Cornwall Football Forum

Trelawny League Results - 12th January 2013

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

St Agnes 1 - 1 Gwinear CT

Probably a fair result in the end on a slippery pitch. Aggie took the lead in the first half when Brandon Light went through 1 on 1 from a Spencer Hassell pass and slotted past the keeper confidently.

Gwinear nearly equalised on the stroke of half time, a powerful shot being tipped onto the bar and then the follow up was also headed against the bar (although the player was offside from the initial shot the ref ruled it was a second phase of play because the shot hit the bar - this is offside in my opinion) before Alex Walker heroically cleared.

In the second half Gwinear scored with 20 mins to go, a free kick on the edge of their own box was played forward, flicked on and slotted past the keeper.

The referee booked an Aggie player for the first tackle of the game which was a tangle of legs, then he let the game flow to the point that St Agnes were only awarded 1 freekick in the first half and 2 in the second which must be some kind of record?

Guest BenTheYeti

Percy Stephens Cup

Halsetown 2 - 6 Chacewater

Sorry Nigel, my battery ran out!

Fair result at the end of the day, looked very even at 2-2 approaching half time and could have gone either way, but two goals either side of half time put Chacewater in the driving seat. Halsetown had some good chances to get the goals back but were denied by some very good saves, and then the legs tired and Chacewater ran away with it a bit.
First time I've seen the green and blacks play for a few seasons and they look a good unit, the 3 lads up front (10,9 and 5) were top drawer.

Had my first look too at the young ref people keep mentioning, Jordan Myatt, and I'd like to say I like his style, booked two players very early on for dissent/abusive language and that was the last heard from either side. However, I have to say he gave a really bad penalty decision too, but very good to see someone his age putting on the black strip and doing a good job

Percy Stephens Cup

Halsetown 2 - 6 Chacewater

Sorry Nigel, my battery ran out!

Fair result at the end of the day, looked very even at 2-2 approaching half time and could have gone either way, but two goals either side of half time put Chacewater in the driving seat. Halsetown had some good chances to get the goals back but were denied by some very good saves, and then the legs tired and Chacewater ran away with it a bit.

First time I've seen the green and blacks play for a few seasons and they look a good unit, the 3 lads up front (10,9 and 5) were top drawer.

Had my first look too at the young ref people keep mentioning, Jordan Myatt, and I'd like to say I like his style, booked two players very early on for dissent/abusive language and that was the last heard from either side. However, I have to say he gave a really bad penalty decision too, but very good to see someone his age putting on the black strip and doing a good job

Thanks Ben,your scores enabled me to keep up with what was happening.

Could you please message me with any further info on the game?

Jordan reffed the original game which was abandoned due to the weather and did a decent job.Quite promising i would say of my one view of him.

Storm 6 (3) Madron 2 (2)

One hell of a game played at Clijah today. Storm quickly took the lead after David Mitchell picked the ball up on the halfway line and cut inside from tthe left wing, beating 3 madron players before curling a shot inside the far post. Madron came back at us stronglyand equalised from a nearpost header from a corner. A David Price deflected drive, a header from David Mitchell, sandwiched by a cracking turn and volley by one of the madron frontmen made it 3-2 at the half.

In the second half Storm took the game by the proverbial scruff, and despite Madron's eager striker (who was caught offside numerous times) trying to test the Storm defence, David Mitchell (sliced nearpost shot to lob the keeper and find inside the back post to complete the hat-trick), Matt Clarkson and James Chilman (pen) (both as a result of great work by Will Annear down the right) put the game to bed.

Great game of football, played in the right spirits. Nice to see the Madron boys come back for food and beer after the game and look forward to the reverse fixture.

Storm MoM: David Mitchell

Trelawny 4

St Ives mariners 3 vs mullion 3rds 0

A top draw performance from mariners wining their 2nd game of the year, lets hope 2013 is a lot better than last year. The first clean sheet of the season came against a team that apparently had players from the leagues above due to the 1st and 2nd teams games being called off, but mariners just kept focused and deserved the 3 points.

Goal scorers:

Bradley 1

Mackers 2

MOM Alan williams

• PSC
  • Newquay 3rds 3 perranporth reserves 1
  • missed the first half due to family commitments but from what i saw in the second we were soundly beaten by a very well organised newquay team.Got to say we were atrocious and the lads know what i think.
  • Special praise has to be given to the young no 11, the full back no 2 and no 8 in the middle.All will surely be senior players very soon.
  • Well done newquay thats a bitter pill to swallow

Titans 7 Hayle 3

First ten minutes Hayle had two one on ones which Ryan saved superbly well and then we clicked into gear with 3 goals in 8 minutes and at 6-2 h-t we weren't really troubled. All credit to Hayle they had slightly the better of the second half and made it 6-3 before we got the 7 th. Another brace for Adam brown and jack stocker.

Div 5

Marazion Res 5-0 Camborne Park

If ever there was a game we had to win, this was it. Having not played since the middle of December we hoped there would be no Christmas hangover. We started the game well and like Park did to us at their ground, we were quick to close them down. In the first half hour we created enough chances to win two games but poor finishing, good keeping and the woodwork kept the score at 0-0. Park had a couple of chances and hit the post on the counter attack. Then Craig Rennard cut in from the right, opened his body and side footed it passed the keeper. We felt a little hard done by to only be one up at half time, as we had dominated and created so many good chances.

The team talk was easy....just keep playing as we had. The next twenty minutes were probably the best we have played all season. First Dale Vigus, who had dominated the midfield all game, cut the defence in half and Liam Mooney just had to blast in past the keeper. Within minutes Matty Thomas collected a throwing from the left, cut inside and then unleashed and unstoppable shot into the top corner. Sanjay then made it four by firing into the bottom corner from the left and Adam Caul scored the fifth when the keeper and his defender got in a muddle and he had a tap in from 3 yards. Park had a couple of chances in the second half and Eric had to make a class save late on. The game was well reffed and I can't remember any bad challenges.

All in all it was our best performance for the season, five goals against a team that will be up there at the end of the season and a second clean sheet on the trot. We might have caught Park on an off day but all in all it was a dominant performance. The groundsman might need to put a bit of paint on the woodwork as we hit it five or six times.

Eric Sleeman

Jamie Mooney Danny Taylor

Scott James

Adam Martin

Adam Caul 1

Sanjay 1

Craig Rennard 1

Dale Vigus

Steve Hunt Mark Hampton

Matty Thomas 1

Liam Mooney 1 Jason O'Sullivan

MOM - Dale Vigus.....dominated the midfield and created chance after chance for the forwards.

Cury 1 - 3 threemilestone

Very surprised that this team have only won twice this season some very good players young strong and quick team I am sure if they keep this team together they will move up the league. As for cury we are starting to build a decent squad and with a bit of tweaking a am sure that there is some wins round the corner for us

Very surprised that this team have only won twice this season some very good players young strong and quick team I am sure if they keep this team together they will move up the league. As for cury we are starting to build a decent squad and with a bit of tweaking a am sure that there is some wins round the corner for us

Not surprised at all....from what i saw of the match thought both teams were poor......worst penalty i have ever seen in my life too!!

DIV 5

ST.ERME (3) 6 Rapsey 24, 82, 88, James 10, Hill 43, McDonnell 75,

NEWQUAY (1) 3 17, 72, 79,

Cracking game, end to end, hard to play much football on our pitch to be honest and it probably didn't suit the young Newquay team who to their credit kept fighting back and we didn't really clinch it until the last ten. Great result for us as Newquay thrashed us 5-1 at the beginning of the season. Goal of the day from Dave Hill right on half time with a 25 yard strike.

Fallowfield

Truscott

Howman

Spencer

Dave Hill

James

Bellamy (Dean Hill 28) (Steve Brown 63)

Penrose

McDonnell

Jolly (Parr 70)

Rapsey

DIV 5

ST.ERME (3) 6 Rapsey 24, 82, 88, James 10, Hill 43, McDonnell 75,

NEWQUAY (1) 3 17, 72, 79,

Cracking game, end to end, hard to play much football on our pitch to be honest and it probably didn't suit the young Newquay team who to their credit kept fighting back and we didn't really clinch it until the last ten. Great result for us as Newquay thrashed us 5-1 at the beginning of the season. Goal of the day from Dave Hill right on half time with a 25 yard strike.

Fallowfield

Truscott

Howman

Spencer

Dave Hill

James

Bellamy (Dean Hill 28) (Steve Brown 63)

Penrose

McDonnell

Jolly (Parr 70)

Rapsey

getting closer bud!! well done

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dobbie" data-cid="227452" data-time="1358027099"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Cury fc" data-cid="227443" data-time="1358024344"><p>Cury 1 - 3 threemilestone<br />

<br />

Very surprised that this team have only won twice this season some very good players young strong and quick team I am sure if they keep this team together they will move up the league. As for cury we are starting to build a decent squad and with a bit of tweaking a am sure that there is some wins round the corner for us</p></blockquote>

Not surprised at all....from what i saw of the match thought both teams were poor......worst penalty i have ever seen in my life too!!</p></blockquote

Defo two poor teams on the day but thought you had a few players out there today that could hurt any team in that division. Good luck for the rest of the season bud. Thanks for coming back for food and beers. Looking forward to the return game at your place. As for the penalty enough said lol

Titans 7 Hayle 3

First ten minutes Hayle had two one on ones which Ryan saved superbly well and then we clicked into gear with 3 goals in 8 minutes and at 6-2 h-t we weren't really troubled. All credit to Hayle they had slightly the better of the second half and made it 6-3 before we got the 7 th. Another brace for Adam brown and jack stocker.

This was a classic game of two halves really with titans makeing the better of the slope and "pitch" which wont look that out of place in a spa now as it is basically a mud bath. Should the game of gone ahead was a big question, as titans were scooping water out of the goalmouth half an hour before kickoff. Certainly by the end of the game the pitch was unplayable and impossible to play football on so titans going downhill in the first half did prove to be crutial. Taking nothing away from titans they are a very good side and they took their chances in the first half. but the reverse fixture was a very different story on a decent pitch with a playable playing surface (2-2). Referee had some very shakey decisions, had a better second half but never really had control of the game and not dealing with firery moments in the first half and not dealing with an elbow in the second leaving blood coming from the Hayle players mouth.... well, he looked quite lost! He did have a better second half though!

Titans a good bunch of lads and the food was good. Any team will do well to take points off them this season, definate title contenders! Good luck for the rest of the season!

We had no 1st team game today, and although i aint seen todays squad i would of thought there was probably a couple of 1st teamers in to give the side a bit of confidence. Think the ressies next game is Cury at home.

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Ron Manager" data-cid="227466" data-time="1358037415"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Cury fc" data-cid="227443" data-time="1358024344"><p>Cury 1 - 3 threemilestone<br />

<br />

Very surprised that this team have only won twice this season some very good players young strong and quick team I am sure if they keep this team together they will move up the league. As for cury we are starting to build a decent squad and with a bit of tweaking a am sure that there is some wins round the corner for us</p></blockquote>

We had no 1st team game today, and although i aint seen todays squad i would of thought there was probably a couple of 1st teamers in to give the side a bit of confidence. Think the ressies next game is Cury at home.</p></blockquote>

You are a club not just a team and if that's the case that you brought a couple of 1st teamers in we at cury have no problems with that you have to put out your strongest team and do what's best for your club. Looking forward to the return match. Cheers

First of all that bloke, there was nothing wrong with the surface of the pitch certainly no worse than at yours. Let's not pretend you guys played any football and were hard done by the ref did very well for 16 and I complain win or lose about them. To be fair at yours 3 weeks ago we drew 1-1 not 2-2 as u stated and the surface was no better. There were a few challenges from both teams with two little spats with handbags and the ref let them get on with it before sensibly having a word. You have a decent team there that will play it's part in upsetting sides at the top this season and u will certainly move up into the top 6 sooner than later. If you guys perform like the last 3 games I have watched 2-2 at St Ives then u will do well. Good luck for the rest of your season

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Cury fc" data-cid="227459" data-time="1358029927"><p>

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="dobbie" data-cid="227452" data-time="1358027099"><p><br />

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Cury fc" data-cid="227443" data-time="1358024344"><p>Cury 1 - 3 threemilestone<br /><br />mate I am nothing to do with tms. ..was just out watching so my observations were purely neutral!! Shame I missed the food and beer!!

