Cornwall Football Forum

3rd and 4th place epl

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

john terry leg end they man has no morals ,this is what is bad with todays footballers if it was suarez or rooney the media would be going into overdrive ,but well done to the rest of chelseas PLAYERS another cup and another manager on the way is it 11 cups now since the russian mogel took over a club that was in serious financial trouble ,perhaps he should offer rafa a new contract ? and if chelsea draw 1-1 on sunday and arsenal win 2-1 we could have a play off for third wishful thinking by the media, all for arsenal to do on sunday at newcastle its in our hands or for us to throw away ,at arsenal we have our own russian but the old farts wont even let him on the board as he even owns 30 per cent of the shares and if the media is right he is the richest man in britain .so would the gunners fans like his money invested in the club ? or will we stick with silent stan the man who hardly ever watches a game .

I have suspicions about the Premier League ,on the way they seem to make sure,the top 4 are United ,City,Chelsea and Arsenal.

So now they decide to name a ground and a date for a play-off for 3-4 place,between Chelsea and Arsenal.

For god sake,why don't they make it obvious.

So do Spurs need to play Sunderland.? Because I got a ticket.?

I have suspicions about the Premier League ,on the way they seem to make sure,the top 4 are United ,City,Chelsea and Arsenal.

So now they decide to name a ground and a date for a play-off for 3-4 place,between Chelsea and Arsenal.

For god sake,why don't they make it obvious.

So do Spurs need to play Sunderland.? Because I got a ticket.?

sounding like paranoia and did not fergie have this of to a fine art ? everyone is against us , wont count our chickens as newcastle would love to put a spanner in the works and it is their last home game so good luck to spurs and if you beat the gunners to champs league place you have earnt your place and the prem league is a marathon not a sprint

the dip mid season could cost us dearly yet

Stan is in it for the money.

have to agree with you there and hill=wood and his cronies got rid of david dein the man who masterminded the transfers eg denis berkamp for example since dein has left the arsenal have won zilch cant be coincedence??? and david dein is on the red and white group which is mr usmanovs so can see why hill=wood does not want him on the board . could be a big shake up needed at board level we have a great stadium and lots of fans to fill it but some real quality is needed to catch up man utd man city chelsea and coming up as well spurs . the stadium is nearly paid for and the fans pay some of the highest ticket prices in the country but will they keep paying up if we dont start challaging for trophies again ?

Members

PipPipPipPip

1,148 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

Well Isaac....you know it ...I know it, and anyone who watched the game, knows it, you were shit lucky again. Class, ability and hope cannot touch a huge dose of luck....how many times now...3 at least and counting

The Chelsea fans watching at ours have no nails left... lucky, lucky, lucky.

In terms of attempts on goal, Chelsea deserved the win. For Benfica, only Cardozo had the sense to shoot and looked like scoring. Don't forget The World's Greatest Number 8 also hit the bar, as he did in Moscow. After Fergie's triple robbery by woodwork that night I think we deserve all the luck going.

You're going to feel even worse on Sunday night....Arsenal will be joining us in the Champions' League.

well guys its the eve before the final games of the season who will be 4th who will be in the europa league ? can arsenal hang on or will spurs grap the last place ? will arsene break the bank in the close season ? or will bale and avb be off ? it could all hinge on 90 mins of football ,who will blink first ? well whoever gets the final place they will have earnt that right over the season due to blood .sweat and tears and some goals thrown in aswell so lookforward to sunday and everyone comments sunday evening

well the fat lady can sing the arsenal have trotted out the old one nil to the arsenal have made it by the skin of our teeth .now we have to play qualifieing games to get in the group stages so more days to come like today , i did not think we would make it but we have , but in the long term some quality needs to be added to next seasons squad and also ship out some squad players that are not up to the prem league , but the main question for spurs fans will bale stay or grab the filth luchre that will be dangled in front of him ? ,and will make a change for us not to have the transfer saga of the last few seasons hanging over us and over spurs .glad we have made it but still dissapointing to be so far behind man utd. roll on next season .

