Cornwall Football Forum

St Agnes 1-2 Perranporth

2-1 was a great result although I would have been happier with 2-0, the St Agnes goal was a bit of a fluker but I guess the same could be said of our second. Maynards goal was a blinder which the goalie never even moved for - an absolute peach. There's always going to be tension at a Perran/Aggie game but I think their players behaviour was terrible. Mr Kimmins was a bit rattled too from what I heard!!

Slow down Perranporth - the ref had a fair game actually - the result went your way and on the first half - but the first half only - you probably deserved it. Tom Benney's goal was as good as you get but unfortunately he missed the other sitter as did several other Aggie players. The attitude of some of your players was as bad if not worse than others on the pitch and the referee himself said he could of sent at least 2 off from each side if he had wanted to. Good luck for the rest of the season - it is very sad that your bench and your supporters still have to result to the language and abuse they feel necessary - especially the younger generation present - such language from such youngsters is very, very sad especially as it is so clearly encouraged by the adults present - a deserved win for you - we look forward to meeting you again in the season.

i hate it when refs say"i could have sent a him off" why didnt they! too much paperwork! if people infring the laws of the game then punish them!!

as for peoples attitude and foul language we all have the odd outburst but i dont bring my son to games as i feel a lot of places both home and away have language branded thats not appropriate!! we want more kids to be involved with the game so cut it out!!

RANT OVER!!

Aggiemaid I was on the Perran bench with my two children stood very close by me and I can assure you that if there was foul language coming from there I would have told the people responsible to shut up. As a youth coach, committee member and assistant to the first team I feel it is our duty to lead by example to our "younger generation". Unfortunately we do not have control over the language used by our spectators or their children. Thanks for your hospitality this evening and all at Perran wish you the very best for the season.

"There's always going to be tension at a Perran/Aggie game but I think their players behaviour was terrible"

What a fantastic comment coming from a Perran official!! Rose tinted glasses springs to mind!!!

I wasn't there last night, so congrats on Perran on the derby win, they're always up for the game against Aggie, mainly I think due to them having more local boys than what our first team have. I'll however, still never lose the memory of beating Perran in Junior Cup 4/5 years ago, some of the Perran (supporters) behaviour was especially disgraceful that day, however, there was an apology issued!!

JUST TO CLEAR UP THE EARLIER QUESTION;

ABSOLUTELY YES IS THE ANSWER.

IF YOU USE ANY ABUSIVE, OFFENSIVE OR INSULTING LANGUAGE AT ANYBODY THEN THE REFEREE IS OBLIGED TO SEND YOU OFF.

THIS RULE ALSO APPLIES TO MANAGERS, USED SUBSTITUTES AND UNUSED SUBSTITUTES. THIS INCLUDES SUGGESTIVE BANTER AND ENCOURAGEMENT TO YOUR OWN PLAYERS.

BELIEVE ME, I AM DOING EVERYBODY A FAVOUR WHEN I DO MY BEST TO EXERCISE THIS LAW - JUST LISTEN TO PLAYERS AND FANS FROM BOTH TEAMS COMPLAINING ABOUT THE OTHER TEAM GETTING AWAY WITH IT.

I PUT IT DOWN AS SIMPLE AS THIS - I OFTEN BRING MY SEVEN YEAR OLD SON TO GAMES AND IF IT IS UNSUITABLE FOR HIM TO HEAR, AND WAS AN UNNECESSARY OUTBURST, THEN THE RED CARD COMES OUT.

WHO THE LANGUAGE WAS AIMED AT, AND IN WHAT CONTEXT, DEFINES AS TO EXACTLY WHAT FINE OR SUSPENSION IS IMPOSED BY CCFA. EITHER WAY IT IS A DISMISSAL FROM THE FIELD FROM THE REFEREE ON THE DAY.

WE ALL TRY AND EXERCISE COMMON SENSE BUT DO NOT EXPECT THE REFEREE TO BE UNDERSTANDING OF YOUR OUTBURST - THE EASY ANSWER IS GET IN THE HABIT OF NOT DOING IT.

I was saying about your comment about disgraceful behaviour from St Agnes players!!

I take it you not been at Perran long then? or you weren't there 2 years ago in the dressing rooms after one game?

I have great respect for the togetherness that Perran have, and if I see the boys out, they always stop and say hello and things shake hands, but to accuse others is almost masking your own team!!!

ps. Do I know you?

It probably was Hayd, unfortunatly I wasn't there, cos I'm aware assisting in the eradication of the Foot and Mouth disease!! (earning more money to you or I!)

There's always wind blowing up at Aggie!!

if it ant raining,its to bloody windy to go up a ladder,perhaps all that extra monies your earing you donate to the poor old window from truro,as you only had to sit on your ass to get it heee :o

Darren, to set the record straight the behaviour of both sets of players was fine up until we went 2-0 up, at this point things started to get a bit heated. Perran played some very attractive football and I dont think it was too appreciated by the Aggie boys as they expected to hammer us or atleast beat us. Alex was consistently fouled throughout the game and some of the reactions from the Aggie boys were clearly OTT.

Perran have lost a few players this season but have replaced them with new younger blood and the team thoroughly deserved their victory, starting line up was as follows:

Micky Lane, Danny Kent, Johnny Williams, James Bright, Alex Penn, Jamie Cox, Ross Maynard, Sam Mansfield, Sam Moustrides, Mark Tregenna, Alex Arquati. (8 of the starting 11 aged under 20)

Martyn again looked happy after the game and the eery silence in the showers after the game spoke a thousand words !

Good luck to Aggie for the rest of the season and thanks for the hospitality after the game the food was very nice :clapper:

the side perran had out last night and the players they were missing spoke volumes for the football they played. that particular group of players will suffer because of the reputations of those missing or moved on last night.

however, some of those missing will return shortly and they will again be known for their aggression ( bordering violence ) instead of their football. which their management will always condone.

some of those missing will return shortly and they will again be known for their aggression ( bordering violence ) instead of their football. which their management will always condone.

Blimey sbrugby that's a bit harsh :blink: As far as I am aware we only have 2 players out at the moment, neither of which are known to be particularly agressive and our management NEVER condone violence in the game.

No St Darren you don't know me :P I've been at Perran long enough but, being a woman, you won't find me in the changing rooms after any games I'm afraid!!

No probs Ronin, just checking!!

Micky, hope you weren't including yourself as one of the under 20's!!! As I said, Perran have a great team spirit which gets them through games. I heard there was some over zealous tackling, but then, when isn't there in a game involving Perranporth and Aggie!!

As I said, I've still got my memories of the Junior Cup!!!