue.

I know it's early days yet,but I think one day Kevin Heaney will be remembered for the good he has done for

Cornish football,not the way he is portrayed by most on this forum.Let's be honest about it.,he is the only person that I can remember that is prepared to put his money where is mouth is when it comes to football in this County.And may I add,any team men or ladies who had the ambition to climb the the higher leagues in

football,what other clubs in Cornwall apart from Truro City could finance this.So come on give the man and the club the credit it deserves.

KIT 65

This is really more about taking a chance to abuse Truro City -- which is fine from rivals, but it'd be better if it were honest.

Maybe those responsible for Newquay Ladies came to Truro and asked for a new home, maybe as a successful side they wanted to associate with other ambitious folks, maybe they wanted to be a part of all that new planning, maybe Heaney didn't so much lure them away as caught them when they jumped? Face it -- no matter how it was handled, Truro would've been in the wrong and would be in for some bile.

I know I'm one of those "new" fans that are so annoying (how dare Clubs get new fans!) and maybe I've been unwise in some of my postings trying to defend City (what was it Keane said this week, 'there's a fine line between loyalty and stupidity'?), but I fail to imagine under what circumstances you'd _not_ have a go at City -- because there's never been an example!

Mr Chairman I am delighted to see you interested and constructive in this subject! Thank you!

It would be great to see Newquay start their own Ladies structure up again - hard work I know but it would provide for the girls in that area - especially as St Columb Ladies and Goonhavern Ladies already left that neighbouring locality and Newquay Ladies are now off the same way! Obviously any of the Ladies clubs including us would welcome any grass roots players but its a long way for youngsters to travel when it could've been on their doorstep.

Guest Peppermint

I thought it would not be long before Xembla reared his head to defend City. It does matter to him what the true facts are but just make them up as he goes along to suit his slant.

A previous posting about Truro's lack of public relations acumen says it all. Surely with all the money sloshing about they could have some better PR personnel.

Xembla makes no mention of the harm done to people who have worked for Newquay Football Club for over fifty years having to read in a newspaper what had been agreed. Apparently some members of the Ladies Committee were not aware of the decision. How is that for Democracy.

Xembla - sensitive soul that he must be bangs on about poor City and the abuse. If that is the case try and conduct matters in a more civilised and correct manner. He obviously has no idea about what really happened but still what he does not know he makes up!

How representative of Ladies(Girls) Football are Newquay. My impression is that they are imported in for elitism rather than providing Football for locals. So there must be plenty of opportunity to re-start at local level.

Lets face it, the rest of Cornish Football are still to see the benefits that Truro are bringing to the Cornish game. So far it would seem that they've done more harm than good to the rest of the county.

How many seasons will it be before they field a team comprising of players all from out of the county because the ones local aren't good enough for the level? ie: Southern Prem or whatever its called.

If a club do things well and are successful then I'm all for that, but lets face it, its Mr Heaney building it, it could have been any club should he have chosen a different one to invest in!! Falmouth, Newquay, St Blazey, Porthleven, would have won the Vase last year if he had invested in them!

Actually, "invest" is the wrong word, cos he isn't going to make anything from success on the pitch, however, if and when Truro move, houses, hotel, then the investment comes to fruit!!

As for the ladies, all the plaudits and spectators that Newquay have been getting, well, will it continue as Truro City ladies?

Guest Peppermint

There are a few local girls in the First Team squad but Mr Chairman is correct that most have now been imported in from far and wide.

The underhand way it was carried out is the annoying part for Newquay folk.

Guest Man on the Post

Well said Xembla, spot on with your comments as usual. :clapper: :thumbsup:

Just a quick question for the Admins. Now that Newquay ladies have moved to Truro will they be getting thier own sub-forum like the men????? If not don't you think thats a bit unfair on the ladies after all they will be doing this for the good of Cornish Football. And i'm sure everyone can see from this topic there IS a interest in ladies football. :c: :D

[head rears up]

But Peppermint, I was taking my cue from some of your postings, wherein it was explained that the story was not made clear, and that we didn't know exactly how the transaction went -- isn't that what you meant when you wished someone from either Truro or the Newquay Ladies would come on and explain? Have I misunderstood?

In the absence of that clarity, it seemed to me that everyone was blaming Heaney for waving a lot of money around, when that may not have been the case. I wasn't trying to "make things up" but merely offer an alternate theory of why the move happened.

What we do know is that many dedicated, hardworking members of the Newquay AFC family found out in a belated and probably shocking way, and I agree that's disappointing. But is that Truro's fault? It was an internal communication problem, no? What's that to do with Truro City's PR corps? Please correct me if I've got it all wrong . . .

And I wasn't complaining so much about the abuse itself (pile it on!) as about the pretense that this particular series of actions was particularly bad. If, in some alternate universe, the Newquay Ladies had begged Heaney to move to Treyew Road and he'd said "oh, no -- we've had bad luck with Ladies' sides, and you're doing well at Newquay" then there'd be 50+ postings about how Truro City are so arrogant and think they're too good for the rest of Cornwall and can't be bothered to make room for other successful sides!

Xembla, Truro have been after Newquay ladies for a few years (please someone correct me if i'm wrong), the only way that they would of gone to Truro is for money, (just my opinion), i know its gonna cost the ladies hell of a lot of travel money to get to some of thier matches, Colchester (for example) is 358 miles away from Newquay and to get a team of 16 + management there is gonna cost a few quid. :)

Perhaps now Newquay Ladies are in the National Leagues they suddenly realised the cost of travelling, perhaps overnight stays were beyond their budget and the only way they could survive was to link with Truro and their cash.

When the Cornish Sharks American Football Team were playing at home to Reading Renegades I was talking to Reading's players and coaches and to bring down a team from Reading to Newquay cost £600. Admittedly it was the price of a coach not a minibus.

Unless there is a cheap coach operator locally or the girls would have used their own transport, I'm sure they do not have enough in the kitty to pay out that sort of cash.