I think bale should stay. He's young enough not too worry about playing champions league. If he stays with spurs they could push on for the title in next couple of years. He's got age on his side it's not as though he'll never play champions league. Next season is going to be brilliant.

I think bale should stay. He's young enough not too worry about playing champions league. If he stays with spurs they could push on for the title in next couple of years. He's got age on his side it's not as though he'll never play champions league. Next season is going to be brilliant.

i am afraid to say but it seems that the media wont let this story die over the next few weeks ,the spurs fans had better get used to the monied clubs after your best player as the gunners have had to put up with for years [ viera henry, fabregas ,van pursie] and the speculation has already started .even if he thinks about staying his head will be turned with the lure of big contracts top stadiums and champs league and winning trophies , so spurs fans welcolme to our world and unless levy can conjour up some big bucks ,he could leaveafter the season he has had like van purse strings last season fot the gunners

BALE WILL BE AT SPURS NEXT SEASON.

SSS , I will have a wager on that , £20 says he's not

Well the offer was open to the St Just Gob.

But Im confident.

So seen,Big mouth looks to have declined,I need to make some money for my new season ticket.

So your on ,big boy.£20,it is.

Get your money ready.News will be announced by the end of the week.

But Im confident.

So seen,Big mouth looks to have declined,I need to make some money for my new season ticket.

You're a bit touchy today aren't you.....?

But Im confident.

You're a bit touchy today aren't you.....?

well he had a late night driving back from white hart lane and plenty of time to mull over what could have been but was not again , and good luck hanging on to bale if he stays for a season his head has been turned and you will lose him ok you will get good money but he has carried you this season and who would you replace him with? sounds just like the saga we had with cesc ,will he stay wont he stay happy at arsenal oh dear back to barca as soon as they come calling needing to win trophies [which he has] as we have not won anything for 8 seasons ,ring any bells ????

SS now knows that Chelsea, fairly closely followed by Arsenal, have confirmed the normal London pecking order. Let him have a nice rest. Go fishing in the King's Sedgemoor Drain but don't go peering morosely into the water. You might not like what you see staring back. Keep the white coats at bay.

"Now that the truth is out

Be silent and take defeat

From any brazen throat."

(WB Yeats, "Lapis Lazuli")

Be assured that I, the St Just Gob, am never brazen. We Tewsters are magnanimous in victory. We can afford to be. A lapis lazuli, in case you are unaware, is very precious and of a vivid blue hue.

Well done, Tottenham. Your predestined role in casual comedy has been confirmed. Pat the pupil AVB on the head and give him a half-holiday; his master, Mourinho, is on his way. :drink:

As your so magnanimous Isaac I thought you would give Rafa some praise. I think he's done a fantastic job and he deserves a huge amount of credit and should really keep the job. A great pity that John Terry and Frank Lampard did not thank him in their interviews this week. Shows a lack of class.

I think Spurs had a geat season, their 72 points total would have given them 4th place in all but 3 of the 21 seasons since the premier league began.

Surprised that Chelsea recently lost both legs of the Fa Youth Cup final to Norwich!

As you realise, Goldeneye, fourth place was not good enough to take the Spuds beyond the Pub Cup last year either. As double European Champions (until the weekend) and record point-scorers when Premier League Champions, we can afford to smile and praise the triumphs of minor clubs. Thank you for telling me about the FA Youth Cup: I didn't even realise we were in it. It doesn't matter. If the Norwich kids are any good we'll just buy them later.

So my magnanimity continues ! How did your Truro City finish up ?

As your so magnanimous Isaac I thought you would give Rafa some praise. I think he's done a fantastic job and he deserves a huge amount of credit and should really keep the job. A great pity that John Terry and Frank Lampard did not thank him in their interviews this week. Shows a lack of class.

