Cornwall Football Forum

3rd and 4th place epl

getting tight at as the battle for 3rd and 4th spot hots up, will spurs and chelsea slip up or will everton or arsenal catch up ? personally i think the gunners will miss out this season as we may have left it to late .which may well be a kick up the jacksie the board needs [and arsene] hope we dont but who knows?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

getting tight at as the battle for 3rd and 4th spot hots up, will spurs and chelsea slip up or will everton or arsenal catch up ? personally i think the gunners will miss out this season as we may have left it to late .which may well be a kick up the jacksie the board needs [and arsene] hope we dont but who knows?

I hope your wright.

Good sensible thread.So I will give my honest opinion.

This is going to hurt saying this.

I think the Goons are favourites to finish top 4.They have the easiest run-in and are hitting form.

Spurs have a good chance,if they can get points against Man City and Chelski.Big bonus getting back Bale,Lennon,Defoe and Kaboul,soon.

Chelsea,have the big question mark,over them.Their fixture pile up is horrendous,and could cost them.

Benetiz's obsession with winning a trophy,wont help,plus fixture's with Fulham,Liverpool,Man Utd away,and SPURS,Everton and Swansea,home,plus a nice trip to

Russia on Thursday,followed by Man City at Wembley,is a big ask.

Everton have to much to do,and needed to beat Spurs last Sunday,but they will have a big say in the outcome,with Chelsea and Arsenal to play.

So here is the bit that hurts.My prediction.

3rd= ARSENAL.

4th= SPURS.

5th= CHELSEA.[+ Europa Cup].

6th= EVERTON.

LOL.

When, or rather if Spuds get used to being involved in several competitions at once, can afford a squad rather than just Bale and have genuine international pedigree like Chelski, they will not worry about fixture pile-ups.

Last time Spurs won at Chelsea I was still a helluva disco dancer.

Well done, SS, show a bit of faith in your little club. Somebody's got to ! Good on you, my ansum !

LOL.

When, or rather if Spuds get used to being involved in several competitions at once, can afford a squad rather than just Bale and have genuine international pedigree like Chelski, they will not worry about fixture pile-ups.

Last time Spurs won at Chelsea I was still a helluva disco dancer.

Well done, SS, show a bit of faith in your little club. Somebody's got to ! Good on you, my ansum !

Typical response from the GOB of St Just.

I came on this thread and gave an honest opinion,of how I think things will work out.

The thread title,is 3rd and 4th in Premiership.

Oh no,that is to difficult for this charlie to predict.He is far to intelligent for that,so he just comes on,to ridicule Spurs and their supporters.

Try and work out,with your limited brain capacity who will get 3rd and 4th.

Difficult,I know,but try and contribute to some of the thread titles.

Or shall I start a personal thread for you,where you can just put your verbal rubbish,all together. B)

"You throw the sand into the wind

And the wind blows it back again."

3rd Chelsea

4th Arsenal

5th Tottenham or Everton: once it's about pub cup, who cares ?

"to" denotes movement towards or precedes the verb in a grammatical infinitive.

"too" indicates excessive quantity, as in "too difficult" or indicates augmentation, like the word "also".

"two" is a higher number of trophies than those obtained by Tottenham since Thatcher got into Parliament. And now she's dead. :c:

Don't get upset again, we don't want you back in that straitjacket, Charlie is just trying to help you become better informed so you can be taken seriously. :thumbsup:

SSS, you may be on to something there. It's Chelsea that could slip up most here. I've been more worried about catching Spurs that I paid little attention to Chelsea. They have some tough fixtures to come. And they went through in the Europa tonight. It will be close, Arsenal could indeed snatch 3rd, it is possible. Spurs need to pick themselves up after tonight's defeat in Europe. But they have over a week to do that, whilst Chelsea have City on Sunday. By the time Sours and Chelsea next play in the PL, Arsenal could be sitting above both of them (no disrespect to Norwich, but if we want to finish top 4, we have to beat teams like that at home).

