Cornwall Football Forum

Newquay sign two former Falmouth players

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, another 2 signings for Newquay, the revolving door policy continues. The supporters must be getting dizzy with all the constant comings and goings, yet so little progress this season compared with the expensive squad they had last season from what I can see.

big time charlies at newquay m8,if they wanted 2 win stuff surely bodmin wud b the team 2 sign 4 rather than follow the cash signs 2 newquay!!!

Obviously their spells at Exmouth and St Dennis didn't work out.

Rumour has it they didn't want to spend the rest of the season as bench warmers :D

As a matter of interest are they eligible for either the Senior or Throgmorton Cup?

Devine and Quinn are ineligible for the Throgmorton. Both OK for Senior Cup.

What a farce! I mentioned that this was what these two players would do two weeks ago. It was inevitable although I thought that as St Dennis clubhouse is haunted, Jamie might be going there to offer some Divine intervention

Yep. Jamie has moved on. I think they were after a "ghoul-keeper" Sorry!!!!!

Just goes to show how low some people will go? I don't know anyone at St Dennis, so can't or won't say anything regarding them. However, what are Newquay upto? If Hoops wanted these guys, why not just ask, instead of doing things in a sneaky underhand way. I thought we are all football people & could talk?

Mousehole recently put seven days in for one of our Combo players, but we know it was really to move him to another club. Uncle Les & myself may look stupid, but thankfully we're not as stupid as we look!!

The CCFA need to look at a number of issues, none more so than instances like this.

I'm not saying players shouldn't be allowed to play for whoever they like, but most have been well looked after by the clubs that they turn their backs on, total lack of loyalty and respect for those clubs. Darren Gilbert summed it up a couple of weeks ago, when he said players lack loyalty these days. I think I'm seeing a culture change in youngsters these days, that I can only say disgusts me, and I'm talking outside of football as well here. Not all are in this category, I hasten to add, but unfortunately the numbers are growing!

All clubs have had their ups & downs, and this will probably always be the case, but hey guys, at least be honest with people who have done an awful lot for you. I don't like seeing any club struggle, and understand that within those clubs there are some hardworking decent people, who get taken for a ride by idiots who think they're something that they really are not!!!

Absolutely pathetic! No-one comes out of this with any credit do they? Albeit no rules appear to have been broken, both St Dennis and Exmouth are complicit in a total sham at, I assume, Newquay's instigation. I appreciate they are not the first teams to be involved in this sort of charade, and won't be the last, but hopefully the lawmakers can do something about this ludicrous situation. As for the players, presumably they're chasing ££££ and will disappear from Newquay if the money runs out, just like they did at Falmouth.

What has happened to the much muted "youth policy" at Newquay ??

I know nothing about these players or whats happened (or care) but to be fair I have played for both the seconds and thirds this year and last week at St Day there where 3 of us over 20 years old and for the thirds I have played in a couple of games where I have been the only player over 20 and I think there are only 4 (including me) above that age signed on. The fourths are the same, the club has some really talented young kinds but thats what they are, young, hopefully in the next few years Newquay will have more kids from the youth system in the first team once they have a bit more experience.

"Darren Gilbert summed it up a couple of weeks ago, when he said players lack loyalty these days. I think I'm seeing a culture change in youngsters these days, that I can only say disgusts me, and I'm talking outside of football as well here. Not all are in this category, I hasten to add, but unfortunately the numbers are growing!

All clubs have had their ups & downs, and this will probably always be the case, but hey guys, at least be honest with people who have done an awful lot for you. I don't like seeing any club struggle, and understand that within those clubs there are some hardworking decent people, who get taken for a ride by idiots who think they're something that they really are not!!!"

Its a case of 'money talks' . Whether its out in the open or hush hush, some players rather play for the cash than for the love of playing! Its not just the younger players that this applies to,its seems to be a growing culture of today. Hopefully the loyal players that do remain at their clubs because they love playing football, and no other reason are given the credit they deserve !

This whole scenario is TOTALLY the fault of ALL the clubs involved. No good shouting now that players have left for an extra £10, when it was the extra £?? that got them to your club in the first place. Some very nieve comments on here regarding this subject!!! When clubs have money they "pay" players, when they don't they are up in arms about it. It all stinks of hypocrisy

I'm not associated with any club, but 2 me it seems a little bit like the green eyed monsters roaming around @ the min. If Newquay feel as tho they can afford said players then its up 2 them. We all know what's happened 2 Falmouth & the same could happen 2 Newquay but that's down 2 them. I'm sure if it all goes tits up they'll b a load of people on here saying I told u so. But until then just sit back & watch. Tho if they actually win something I guess they'll b a huge slice of humble pie being ate!!

Exactly my point!

Players rather have as little as an extra tenner than the feeling of pride that you get playing for "your team".......

Maybe I am just too old school !

Fal Lady, with respect, Your last sentence proves my nieve comment perfectly. You assume incorrectly that this is a new concept, but in fact has been going on for decades.The only difference being that the information now becomes more readily available through modern social media, this site included. Many clubs, yours included have been perpetuating this culture, so it's far too simplistic to blame so called "money grabbing" players.What is even more bemusing is the fact these "payments" carried on even after everyone around local football got to hear about the state of certain clubs finances. So you tell me, where does the blame lie??

What has happened to the much muted "youth policy" at Newquay ??

