Cornwall Football Forum

WHY DOES THE ECPL AND THECOMBO NOT HAVE SEPARATE FORUMS.

Has anyone got the faintest idea why the Combo and the ECPL appear as one discussion group yet Truro get a discussion group of their own. The SWPL has a separate discussion group, so why not the ECPL.

If you want to stop pratting about then I suggest you provide seperate discussion groups for the ECPL and the Combo. If not then go back to just one board. I have no interest in what happens in the Combo and I would suggest neither does some others. Its no use having a vote (see result beow) and then ignore it.

Why do you think I post ECPL items on here? only for you to move my items to a mixed bag. I decide where to put my postings not you, unless of course you give the ECPL a group of its own then I will post it on a seperate ECPL group.

This was the voting before the thread was disabed. So why have we still got sub forums?.

So do you want any sub-forums or not?

Yes [ 34 ] [46.58%]

No [ 39 ] [53.42%]

Has anyone got the faintest idea why the Combo and the ECPL appear as one discussion group yet Truro get a discussion group of their own. The SWPL has a separate discussion group, so why not the ECPL.

If you want to stop pratting about then I suggest you provide seperate discussion groups for the ECPL and the Combo. If not then go back to just one board. I have no interest in what happens in the Combo and I would suggest neither does some others. Its no use having a vote (see result beow) and then ignore it.

Why do you think I post ECPL items on here? only for you to move my items to a mixed bag. I decide where to put my postings not you, unless of course you give the ECPL a group of its own then I will post it on a seperate ECPL group.

This was the voting before the thread was disabed. So why have we still got sub forums?.

So do you want any sub-forums or not?

Yes [ 34 ] [46.58%]

No [ 39 ] [53.42%]

ecpl,i perferred the one board,but the ones in charge must think what the hell have i got to do to keep everbody happy. ithink we should have a sub ###### thread, heee :yahoo:

A sub what thread???????

We are still seeing how the forum runs, we had people asking for sub forums and now we have introduced them there are people asking to go back to the one board, we will give it a couple more days or weeks if needed, to decided whether to stick with this format or return to the single page or just 2 pages.

We were thinking of:

Cornish Football

&

Non cornish football

I THINK THE FORUM AREAS ARE SUITABLE! BE HONEST IT'S NOT A SECTION FOR TRURO IS IT!, A LOT OF TEAMS WILL BE STRIVING TO MOVE UP THE PYRAMID AND AS FAR AS I AM AWARE FALMOUTH ARE LOOKING TO DO BIG THINGS!

SWP LEAGUE COVERS 3 LEAGUES

COMBO AND ECPL COVERS 3 LEAGUES 1 COMBO AND 2 ECPL

AND THE FAL HEL, MINING AND DUCHY COVER 3 LEAGUE AREAS, IT MAKES IT MUCH EASIER THAN TRAWLING THROUGH THE WHOLE MAIN BOARD, IF ITS JUST ECPL STUFF UR LOOKING FOR U WILL BE THERE A LONG WHILE SEARCHING ON JUST ONE BIG BOARD!

RANT OVER

THE CAT!

Guest crosser

I think now with the football season in full swing, i'm guessing that the site is getting lot's more new threads started. so for arguments sake if there was just one main board, your topic will soon get lost, where as if you post it in the ECPL sub forum anybody that's interested in the ECPL will be able to find it. It's not that hard.

just done a quick google for the ECPL could'nt find a site, if you feel that strongly about it why not start up a website???

Guest Postie Pidge

There's one for Peninsula (3 leagues), one for the ECPL/Combo, one for Saturday junior footy and one for Sunday. We don't need one for each league

Guest crosser

all together, no point in seperate forums in my opinion. not enough posts for it.

do you not think that if you add the 107 topic's that have been posted since the sub forum's have been created to the main discussion board it will make it harder to find what you are looking for.

we are only what a week into the season and I would hazzard a guess that once the leagues get into full swing more topics will get created hence more topics to scroll through until you find what you want.

Stay with the sub forums you know it makes sense :yahoo:

I don't thnk so, Truro have a forum all to themselves yet the ECPL and the COMBO (both senior leagues) have a forum each. Seems simple to me. Or is that to easy. Two or three people have agreed with you and as far as you are concerned thats it. I Like democracy but not as you know it.

Just give the Combo and the ECPL their own forums. And no Crosser I would not have a clue how to set up a Web site.

Guest Postie Pidge

Let's just leave it as it is, it's much easier. Both leagues are parallel to each other anyway. When and if they ever merge it would be simpler and only one sub-forum would be needed anyway

Aagghhh!

Don't say they're going to merge.

I'm sure teams in Cornwall don't want to be playing in the SWPL Div 2 West

The only thing I would personally accept is

SWPL Premier - as now

Cornwall Senior League Premier - old SWPL Div 1 West

Cornwall Senior League Div 1 - best teams from Combo and ECPL

Cornwall Senior league Div 2 East and West - The rest of the Combo, ECPL, Duchy Premier

Underneath this have the

Cornwall Junior League Premier, then Div 1, then Div 2 East and West, then Div 3 East and West. This will be for Falmoouth Helston, Mining League and rest of Duchy League.

Why paparazzi? That is an arrogant reply based on no susbtance.

You take the view of three people and thats alright then. If you cant change it why not say so.

Why dont people just read it as the admin team have it set up which ever way they think is best? people always moaning about something. The people who look after and run this site do a great job and with people constantly on there case about anything and everything they will just say sod it and then none of us will have this excellent site to read/post on anymore.

Guest crosser

I have just had a great Idea now stick with me as it might seem strange but i'm sure this will work

why not give everybody their own sub forum, no more arguments no more discussions i'm sure it will be a winner :clapper: :P

Guest crosser

now thats a good idea you could have a sub forum for players then sub-sub forums for goalies, left backs, right backs, centre halfs, wingers, tell you what we are onto something here :P

Posting silly comments does not actually solve the problem. We all seemed to agree to have seperate forums, so why do Truro get one all to themselves and the 28 teams of the ECPL do not. Seems logical to me. Surely it can't be that difficult. perhaps technology hasn't reached this part of the world yet. All I'm doing is looking out for my own league. Anyway who decided to give Truro their own forum when they have a big enough one on their own web site. Again just looking out for the ECPL or is it not Cornish enough.

The Toolstation league got their own forum cos there are no other leagues at that level that a cornish team is competing in, The reason the ECPL shares its forum with the Combination league is because they are on the both same level of football.

We have 6 sub sections now, if we give the ECPL a sub section that means we will have to do the same for the Combo, FHFL, Mining etc etc which means we`ll end up with 12 sub sections!!!!

If you feel that strongly ECPL then why dont you start your own poll and find out what the other users think, but i think you`ll find that most members of this site want it left the way it is, And we the Admin and mods of this site have selected what we think is the best layout for our members.

Start a poll if you think enough people want more sub sections.

I've got to agree with Gillsy. Paparazzi & co give up their time to administrate this forum so let's just go with what they see fit to give us. Is it so hard to have the ECPL & the Combo in the same forum? I don't think so.

ps Cornishteddyboy - love the piccie!!

Guest crosser

now thats a good idea you could have a sub forum for players then sub-sub forums for goalies, left backs, right backs, centre halfs, wingers, tell you what we are onto something here :P

And one for Crosser

The Spend Lots Of Time On Forums Posting But Dont Actually Go to Games Forum :rolleyes:

I have actually been to two games this season :thumbsup: and I was thinking about venturing down to blazey this afternoon, but I've got to wash my hair :lol: