Cornwall Football Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nemesis

Unusual Cornish Football Programme

In yesterdays Independent it stated St.Blazey and Wadebridge Town are the only Cornish clubs to appear in The F A Cup-F A Trophy-F A Vase and The F A Amateur Cup.

If the Newquay v Bodmin was played 22/09/51 and it was The Amateur cup you can add Bodmin to that list.

Newquay must have won that game v Bodmin in 1951 as The Peppermints went out of the FA Amateur Cup 1-5 in a replay with Saltash Utd.

Newquay AFC got to the last 32 of the FA Amateur Cup in 1970-71 season, The Peppermints were just 3 more games from a Wembley final. The FA Trophy is missing from the list for Newquay, now very unlikely unless a sugar daddy comes along.

1st QR Newquay 5 v 0 Wellington

2nd QR Newquay 2 v 0 Saltash Utd

3rd QR Newquay 7 v 0 Torpoint Athletic

4th QR Newquay 2 v 1 Cadbury Heath - Att 1,000+

1st Rd Bracknell 0 v 2 Newquay

2nd Rd Newquay 1 v 7 Oldbury Utd - Att 2,500+

The first tournament in 1893 attracted 81 entrants, with three qualifying rounds used to reduce the number down to 32 for the first round proper. For the following season, the previous season's semi-finalists joined at the first round proper along with other leading clubs chosen by the FA, with the numbers made up by teams progressing through the qualifying rounds. This remained the standard format until 1907, when the number of entrants to the first round was doubled to 64 and the number of rounds prior to the semi-finals increased to four. The competition continued under this format until it was discontinued in 1974 when the FA Trophy and FA Vase were introduced.

A friend has just dug out an old programme from the 1968 European Champion Clubs Cup Final between Benfica and Man Utd played at Wembley.

The Benfica side featured Eusebio and the Utd side featured George Best.

Any idea how much this might fetch and is anyone interested?

I'm not doubting you for a minute my friend, but are you sure Brady got a hat trick ?

He would only have been 16 then, and he didn't make his full debut until October 1973

I was at this game. Still have the programme in good nick. Assume my wife will place it on eBay once I've popped my clogs! Several of the Arsenal lads selected were Youth Team players at the time

A friend has just dug out an old programme from the 1968 European Champion Clubs Cup Final between Benfica and Man Utd played at Wembley.

The Benfica side featured Eusebio and the Utd side featured George Best.

Any idea how much this might fetch and is anyone interested?

Another one I was lucky enough to see! I don't think the programme is that scarce so probably wouldn't fetch a great deal today. Might be worth checking eBay though plus other football programme dealer lists to see what the current going rate is ...

I thought this programme was worth more so I checked on ebay. The lower prices at £3 approx are for reprints not the original. Sounds like your mate had an original which are selling for £20 plus. Always check on the product details for these big match programmes as there are so many reproductions around.

Forget Wembley......

Who can remember back in the "Twin Towers" days, a certain well known ground was officially known as ,,,,,,,

The Empire Stadium,,,,,,

I have come across an old Programme,,,,,,, F.A. Cup Final 4th May 1974 Liverpool v Newcastle Price 15p

This may not sound too unusual, inside, I found my ticket "STUB" Standing Enclosure £1.00

I wander how much the cheapest cup final ticket is today ???

Just to correct myself....It was... and I believe still is known as,,,,,,,

The Football Association Challenge Cup

Blimey, as some of you know I buy the odd Penzance programme through ebay.

Well i have been watching one for several days, Penzance v Exeter City in the SWL from 1958/59.

It has sat at 99p for 5 days then overnight it has jumped to £16 with a day to go. Out of my price range now.

It is getting harder and harder to buy programmes as the prices in the last year have double at least.

So how many £'s have you got sitting in your attic or in the bottom of your draws.

Anything from the 40's and 50's is getting good money.

If you do flog any, take a scan for me for the club record.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181353244440?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

1976-77 F A Cup 3QR Falmouth Town 2 Yeovil Town 0

This creased programme has reached £25-00 with 5 Days to go

EBay-Starting price 0.99p

Also another selling for 0.99p

Cornwall Senior Cup Q/F 1977-78

Marazion Blues (Combination L) 0 Falmouth Town (Western L Prem.) 2

Programme loaded today on EBay for 0.99p

1958-59 SWL Falmouth Town v Exeter City

I said to myself I would't mind a "Fiver" to bid on but within hours it has reached £23-00

Being cheeky I might ask the seller if he could scan the pages for me.

Recent programme sales seen on EBay

1958-59 SWL Saltash v Exeter City £36-00

1958-59 SWL Helston v Exeter City £36-00

1958-59 SWL Penzance v Exeter City £23-00

1959-60 SWL Falmouth v Exeter City £27-00

1976-77 FAC Falmouth v Yeovil £32-00

St Austell 1965 Fixture/handbook £37-00