Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results - 12th January 2013

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest BenTheYeti

The grammatical inaccuracy in near enough every post on this thread gives me great concern for the future of our country!

Perhaps we should all just get back to kicking lumps out of each other on a Saturday..

oh wait, we can't.. it's raining again..

The grammatical inaccuracy in near enough every post on this thread gives me great concern for the future of our country!
Could argue the missing comma in your post - you have made two distinct statements in one sentence.

Of course - it is dependant on which school of grammar you adhere too. Myself I am a Larry Task devotee.

No doubt isaac could correct us both - I await the pleasure.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="TheolderIgetthebetterIwas" data-cid="227772" data-time="1358379160"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Titus Bramble" data-cid="227765"><p>The grammatical inaccuracy in near enough every post on this thread gives me great concern for the future of our country!</p></blockquote>Could argue the missing comma in your post - you have made two distinct statements in one sentence.<br />

Of course - it is dependant on which school of grammar you adhere too. Myself I am a Larry Task devotee.<br />

No doubt isaac could correct us both - I await the pleasure.</p></blockquote>

I fail to see the 2nd distinct statement. Perhaps you could be kind enough to point it out? ?

As a newcomer to the site I am failing to see what all the animosity is toward Titans? I as a local football follower have seen them play on a number of occasions and can only say that they play football the right way and that their manager is lucky to have such a hard working and tight nit group of young players. From the games I have seen the only downfall that I can see is the lack of a more upstanding and vocal captain as I feel that their current one (Jack I think he's called) although good with the ball seems unwilling to listen to his team mates and has a quiet approach (this is of my opinion obviously). Other than that they are clearly only looking to get themselves promoted and in my opinion have the team in which to do so and for me win the league outright.

Perhaps Cornish snow plough u can introduce at your next visit to titans. With reference to your remarks, about erm jack the captain. Allow me to profile him for you. Jack is a young lad who has an abundance of talent Is frequently talked about at other clubs as many junior players are at this level. But for some reason loves playing his football for guess who YEP me and Titans as a whole. I made jack captain not for his vocal ability but his Alround game his approach on and off the field is 100% . He may as a young lad not want to be criticised by team mates in the heat of battle but he will learn to approach them back with the right mannerism given time. His footballing ability is superb he can glide along the floor with the ball tight to feet and shows no smart ass way about him, with 20 goals to his name this season from midfield this is another attribute which he brings us. I'm sure most teams in div 2 who know jack would not say no to him. I for one am happy to have him on board for this season at least.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="TheolderIgetthebetterIwas" data-cid="227772" data-time="1358379160"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Titus Bramble" data-cid="227765"><p>The grammatical inaccuracy in near enough every post on this thread gives me great concern for the future of our country!</p></blockquote>Could argue the missing comma in your post - you have made two distinct statements in one sentence.<br />

Of course - it is dependant on which school of grammar you adhere too. Myself I am a Larry Task devotee.<br />

No doubt isaac could correct us both - I await the pleasure.</p></blockquote>

I fail to see the 2nd distinct statement. Perhaps you could be kind enough to point it out?

Read your post- and mine again, comma after thread for me. Explained in my second sentence, it depends which school of thought you belong too. I'm sure we won't be falling out over it....either would suffice.

Marksy I am not disputing the fact that he is a great player and part of a very good young side. Was just putting my opinion across. For me Titans will and deserve to win Div 2 as I mentioned in an earlier post they fight for each other and from what I have seen will do just as well in Div 1 with a strong squad of players. I have noticed the addition of Shovs at centre half (sorry don't know his full name) a strong player to have in your side with senior football experience who I had heard had hung up the boots so a great addition. There are however many others within the squad that could play at a higher level and wouldn't look out of place. Titans for Div 2 or I will eat my hat!!!

No no probs csp just wanted to let u know my reasons for Jack as captain. Some managers put keepers as captains - defenders all the way through to strikers , most lead vocally, I have over my time at Titans been unlucky in the fact that my gob seems to be the only Loud one there but I have certainly gained in the footballing side of it with some really nice football being played. Before everyone jumps in to say don't be daft I really am at times quite loud:) hehe, anyway gotta go me and le boss have been invited to January's pie and mash combo at our local. All u can eat for a fiver, gotta get there quick they only do enough for 200 people.

As a newcomer to the site I am failing to see what all the animosity is toward Titans? I as a local football follower have seen them play on a number of occasions and can only say that they play football the right way and that their manager is lucky to have such a hard working and tight nit group of young players. From the games I have seen the only downfall that I can see is the lack of a more upstanding and vocal captain as I feel that their current one (Jack I think he's called) although good with the ball seems unwilling to listen to his team mates and has a quiet approach (this is of my opinion obviously). Other than that they are clearly only looking to get themselves promoted and in my opinion have the team in which to do so and for me win the league outright.
Animosity towards Titans ??? Just reads like a bit of banter to me.

I played against Titans on sat for Hayle (no 16, a lot of hair). I enjoyed the battle I had with their captain in the middle. He seem to lead by example and he did talk to the players around him well I thought. Titans are a good bunch of lads that can play some very nice football.

It's going to be very hard for any team to beat them this season

No no probs csp just wanted to let u know my reasons for Jack as captain. Some managers put keepers as captains - defenders all the way through to strikers , most lead vocally, I have over my time at Titans been unlucky in the fact that my gob seems to be the only Loud one there but I have certainly gained in the footballing side of it with some really nice football being played. Before everyone jumps in to say don't be daft I really am at times quite loud:) hehe, anyway gotta go me and le boss have been invited to January's pie and mash combo at our local. All u can eat for a fiver, gotta get there quick they only do enough for 200 people.

I have my £20-00 ready!!!

On a serious note, I, like my protege, have a skipper who is not the most vocal on or off the pitch and this was the case last year to a lesser extent - both conduct themselves brilliantly on and off the pitch, always give 100 per cent and can be trusted to do the right thing. I am fortunate that I have senior players that are vocal and dont need the captains arm band to be so - it works for us and obviously it works for my protege at Titans.

Now its pie time and remember MARKSY, your trophy awaits you at ours!!!!

£20 some my say this conversation is daft i couldnt buy my curry sauce for that? :yahoo: Forgive me for being dumb here Le Boss but Protege, does that not mean i learnt from the best :P OH yes i keep forgetting you are the best, which kind of makes me pretty good to then :D Dont forget our small conversation Mitch 716 :ph34r: Watch the tongues go now :yahoo: