Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay sign two former Falmouth players

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RobbieS

Just thought I would point out that if you go back and read your own posts thoroughly you keep contradicting yourself.

You have a very weak team but don,t want to hang on to your best players so you don,t even try to persuade them to stay.

You want to bring in local youth players even getting a Trelawney side started to help this, yet you went to a West pennisula league match to seek players, and the pace was slow and the players were not able to take the step up.

Even though West pennisula league players are not good enough to get into your team your mother appears to be able to hold down a place.

You played 5 probus players so they must be better than the West pennisula players you saw.

Your team have contained players that could,nt make last years combo side on a regular basis.

Any player wishing to leave can now make 1 phone call to either you or "Uncle Les" and can have a immediate transfer, because you have publicly said this you will now have to stand by it.

Paul murrey did assemble a strong squad in the combo last year and had he known that you was only going to move "his" squad up to the 1st team he just aswell have taken the job of first team manager himself.

And as for the scenario you are having with Newquay it's been going on for years transfering from via another club right back to Slatford who done it to Falmouth 20years ago. personally if I was a manager of say Penzance and I was asked if I would put in 7 days for a player to then move on, I would make sure that the player would at least help me out for a couple of games as a token jesture

Dyl

Dyl. The thing with my mother was obviously said in jest? No good havin a pop at me regarding Paul. The people in charge of the club came to us rather than appoint him, not our doing. We have a track record in picking clubs up off the floor, so maybe that was their thinking. Paul with all due respect has no track record at CSWPL level, so you can't compare. And I'm not suggesting he couldn't by the way. He chose to go to Wendron off his own back, and in no way was he pushed. He may well have felt aggrieved, and if so, I can understand his decision. I did say that the match we went to see wasn't the most inspiring, but I didn't say that West players in general couldn't make the grade, it just wasn't the best of games, and yes it is a bit worrying.

As for youth, we have to look at bringing youngsters through, I did this at Penzance, like I said in another post, where did the Vercesi's come from? I also said that we couldn't keep the whole squad we inherited, even if we wanted to, as the budget simply will not cover them all. The two players in the Newquay fiasco were not in our plans, for reasons I'm not going to air on here, so that's that. We still have the best player at the club even before we got there in Jason Chapman, and he understands where we are and where we're trying to get to. He also understands that this isn't possible overnight. A couple of the Probus lads have played at the higher level in the past & trust me they are good enough. We've come in at a difficult time in the season, and so it is a difficult time to get players to move, especially without throwing money at them. You obviously have an affiliation to Paul, and that's fine, but all I can say to you is this. We are on the job, and we'll do it as we see fit, and in our eyes, what's best for the club. I'm sorry if we're not what you want, but I guess you can never please everybody?

Robbies I was'nt having a pop at you or defending Paul who I have no affiliation with whatsoever although I did play for Wendron a while back I was merely pointing out some of the things which were a bit contridicting in your previous posts.

It does seem from a neutral prospective that although quality players are difficult to keep hold of and also good managers no-one has answered a frequently asked question on here as to why falmouth town has not tried to deter quality players from leaving? and again you have posted that if a player requests a transfer all they have to do is give you a call and they can go,you quoted Jason Chapman as the best player in the club is this option open for him if he wants to leave? as a top quality player how long is he prepared to take these defeats? again as a neutral and def not an anti fal town person in the process of a re-build do you not feel that you maybe should start with trying to persuade players to bear with you whilst you are trying to pick the club up? Dyl

hi robbie s i have spoken to a player of yours nathan mcintosh and he has asked to leave but he was told they would not let him go to the club he wishes to join.so are you sure you mean what you have said on here that ANY player that want to leave only need to ask and you will release them.This player a little off because he said he has helped you and les out since you took over.so answer me this simple question will you let him leave or not? all the best to you and les and falmouth anyway dyl

Deadcert, correct procedures have to be followed. Releasing players isnt the issue here quite frankly. The club you talk about have attempted to bend the rules by doing what Newquay did. They have to my knowledge got three Ex Town Combo players signed on namely the Goaly, the manager and the ass manager. They therefore have to wait the alloted time before putting in for someone else. Players are there to play incidentally, if Nathan has chosen to play for Falmouth then dont turn him into a Martyr by suggesting he has done us a huge favour. He has his own mind...I think.

Suzie,

Robbie has clearly stated on the above posts that Newquay were out of order by getting players to transfer via different clubs. He has also said that to stop this happening if a player wishes to leave then they can speak to him and go. so indirectly as many players that would like to go to Newquay are in Robbies eyes allowed to go the rules can be waived. therefore surely if nathan mcintosh as asked to leave and Robbie has publicly said any player can go you have now got to let him. this is getting one big farce as you don,t like whats happening yet you make a statement then go against it.

Robbie should have come on here and said that Newquay wanted more than one player so they had to transfer via another club I don,t like it but it is a loophole.

Now the whole club looks totally untrustworthy Dyl

By the way Suzie are you the new "head of football"

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Wake me up when this one is concluded!!

it may be boring to you but to Falmouth Town its deadly serious. You have the biggest club ( by reputation) in Cornwall being picked off by others who are quite happy to use the loophole that we all know about. It stinks.

As you know I am not a supporter of Falmouth but I do not like what is happening there at the moment. Will everbody be happy when they have no players left ???? As for the players, my thoughts on them are best not put into print..

Matt Drummond, Ross Pope both leaving ???? we'll see, if they do - its all about money. I would be the same as Robbie - git out.

Where the hell are they going to go to replace everybody who's left - there's nowhere to go at this time of the season.

So if this thread bores you - you better hope your club does not face the same scenario.

So - go back to sleep.

With Newquay signing these 2 players it means 2 of the younger players will drop out which seems very unfair ,i have seen Newquay play a few times this season and been very impressed but surely this will affect team spirit .Theres something going on at Newquay so many players crying off with work commitment or other excuses but they still have a very good team .Wayne Quinn he was a good player but he is getting on now ,Looking forward to goin to Bodmin next week to see the peppermints play the mighty Bodmin Luxton and Carter and the rest of the team be getting really worried my prediction 5-1 to Bodmin Carter with a hat trick

I removed that just for toigtbiw.

Just that if everyone was straight with each other it would make life alot easier! managers come on here and say that I dont want a player in my team who does,nt want to play for the club then fail to let them go when they want to. get rid of them! What Robbie seems to want is for no other clubs to approach his players but on the other hand he has put in loads of 7 day approaches in himself to take other clubs players. If two players from one club wanted to come to Fal Town they would do exactly the same as Newquay.

Falmouth Town will fail to improve whilst you got players there that don,t want to play for the club, my advice call a meeting with the players if they want to go then let them then re-build with players that may not be so good but at least they want to play for you

TOIGTBIW I don't see why those guys leaving would be all about money. If you were Matt Drummond and ross pope, both with maybe a couple of seasons left would you not consider your playing time as precious and maybe not want to finish in what is basically a combo team with a couple of prem players? I know some players prefer to win games and enjoy their football rather than solely count the pound signs.

Definitely agree that there are contradictions coming out of town at the moment though which are giving all sorts of mixed messages and it is becoming a bit of a joke.

TOIGTBIW I don't see why those guys leaving would be all about money. If you were Matt Drummond and ross pope, both with maybe a couple of seasons left would you not consider your playing time as precious and maybe not want to finish in what is basically a combo team with a couple of prem players? I know some players prefer to win games and enjoy their football rather than solely count the pound signs.

Definitely agree that there are contradictions coming out of town at the moment though which are giving all sorts of mixed messages and it is becoming a bit of a joke.

Hello Little fella. Just my take on it, but you have a fair point - I'll pull my horns in. Cheers.

I think there are a few on here, who are just out to stir things up. I try to give honest answers to the questions, but it seems some still try & twist things.

1. No club can hang onto any player that doesn't want to be there, they are not contracted. Any manager that I've ever played under would say the same as me, if they want to go, then bye bye. I haven't said I don't want seven days though. And we all know about the 28 day ruling as well, as we've seen what some will do to get around it!?

2. We have put seven days in for a number of players, but that's wrong of us now? And I would never ask another club to sign one of two for us!

I also don't go on a forum to unsettle players at other clubs.

3. Players that are signed on at a club are not doing the manager a favour by playing? I thought that's what you're expecting to do by registering in the first place!?

There are some great debates on here, but there's always a few who overstep the mark, and they always seem to be under a false name.

I think everybody has had enough of this thread now, so that's my final say on the matter, so I'm not a celebrity, but I'm out've here!

it may be boring to you but to Falmouth Town its deadly serious. You have the biggest club ( by reputation) in Cornwall being picked off by others who are quite happy to use the loophole that we all know about. It stinks.

As you know I am not a supporter of Falmouth but I do not like what is happening there at the moment. Will everbody be happy when they have no players left ???? As for the players, my thoughts on them are best not put into print..

Matt Drummond, Ross Pope both leaving ???? we'll see, if they do - its all about money. I would be the same as Robbie - git out.

Where the hell are they going to go to replace everybody who's left - there's nowhere to go at this time of the season.

So if this thread bores you - you better hope your club does not face the same scenario.

So - go back to sleep.

Surely seeming you are in the know so much about local football that Falmouth have never done the same? The trouble with paying money is that as soon as it dries up players move on unless you are very lucky. Again the same with certain managers, players will follow them. I have no gripe with Falmouth as i think it is a great club, always loved playing there.

I hope the current situation sorts itself and i am sure it will in time and Falmouth will be back where they belong. Unfortunately for now it may be a struggle but i would say all of the senior teams in Cornwall have been there at some stage.

I think we've gone off on a bit of a different tangent here. The original thread is about the morals of third parties aiding another club to get around the rules. Technically nobody's done anything wrong, but as many have stated, the manner in which these people have gone about it stinks! The stupid thing with this is we didn't want the players involved to remain at the club anyway! If Hoops had had the decency to ring either Les or myself, we would've happily released both players. Like I said in another thread, I thought that as football people we could talk? Ask Denty, we've spoken & resolved dealings both ways through talking to each other. This isn't anything to do with money, I couldn't give two hoots how much money Newquay have to spend, good luck to them if they're flush. This is about people being deceptive & whatever anyone says to defend it, you can't!!! And for what it's worth if Les or myself had done something out of order, we would both be man enough to apologise, and anybody that knows us will know this to be true!! I've always held the people of Newquay FC in high regard, but things like this don't impress me, I don't suppose everybody there knew what was going on, so they're not all to blame, but some must have known!

RobbieS this a quote from one of your first post clearly saying that if Hoops had called you or Les you would have let both players go. There is not a mention of 7 days or 28 days for that matter! so now Nathan macintosh as asked to leave you are intending to make him wait the alloted time and putting his football on hold.and in your words "this is about people being deceptive & whatever anyone says to defend it you can't"

Are you really a better person than anyone at Newquay?

Some of these players have stood by Falmouth Town when Towns previous manager had all he could do to say hello to them, Everyone including Major knew that Alan Carey could not manage with a minimal budget. he has always Bought league silverware, and when the money was gone so was he.

Long and short of it all you are going back on your words, and this is clearly posted here for everyone to see

There are some at Mount Wise who recall the time when Falmouth Town took the manager and 9 players in one go back in the 90's - nothing to do with the current managers / players / SWPL but someone mentioned Karma in a previous post, some are seeing this as a raw deal for Town, there are some saying... sod 'em.

We're not the one's out of order here, you are! I know exactly what I said, and I stand by it!! Just because I made no mention of the 7 days, didn't mean I wouldn't want them. I have a duty to protect the interests of this club & that I will. Nathan can go as soon as it's possible, you seem to be giving everyone the impression that every player wants to leave Falmouth? You're a bit off the mark if that's what you're thinking, you also state that you're not connected to a club. If you are, I would say that what you're doing is bang out of order & in breach of the seven day rule, as you're obviously approaching players? Why, if you're not connected to a certain club are you so concerned about Nathan's release? In all the years I've been playing & managing, I've never seen the likes of any of this. As for people saying that Falmouth are getting back what they've done to others? They may well have done, but the people that were there then aren't now, so why chirp at us for someone elses doings? All clubs have done it at some point & as we well know, some are still at it? You can't blame the Germans of today for what happenened during the war?

Robbie calm down son, its obvious you have had the bad end of the stick and people have delibertaely taken your words to their advantage - Its very clear Newquay are responsible for taking players from Falmouth through different avenues; however, if players dont want to play for Falmouth then your better off without them. Newquay have done what other clubs have done , and continue to do, so nothing will change ! I think it would be best if players who sign for a team should have a responsibility to play for that team for a required number of matches at least - teams who bounce players are also out of order, if they knowingly sign a player so he can move on. I think its harsh that Falmouth have been hit by so many transfers in the last few weeks , but often a new manager taking over will lose players and you need players who will play for you and the club. Keep your head up and get in players that are with you for the right reasons. :)

I think the point being put over is that RobbieS said that if hoops had only talked to him then something would have been sorted. Yet when Nathan macintosh asked for a release the answer is no wait the 28 days. Obviously Newquay could have waited 28 days for Devine then another 28 for Quinn neither of whom are playing for anybody else. One of them would still not be playing if that was the case. So Newquay used the rules to their advantage. The only possible thing to do without falling into the macintosh trap where human rights (as Phil hiscox has stated!) would be violated! RobbieS...Falmouth gave Newquay one option if they wanted these players quickly, whether you said it or not, you are now saying to macintosh to wait the 28 days so proving your original statement to be false. All respect for your original post now all lost I'm afraid you aren't practicising what you preach. hypocrisy is a transparent thing!

So - go back to sleep.

Surely seeming you are in the know so much about local football that Falmouth have never done the same? The trouble with paying money is that as soon as it dries up players move on unless you are very lucky. Again the same with certain managers, players will follow them. I have no gripe with Falmouth as i think it is a great club, always loved playing there.

I hope the current situation sorts itself and i am sure it will in time and Falmouth will be back where they belong. Unfortunately for now it may be a struggle but i would say all of the senior teams in Cornwall have been there at some stage.

I have intimated as much ealier in the thread.... anyway.....thought you were sleeping ????

I would still have wanted 7 days. Nothing transparent, just going by the rules. We would waive the 7 days, but still require them! Are you thick, or just picking up on any little thing you think you can? Falmouth Town have done absolutely nothing wrong in any of these instances, but we get slated anyhow!? Perhaps we won't waive the 7 days once we receive them now either?

It again would have been better Robbies if you stuck to your word and although your not a celebrity maybe I,m outta here would have been more sensible.

Look at another past post of yours and you have let penzance have two players without waiting the 28 days

Digging a hole Digging a hole

So - go back to sleep.

I have intimated as much ealier in the thread.... anyway.....thought you were sleeping ????

Wide awake unfortunately. No club is any bigger then the next club. Unfortunately as the money dries up the smaller clubs will catch up with the so called bigger clubs!!

hi robbie s i sometimes watch falmoth so who were these 2 players you got in return from penzance can you name them for me please mate

Deadcert I would at this stage like to defend RobbieS we at Penzance did sign two LOCAL players from Penzance and in return agreed to THREE LOCAL ( Steve Retchford, Bryn Wheeler and Dave Rawings) players returning to Falmouth. I would also like to confirm that in all the dealings I have had with Robbie to date he has always reiterated that if a player wants to leave he won't stand in his way.

Like most people Robbie just wants people to be honest and upfront with him, not a lot to ask really is it.

Look forward to seeing you Boxing Day Robbie, weather permitting.

well denty you certainly got the best deal then .you got 2 ppwl players and falmouth got 3 combo players steve retch below average combo player bryn have not played that often and dave out injured probally all season.Is this the type of signings the 1st team are looking at?if so i for one wont pay to watch them anymore.also denty the point is one min robbie s said it only take a phone call from a player and he would release them then he said he wont(nathan mcintosh)i dont agree what happened to town but you cant slag of clubs and players for being dishonest when your not honest yourself.

well denty you certainly got the best deal then .you got 2 ppwl players and falmouth got 3 combo players steve retch below average combo player bryn have not played that often and dave out injured probally all season.Is this the type of signings the 1st team are looking at?if so i for one wont pay to watch them anymore.also denty the point is one min robbie s said it only take a phone call from a player and he would release them then he said he wont(nathan mcintosh)i dont agree what happened to town but you cant slag of clubs and players for being dishonest when your not honest yourself.

Deadcert you asked the question 'what players did Robbie get in return from Penzance' this I have answered. As for you ridiculing these players and their ability is out of order. Surely the fact that all three wanted to go back to their home town club and help them out of the predicament they are in speaks volumes for their character.

I think your attitude comes to the fore with your comment ' I for one won't pay to watch them'. Surely if you are a true Falmouth fan you would support them through thick and thin, at this time more than ever.

True supporters like Johnny Little and Saboo would be turning in their grave with the comments you are making.

I think at the end of the day my point is if people are honest with Robbie he will be honest and fair with them.

Now get behind your club and help them through this time and stop slagging them off if indeed you are a true fan which I greatly doubt.