Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results - 9th March 2013

Div 3

Rangers 1 v 1 Redruth,

Tough game this week and a proper midfield slug fest. Neither keeper having too much work to do. Redruth scored first half from a freekick from miles out that hung in the wind and dropped in the top corner. Rangers playing into a stifff breeze gave as good as we got, to turn round just one down.

Second half much the same as the first not many chances but a lot of hard work from both sides. Rangers forced to go after a goal, through an extra forward into the fray late on and started to push Redruth back. After being awarded a soft freekick a good ball into the box found an unmarked forward who headed home. A couple of late chances went astray and what should have been a penalty for Redruth was waved away. Both sides probably left thinking they should have won this one. All I know is Rangers are now becoming a tough nut to crack, unlike a few weeks ago.

I would like to thank Redruth for a good hard fought game and the ref for his efforts as well.

Div 4

West Cornwall Res 4 - 2 Mullion 3rds (HT 1-0)

Three points is about the only positive to take from Saturday for West Cornwall, it was always going to be important to bounce back from a disappointing loss last week but this was far from a vintage display.

We had the majority of possession in the first half with Mullion not offering much of an attacking threat, they defended well though and limited our chances to shots from range and set pieces. It was a great header from a corner which put us 1-0 up midway through the first half. Not sure what happened after that but our usual football seemed to go out of the window.

We switched to 3-5-2 in the second half to try and offer an extra threat going forwards and we soon scored two more to make it a seemingly comfortable 3-0, again without really leaving third gear. Full credit to Mullion though as they scored two quick goals to bring themselves right back into the game, they then enjoyed a decent ten minute spell of possession as they looked to try and chase an equaliser. Fortunately for us we added a fourth and then saw the rest of the game out.

Good luck to Mullion for the rest of the season, if they set up like that against sides for the rest of the season and maybe add an extra threat up top then they should be able to get some more points in the bag.

having no fixture yesterday i took the oppurtunity to watch heston v csom, having watcted helstons rise from poor mid table falmouth and heston team to all concouring last season i was expecting big things however i was left wondering what has happened, why have the wheels fallen off, helston looked slow maybe to many aging players in key positions ? having spoke with a few nice people around the club house area it seems that helston are struggling to keep hold of players for the second team whilst the firsts and thrds are flying with strong sqauds. i amsure helston will be there or there abouts come the end of the season but if helston fail to gain promotion is that the end of the road for le boss ?????

good luck to both teams for the rest of the season

Thank you for your concern - I have to agree the wheels have fallen off in the last few weeks and the results have been comparable to the performances for several weeks now. Yes we have lost a few players to neighbours who can offer Combo football, but it tells you more about the standard of the Combo teams if these players can go straight into these teams and stand out. Yes the first team are flying and it is great to see as it is with the third team but have a little perspective, Div 5 is not that great - even the lads who play for the third team will admit and they will find their correct level in the coming seasons.. It has always been the intention to get the reserves back in Combo football and cup runs etc are an added bonus. Myself and my oppo will do all we can to gain such success and until the senior manager wants a change or feels we are at the end of the road, we will keep going. We dont become a bad team overnight and hopefully we will be there or thereabouts - lots of games to come.

DIV 5 not that great!!!!!????? How dare you Bash!!!! :-). Keep up the great work mate, you and Sid have had bout three years of non stop success even Cloughie had a blip or two along the way, I went two games without scoring once bud, couldn't believe it!!!!! :-). Helston as a club have come on leaps and bounds on and off the pitch and all three teams are a credit to their respective leagues. Keep the faith and good luck for the rest of the season Bash. If I was a betting man. :-)!!! Would stick a few bob on you being promoted mate!! x

DIV 5 not that great!!!!!????? How dare you Bash!!!! :-). Keep up the great work mate, you and Sid have had bout three years of non stop success even Cloughie had a blip or two along the way, I went two games without scoring once bud, couldn't believe it!!!!! :-). Helston as a club have come on leaps and bounds on and off the pitch and all three teams are a credit to their respective leagues. Keep the faith and good luck for the rest of the season Bash. If I was a betting man. :-)!!! Would stick a few bob on you being promoted mate!! x

Cheers mate - thanks for the vote of confidence. Sorry was not being personal to your boys mate - you go 2 games without scoring - not in this lifemate mate. Hope all is well with you and the family. Might see you Easter Monday if the boss lets you out???!!!

division five is tough i can tell you that we troon a midttable tem can testify to that but im sure even gwinear marazion st erme etc will agree its tough

every team in the league this year has dropped points to certain opponents no doubt theres some real strong sides in there who shouldnt be there, and yes we maybe included aswell helston, marazion, gwinear and st erme! and maybe even newquay who are definitely up and coming, but all had start somewhere and out of all them teams there is going to be at least 4 in league next season should be great end of season, and rappo us you midweek ;)

Div 5

Marazion Res 7-0 Trevenson Res

A totally different performance this week from last week. Started with a bang and went 6-0 up within 25 minutes. Liam Mooney headed in the first from a Matty Thomas cross. Matty then hit a quick hat trick before Sanjay Vadgama took a quick corner. Before the Trevenson defence realised he had strolled into the area and unleashed an unstoppable strike into the roof of the net. Craig Rennard then made it 6. Trevenson then changed their keeper and put the guy who usually plays in goal and what a difference. He pulled off several quality saves ensuring that they conceded no more goals before the break. Miss of the game came from Liam who hit the keeper from 3 yards and as the ball came back to him and the keeper lying on his back like a stranded tortoise, he manage to fire against the post and then safe.

Second half we dominated possession and territory but found an inspired keeper in the way. Dale Vigus did finally beat him half way through the half to make it 7-0 but that was all we could manage. Trevenson did have a couple of chances but failed to trouble our keeper. Matty did clear one off the line with a Trevenson striker bearing down on him.

A good 3 points won against a spirited Trevenson. The game was well reffed by Mr Burnell who let the game flow. Cup game next week against Redruth but no match report from me as I'm not available.

MOM - Had to be Matty Thomas, scored 3 set up the first and ran the Trevenson defence ragged all game.

Eric Sleeman

James Burlingam

Scott James

Adam Martin

Adam Caul

Sanjay Vadgama 1

Craig Rennard 1

Stevie Hunt Mark Hampton

Dale Vigus 1

Matty Thomas 3

Liam Mooney 1 Jason O'Sullivan

I think we'll forget the first 20-25mins! The gaff decided to try something a bit different and I think we can safely say it didn't work.

The rest of the game was highly enjoyable with our keeper pulling off some outstanding saves. The team pulled together after the re-shuffle and tried to make life difficult for Marazion who's joy seemed to come from over-running our back line with the man breaking from the middle. In short, we'll take the positives from the back 60mins.

Good bunch of lads. Enjoy the rest of the season

Yeh see that mate! I think that 0-0 we had at your place before Xmas was probably the best game I've played in this season to be honest. Had everything except a goal!! Two really good footballing teams on the day, two great keepers, strong defending, and quality chances created, that was never a DIV 5 match!! Totally agree the top six would do well again if they went up and it is a fairly strong league with most of the mid table teams capable of beating anyone on ther day. Also Clipper deserve a lot of credit for the way they have stuck to it and improved and well done to Dave and his lads, I think you're double figure defeats are long gone mate! Think whichever teams go up will do well and as you say some decent sides will be left in it for next season no doubt about that bud. See you soon. :-)

Yeh see that mate! I think that 0-0 we had at your place before Xmas was probably the best game I've played in this season to be honest. Had everything except a goal!! Two really good footballing teams on the day, two great keepers, strong defending, and quality chances created, that was never a DIV 5 match!! Totally agree the top six would do well again if they went up and it is a fairly strong league with most of the mid table teams capable of beating anyone on ther day. Also Clipper deserve a lot of credit for the way they have stuck to it and improved and well done to Dave and his lads, I think you're double figure defeats are long gone mate! Think whichever teams go up will do well and as you say some decent sides will be left in it for next season no doubt about that bud. See you soon. :-)

and that was pete in goal haha :D who definitely is an outfielder and a goalscorer, and yes definitely great game and lot of laughs in club after way is meant to be, yeah theres so many teams who play football and have players who could play lot higher or have played a lot higher, which definitely shows with the quality of football , and yes definitely clipper and penwith and few others strengthened up and no given 3 points anymore which is positiive for the league and yes im unavailable for game against you at your place WORK!! be good one expect ;)

Trelawny 2

Storm 4 (3) Mullion 1 (1)

Saturday saw seventh placed mullion travel to Clijah to take on eighth placed Storm. Neither team were at their best and Mullion looked short of a few players from when we played the reverse fixture. Playing with the wind in the first half, we went 2 up through a Matt Clarkson long ranger (which the keeper will probably feel he could have done better with) and a Ben Kellow tap-in. The Mullion keeper pulled off some great saves to keep them in the game, notably an effort from the industrious David Mitchell. Mullion pulled a goal back before Clarkson struck Storm's third before the break.

With the second half against the wind we knew we could be in for a tough 45 if we didn't lift our game. Kellow's header from a corner early in the half helped settle us and although this wasn't our greatest performance it was still a solid win against a Mullion side who had beaten us 5-0 at their place but, according to their manager, "just didn't turn up".

Storm MoM - Sam Charlton.

got agree rappo...think not only would top six in div 5 do well in div 4 but div 3 also...think cup results we have all had agsinst higher leagues back that up

Yeah for sure Dobbie, I've been pretty impressed with the teams this season, if you consider this to be the lowest league then football in West Cornwall is in a healthy state I would imagine. There are obviously a lot of talented players that should be playing much much higher as we know but that's their prerogative and I think any spectator watching a top six match in this league will be surprised by the standard of football. In my opinion there are four outstanding teams, Marazion, Helston, Gwinear and Camborne Park going for promotion and all would be worthy with a group of five behind that vying for 5th in St.Erme, Newquay, Ludgvan, Mabe and Stithians all tough sides and then you've got Troon and Newlyn who are very competitive and will give you a hard game with the following five having a little mini league at the bottom. Penwith improving under new management, Storm and Trevenson can strengthen if they wish for evening games and Trelander and Clipper battling it out for the wooden spoon i would think but both have had the odd good result this season so I would say its been a decent league this year mate!?

anyone can beat anyone, agree with dobbie a lot of teams in div 5 beating higher teams shows quality in the league, just off top head we beat wendron 2nds earlier in season, gwinear beating st buryan reserves recently, helston turning over st agnes 3rds good for the league

You forget though Moley a lot of the teams in div 5 have players playing for them that last year were playing senior football!! Teams like mabe, marizion, camborne park, st Erme, are all quality sides full of players playing higher than division 5 last year! Heard even troon have dropped a few players from time to time. As new teams keep entering division 5 it's always Guna be a very hard league!

saying that been impressed with newlyn who grown and progressed past years with same bunch guess the advantage of being a 1 squad 1 team club... i just thibk the evening games wlill be a leveller thats y im going to predict helston to win good club decent squads through out and young team player wise their gunna have excellent availability thru ythe massive fixture congestion

wont have much more availabilty than we have now...can only play 2 from second team if we wanted too and they are fixtured to play same evenings as us most weeks. going to be a cracking and tight end to the season with same massive games left to playquote name="moley1" post="233620" timestamp="1363295141"]

saying that been impressed with newlyn who grown and progressed past years with same bunch guess the advantage of being a 1 squad 1 team club... i just thibk the evening games wlill be a leveller thats y im going to predict helston to win good club decent squads through out and young team player wise their gunna have excellent availability thru ythe massive fixture congestion

even if helston loose both their games to Marazion how does that put them right out the equation? ?? winning those two games plus their games in hand would only out marazion 3 points ahead!

Personaly i think its marazions to win/lose back to back fixtures against helston start of april and puts helston right out the equasion then just gotta hope gwinear drop 1 game a draw/loss and its marazions....

As i feel and belive with knowing every player personally from winning the mining league a few years ago when we all got together at hayle with stevie the manager with the squad thats ther now bar a few new faces now i cant see them losing points to any other team.... And if you go back to strt of season hen they had a mix up with the club secutary who dident send in one players signing on form and a player who played among the side thinking u had play 5 games not 3 games for there first team to be a registerd 1st team player would have an extra 9 points on there total and be undefeated in the league

But that's 9 points they don't have and won't get back making that point irrelevant. I don't play in division 5 but it looks from the outside a very strong league, as rappo said, with it being supposedly the lowest league in the county we must have a good standard of football across the trelawney leagues. As for the title, 1 side will go on a good run to the end, all the top sides have higher teams to pull from in the evening games, good luck to you all, il be keeping an eye on what happens, and may the best team win!

Personaly i think its marazions to win/lose back to back fixtures against helston start of april and puts helston right out the equasion then just gotta hope gwinear drop 1 game a draw/loss and its marazions....

Be interesting to see if gwinear and marazion go up will they have the same groups of players?

Why cant marazion go up case tell u what marazion first team can go second in division 4 so can go up if they hold there till the end of the season " MOLEY " and with marizion playing almost 10 games midweek thy got the reserves they can uses as many as they want to stregthen so id be very surrprized to not see both marazion sides go up come the end and second to that im sure if marazion dont go up as the first team fail promotion with the reserves being 5x as strong as there first they will just swap teams around... Plses do ure homework before u make a statement thats not true.....!!

i totally agree with moley was what i was saying all along, if both marazion teams go up congratulations to them but that club to me sounds like a farse, and if i was a 1st team player and stayed in div 4 why hell should they give up there places and swap teams around? because of what the 2nds want! they knew situation before went there!

marazion 2nds best players/squad in league probably agree, write helston off with the set of players and quality of squads there club have aint smartest idea! teams will drop points but thats the fun of football and to be honest big green giant i understand your friends with a lot of marazion players and managment,

and finally if i played 1st team marazion all year and dropped for bunch 2nd teamers midweek just to help them i would be fucked off kinda think they would have enough about them and a set of balls to turn around and say we got the 1st in this position we,ll play our own games ( unavailbility i understand) dropping for no reason i dont!

call me marazion bashing i dont care, dont agree any club dropping players been playing in that team all season for others harsh!

Cant say anything moley i only no the ins an outs of the club as my Dad is joint manager of the club.. And so its not fair fo me to say whys bewn said to me theough knowing the managers of 2nds and all on the committe all i will say is the 2nd team wanted the 1st team job but was left in division 5 as thats the league they where promoted from last year anyway when they finished 3rd and won a cup double so they stuck as it was all the players there in 2nds left with manager from hayle and so come next season there will be alot to be said im sure but itsmarazions club and before this season they only had one team and now 2 so whatever decisions they make if its for the intrest of the club they will make the right decisions

I think I speak for most of the Marazion seconds, I would only play for the firsts if they were short and unable to field a team. We have loads of games coming up including 4 games in 8 days. My legs struggle with just a Saturday game. I don't want first games thrown in as well. I think the firsts are doing well without our help but if short one week I'm sure players will help out. To be fair I think we are playing most days they have games as well so we wouldn't be in a position to play

i agree with you bluenose, i think myself and few others above were just replying to what biggreengiant was implying as im guessing he has some kind of link between himself and your club and maybe got this information from somewhere, so just people responding to whats been written

ok didnt know who you was , was just telling bluenose the reason we all posted what we did is because of what you implied in your post, which was if marazion 1st want to strengthen they can bring 2nds in! in most club its reversal but all know my opinion on that and a lot of other peoples on clubs doing that but there choice how they run their own club.

just think bluenose himself guessing a player of marazion clarified the 1st team will play their own games and i take his word if 1st dont go up, maybe there could be shake up at marazion in off-season we shall see but also few other clubs in same situation

and me for one if senior manager locally would definitely be interested in ready made team that steve has with the quality you just never know!