<br /><br />

Very surprised that this team have only won twice this season some very good players young strong and quick team I am sure if they keep this team together they will move up the league. As for cury we are starting to build a decent squad and with a bit of tweaking a am sure that there is some wins round the corner for us</p></blockquote><br />

Not surprised at all....from what i saw of the match thought both teams were poor......worst penalty i have ever seen in my life too!!</p></blockquote<br />

<br />

Defo two poor teams on the day but thought you had a few players out there today that could hurt any team in that division. Good luck for the rest of the season bud. Thanks for coming back for food and beers. Looking forward to the return game at your place. As for the penalty enough said lol</p></blockquote>

Sorry the 2-2 was st I'ves the following week as you stated. Still 1-1 was an upset in your eyes but it was fair for how the game went. How you can say your surface was as good as our is laughable, was we scooping water off the pitch minutes before KO, no, was we standing 3 inches in mud when the game was done, no, did we have grass left on the pitch, yes! The ref was very intimidated and didn't handle everything well as another experienced referee would have. I think he also had bad decisions for you also! No we didn't play football that much but how can you on that pitch?

yeh i know the ref hes my son :D 1-1 was not an upset at yours, we missed 3 one on ones and an 88th minute penalty . we got what we deserved 1 point. The pitch never stopped us playing football yesterday :D i love the fact you let 7 goals in and we missed a hatful more but the pitch was never playable. Theres plenty of grass on our pitch, ive checked it this morning and it looks fine found a few sour grapes on it but other than that its perfect. In all honesty i spoke to the ref before the game and after and he was a very nice young man by the name of Sam Mills. I must admit at a young age its concerning if something happens however he was in my opinion very good he let the game flow and only gave decisions that he felt were stone wall. :thumbsup:

There shouldn't be any grapes there if you read previous post you will see I said you took your chances and we didn't, you are a good side blah blah blah. I am only calling it from our perspective and obviously it is going to be different view but from you reaction to an opinion other than yours it obvious that I may of hit a nerve! Nothing sour there and you used the pitch what you are used to hoof from right to left And cross the ball in. Nothing on the deck as it won't move! Simple it worked for you not for us as the score shows!

There shouldn't be any grapes there if you read previous post you will see I said you took your chances and we didn't, you are a good side blah blah blah. I am only calling it from our perspective and obviously it is going to be different view but from you reaction to an opinion other than yours it obvious that I may of hit a nerve! Nothing sour there and you used the pitch what you are used to hoof from right to left And cross the ball in. Nothing on the deck as it won't move! Simple it worked for you not for us as the score shows!

I can assure you that, having played Titans twice this season and last season too, they are not a side that don't use the deck, or are a "hoof from left to right" side. The fact that they can change their game to suit pitches and opposition is one of the reasons that they are many people's (bluebridge aside) favourites for the Div 2 title this year.

Hayle87, I don't think there is any point in him posting, unless you all need to be told how good you were... Was a good game, marazion dominated and park weren't at the races. Bluenose had already given a spot on report. But yes you were all very good. Pat on the back lol all the best matt n co x

That bloke are u blue bridge in disguise or something, we are by no means bloody Brazil but we do play as much one two touch football as possible. As for hoof it left and hoof it right :yahoo: Tom millburn my midfield player is a big lad in the shower but thats the only resemblence too a hoof {horse} i can think of. Touch a nerve :D:D u don't know me buddy. Thanks Peggy 78 x