SSS, you may be on to something there. It's Chelsea that could slip up most here. I've been more worried about catching Spurs that I paid little attention to Chelsea. They have some tough fixtures to come. And they went through in the Europa tonight. It will be close, Arsenal could indeed snatch 3rd, it is possible. Spurs need to pick themselves up after tonight's defeat in Europe. But they have over a week to do that, whilst Chelsea have City on Sunday. By the time Sours and Chelsea next play in the PL, Arsenal could be sitting above both of them (no disrespect to Norwich, but if we want to finish top 4, we have to beat teams like that at home).

Mr Mangle ,I know we have had a few bust-up's over the years,but one thing I have always respected,is you tell the truth.

You are a Goon,and thats your problem.

I have got to a stage where,it is far more important to concetrate on your own team.

Must admit,I do like to get people biting,but I can take it.

Some people on here,just are not intrested in constuctive debate,and prefer ridiculing other teams.

You are different.

I honestly feel Chelski will struggle,for a top 4 finish.If they beat Man City,and get to the Cup Final,plus they get past Basel,they will have to play Spurs either after the season finish,or one week play 4 games in 7 days.Thats a big ask even for their squad.

As you said,Spurs have got 10 days off,before they play City which is on the Sunday.

In that period,Arsenal have 3 games Norwich,Everton and Fulham.Win those 3 and you could be well clear in 3rd place.

Still plenty of big games left.

I believe if Spurs can get a win against either Man City or Chelsea,we will be O.K. :)

Yeah, we both get passionate about our teams, and when things go our way, we shout about it. Harmless fun as long as it goes no further than that. Which on my part it does not!

Hmmm, winning against Chelsea I think Spurs can do. I am less inclined to see them getting a win against City. I've got you down for a draw on that one. Bale has turned into your linchpin this season. As much as I hated to see RVP be included in everything good Arsenal did last season (we're not a one man team and so on), I guess you may be feeling the same about Bale as this season goes on? If he does return against City, you certainly have more than a chance. But don't forget, it's often the more routine games that cause the slip ups. Arsenal are past masters as finding banana skins when you least expect it. Spurs have a tendency to do a bit of that too!

i am glad this thread has had some positive comments from fans of the teams challaging for champs league places ,and there will be plenty of twists and turns over the coming games ,and we have just have the news jacks on the way back and also theo and bale will only be out for a short time so it is getting very interesting so good luck and the best teams over the season to secure 3rd and 4th spot

I usually take little notice of Daniel Finkelstein in The Times because I don't like his politics. However, his figures on the probability of Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs qualifying for Europe next year, according to statistical modelling, make interesting reading. The former two are rated in the low seventies; Spurs at 34%.

I usually take little notice of Daniel Finkelstein in The Times because I don't like his politics. However, his figures on the probability of Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs qualifying for Europe next year, according to statistical modelling, make interesting reading. The former two are rated in the low seventies; Spurs at 34%.

Shut up, shut up, shut up !!!!!!!!

with chelsea out of the fa cup ,which by the way was a cracking game ,they will be more fired up for the run in to end of season ,and the incentive to impress their next manager [mouriniho] and avb and bale again lnked with real madrid [ i know only newspaper talk but bigs up this post] its all getting very tight and interesting so onwards and upwards bring on everton [ fingers crossed ].

with chelsea out of the fa cup ,which by the way was a cracking game ,they will be more fired up for the run in to end of season ,and the incentive to impress their next manager [mouriniho] and avb and bale again lnked with real madrid [ i know only newspaper talk but bigs up this post] its all getting very tight and interesting so onwards and upwards bring on everton [ fingers crossed ].

You will have no problems against Everton,especially if you got the same linesman. B)

I don't mind getting knocked out of the FA Cup by Citeh. My enemy's enemy, etc.

Hope it helps Mancini to keep his job.

Good luck to Arsenal in the battle for third and fourth. At least London's and Manchester's blues and reds can only improve on this year's showing in the serious European competition. The lilywhite, simian featured alternative would be an embarrassment. Again. Fortunately it won't happen.

Good luck to Arsenal in the battle for third and fourth. At least London's and Manchester's blues and reds can only improve on this year's showing in the serious European competition. The lilywhite, simian featured alternative would be an embarrassment. Again. Fortunately it won't happen.

after spending 92 mill 12/13 I'm sure you'd have liked to have won the old fa cup

I have a faint memory of you saying - I have a soft spot for the mighty Spurs....Mmmwah !!!

I love the way everyone on here has discounted Everton, they have been up there all season and best united, city and spurs already, yes we still have to play Chelsea and arsenal plus that shower from across the park, but that can work in Everton's favour putting us almost in control of our own destiny.

All in all its gonna be an interesting end to the season

I love the way everyone on here has discounted Everton, they have been up there all season and best united, city and spurs already, yes we still have to play Chelsea and arsenal plus that shower from across the park, but that can work in Everton's favour putting us almost in control of our own destiny.

All in all its gonna be an interesting end to the season

Good luck tonight,Savo.

did not see sky last night but heard some of second half on radio on the way back from football [hayle combo ] and from what was said on radio was a very close contest with both defences on top so plenty to play for .everton are a very good side and david moyes has worked wonders with the limited budget ,and would be an ideal candidate to replace arsene when he eventually steps down so guys all to play for the next few games are very interesting

no one can knock moyes with the way he has managed everton on very limited budget and buying players who most of us have not heard of as for not winning away at the clubs st darren has mentioned these teams are always hard to beat on their own patch,but what a win today for spurs from 1 down the RACE is on every game now on in is a cup game for the clubs involoved for cpl and also europa spots going to be tight and may come down to goal difference ,hopefully the gunners can hang on in there as a few weeks ago we looked out of it ,and arsene needs the money to spend on young unknown players to sell at a later date to keep the board and silent stan happy .

st darren arsenal have not won anything for 8 years either which is probable due to utd being the top team around ,man city chelsea with their big backers but i will still follow them for my sins ,the point about david moyes is he has sen off many manager from so called top clubs but has been threre for 10 years and everton are one of the longest seving teams in the top division [including before the prem league ] they are well run and do not throw money they dont have at overpriced players [eg andy carroll ] this may not equate to success as for trophies but how many teams have won prem league? since it was invented and domestically there is only 3 trophies to play for each season ,i am afraid man utd have domminated the prem league for what seems like forever and love him or loathe him fergie has kept reinventing his teams year after year so the rest of the teams are on catch up so really that leaves 2 trophies for the rest to compete for ,and as much as i hate to admit it the so called top 4 are really only interested in the champs league places which in my opinion has devalued the fa cup [arsenals last trophy ].

No one who supports Everton says mouse has had 10 years of success he has done well with no money or real backing from the board, the four clubs mention have all changed hands at boardroom level in the time motes has been at Everton have spent more in nearly a season compared to what moyes has done in a year, but in this day and age where finishing fourth in the league is better than winning the FA cup because of the revenue streams it produces, Everton have done well just to compete with the richer clubs, and that is a hard thing to say as an Everton fan who remembers the mid 80's and our most successful side

any everton fans agree with darren ? and savo i can also remember the 80 s everton team and also the great liverpool sides of old but i am afraid the great PREM LEAGUE has changed football for ever also when will a team like forrest win titles and win euro cups as did aston villa ?the football landscape has changed the stadiums have improved but not many young players [LOCAL] break through the money awash at the top table is now staggering ,so for the likes of everton to stay in touch with the big boys i take my hat off [if it didnt cover my bald head /or i had one ] to david moyes and everton ps my 1st football shirt i had given to me was an everton one mind you the old cork studded boots also iwas given at the same time crocked my mate at school kept dazzling me with his footwork so i just kicked him nothing changed there then ha ha .but i turnred to the red and white of the gunners and my old favourite charlie george

well played spurs was hoping city would have least got a draw must have been a cracking game ? chelsea drawing ,city losing the gunners winning ,i know 1 nil to the arsenal and dont right of everton yet its turning out to be a ggod and ineresting race for champs league places .pity all our clubs could not be closer to man utd but always next season ,plenty to talk to my workmate about mon as he is a spurs fan ,he better not get to cheeky as i am driving so he might end up walking ha ha