I know nothing about these players or whats happened (or care) but to be fair I have played for both the seconds and thirds this year and last week at St Day there where 3 of us over 20 years old and for the thirds I have played in a couple of games where I have been the only player over 20 and I think there are only 4 (including me) above that age signed on. The fourths are the same, the club has some really talented young kinds but thats what they are, young, hopefully in the next few years Newquay will have more kids from the youth system in the first team once they have a bit more experience.

Yes Newquay may have many good young players playing second and third team. My point is that it will be very difficult for them to get into the first team and win a regular place in the starting line up if the club would rather bring in the big names. Lewis Hilton was doing very well when he broke into the first team aged 16 so he has proved that if you are good enough you are old enough.

Over the many years I've been watching and playing football,the " money " has at times been at several different clubs.Some of the richer clubs in the 70s 80s and 90s are now relatively strapped for cash.

Players that are good enough to earn some money by playing their hobby would be silly not to.

I wasn't good enough but if I had been I'd have been off like a shot. As in any job if your'e offered more money somewhere else then probably nine times out of ten you'd take the improved offer.

How the clubs fund players " expenses " has differed over the years, Social clubs and one armed bandits profits used to be ploughed back in, now it seems a lot of money is raised via individual sponsors.

Players aren't going to ask how the money was amassed, just how much of it is coming their way.

If clubs can afford it then good luck to all concerned, but it's down to clubs committees to ensure that outgoings don't exceed incomings

Bigger clubs than Cornish ones have fallen into that trap as we're all aware !

Very true Dave The Rave, as have Sam Trudgian, Jack Bray-Evans, Cameron Bidgood, Elliot Simcox and Sam Hill who have all featured for Newquay this season in the Premier league. All 18 and younger and have gained Good experience and not looked out of place having jumped from Combo football to SWPL Premier level.

Testimony to the hard work and guidance of all those involved in the Newquay Youth set up over the last decade or so.

Very true Dave The Rave, as have Sam Trudgian, Jack Bray-Evans, Cameron Bidgood, Elliot Simcox and Sam Hill who have all featured for Newquay this season in the Premier league. All 18 and younger and have gained Good experience and not looked out of place having jumped from Combo football to SWPL Premier level.

Testimony to the hard work and guidance of all those involved in the Newquay Youth set up over the last decade or so.

Wonder how they will feel about Devine and Quinn coming in and taking their place?

Wonder how they will feel about Devine and Quinn coming in and taking their place?

If the money dries up at Newquay it won't just be the money grabbers who leave but the management as well,got the morals of a gutter snipe, look what happened at St Blazey, they very nearly went to the wall.

I think we've gone off on a bit of a different tangent here. The original thread is about the morals of third parties aiding another club to get around the rules. Technically nobody's done anything wrong, but as many have stated, the manner in which these people have gone about it stinks! The stupid thing with this is we didn't want the players involved to remain at the club anyway! If Hoops had had the decency to ring either Les or myself, we would've happily released both players. Like I said in another thread, I thought that as football people we could talk? Ask Denty, we've spoken & resolved dealings both ways through talking to each other. This isn't anything to do with money, I couldn't give two hoots how much money Newquay have to spend, good luck to them if they're flush. This is about people being deceptive & whatever anyone says to defend it, you can't!!! And for what it's worth if Les or myself had done something out of order, we would both be man enough to apologise, and anybody that knows us will know this to be true!! I've always held the people of Newquay FC in high regard, but things like this don't impress me, I don't suppose everybody there knew what was going on, so they're not all to blame, but some must have known!

Fal Lady, why dont you leave you're keyboard for 2 minutes, drop you're bitterness and head down to Falmouth Town FC and offer you're support and assistance in helping the club back to its great former status? Surely you're time and efforts would be better spent helping the future than wallowing in the past or even concerning yourself with how Newquay are going about their business. Then perhaps you may be in a position to be credited for a decade of hard work when Falmouth rise back to the top.

Just a suggestion.

Would be interesting to see where your info has come from regarding the monies at the two clubs. I have heard that Falmouth have had the same budget since the start of the season. Also do you know for a fact that Devine and Quinn have left for more money or are you assuming? I am assuming that the two lads that left to go to Penzance didn't leave because of money as it is widely known that Penzance aren't paying a penny! Maybe it isn't all about money as has been assumed?

Fal Lady, why dont you leave you're keyboard for 2 minutes, drop you're bitterness and head down to Falmouth Town FC and offer you're support and assistance in helping the club back to its great former status? Surely you're time and efforts would be better spent helping the future than wallowing in the past or even concerning yourself with how Newquay are going about their business. Then perhaps you may be in a position to be credited for a decade of hard work when Falmouth rise back to the top.

Just a suggestion.

Just a suggestion.

Is there an award for the funniest post on this forum!? If not there should be.

Just another suggestion!

Would be interesting to see where your info has come from regarding the monies at the two clubs. I have heard that Falmouth have had the same budget since the start of the season. Also do you know for a fact that Devine and Quinn have left for more money or are you assuming? I am assuming that the two lads that left to go to Penzance didn't leave because of money as it is widely known that Penzance aren't paying a penny! Maybe it isn't all about money as has been assumed?

Of course, its not about the money.

Did you know that Didier Drogba loves Chinese food, thats why he went there !

Just saying.

Not defending anyone here, but did Falmouth not question the two players when the original 7 days notices came in from 2 unlikely clubs ? Suzi obviously was aware of what was going on judging by her previous post. Did Falmouth try to convince the players to stay ?, there is no mention of that in any post on this thread.

I, along with a few others are finding our faith in football at this level tested, not so much a Newquay thing, but in general.