I think Spurs had a geat season, their 72 points total would have given them 4th place in all but 3 of the 21 seasons since the premier league began.

Surprised that Chelsea recently lost both legs of the Fa Youth Cup final to Norwich!

Im so glad you said that.God knows what reply I would have had.If I said it.

I agree.

I am very satisfied with AVB's first season.

He has proved ,he is a very good manager.

I think our future is looking good,and that is all I care about.

Of course he's a very reasonable, fifth place kind of manager. Ideal for your club. They also serve who nick a draw with Wigan.

Older,blue is one of my colours. Popular culture has it that "blue and green should not be seen." But as you know, I laugh in the face of convention !

Blue and green; the sky, the land, the sea.....natural, restful colours, good for the soul.

But the empty sterility of all that Musgrove Park whiteness, with chill pills provided, could be right for other folks, of course ! God bless.

Nice to hear all the sensible people conceding. The smile on my face is as wide as the one from David Luis when that child fullback doppelganger clattered him meaninglessly.

Delighted to hear that Mangle will be supporting the Blues in their training match on Wednesday. I trust all patriotic supporters of London clubs will be delighted that the Blue Tinners have saved the reputation of British football in Europe this season.

SS, I know you are a bit noddy on the inside, but Bale actually believes that he is good enough to play club football at the highest level, so will depart for a club with serious ambitions. Sorry that this upsets you so, but life's like that.

Don't go getting stressed: We don't want you getting locked up in Musgrove Park again. it's only a game and you must learn to be a good loser. Very best wishes for a good summer ! :)

Well Mr Blue nose.

Despite what you think of me,or how I manage to climb poles.

I managed a very nice Execetive Day in the Centenary Club at White Hart Lane,yesterday.

All paid for by my wonderful company,and managed to bump into some very big wigs at Tottenham.

They assured me,Bale goes no-where.

So Mr big mouth,I am quite prepaired to put my money where my mouth is.

Would you like to have a little wager.

Here is my bet I offered Big Mouth.

Gareth Bale's agent admits it would be an 'honour' if Real Madrid were interested, but says his deal is with Tottenham. (Sky Sports)

An agent can say and do what he wants.

Bottom line is.

Gareth Bale's contract is with Tottenham,and he still has 3 years left on it.

IF Bale decides not to extend it[Which he wont]Levy can keep him as long as he wants.

So, SS, another season of failure. Dumped out of Europe by Chelsea last year, Arsenal this. Don't suppose it can get any worse than that, can it ?

Judging by recent posts, you're clearly in a bad temper; demoralised; up the pole ! Surely the Lilywhite Casuals deserve better than that !

I genuinely think this is the key to your never winning anything. Gutless, heartless fans. Shame. No wonder Bale wants to move that world-class left foot. Pity the right foot is Combo League. The very least you could do is send your players down to whichever khazi at the Bridge houses the European Pub Cup. This might motivate them more than the likes of you clowning on them. Woe, woe, woe ! What is this, Up Pompeii !?

Are you really that desperate for £20, Frankie Howerd ?.....or shall I post it to Levy ?

levy is no fool he will sell if they can get top dollar and after the season bale has had now would be the time to cash in and buy a couple of strikers spurs are short at present , but hang onto to him and he might get injured or have a drop of form and the price will crash sorry spuds but this is the real football world where the top european clubs can unsettle a player and then bounce , we all know this is wrong but ueafa do nothing to stop this as the top clubs have to much clout and the champs league is now a huge cash cow for them

Gareth Bale's agent admits it would be an 'honour' if Real Madrid were interested, but says his deal is with Tottenham. (Sky Sports)

An agent can say and do what he wants.

Bottom line is.

Gareth Bale's contract is with Tottenham,and he still has 3 years left on it.

IF Bale decides not to extend it[Which he wont]Levy can keep him as long as he wants.

but will he ? or is it all smoke and mirrors from spurs