Cornwall Football Forum

Cheating Chelsea win another penalty

Guest Postie Pidge

Guest The Judge aka RED OR DEAD

Did the scouse defender go anywhere near the ball ? No he was more interested in charging the CFC forward out of the way...... the ref gave the penalty, not Jose or anyone else connected with this seasons Champions !!!

Torres dived and looks like he will turn out to be a Scouse Ronaldo, great player but with bad habits. And before anyone starts on Drogba, you can't score too many goals and be golden boot winner if you are on the floor for most of the matches.

Ref had a shocker and booked far too many for a not over physical game.

Fortress Anfield is no more !

Guest crosser

i ain't no chelsea fan in fact i despise them just as much as the next man, but i don't think you can blame chelsea for being awarded a penalty the ref made the howler its a shame ref's have been banned from the internet to see if anybody could defend mr styles?

from my point of view it looks like malouda jumped over the ball to allow the chelse player on the far side of the penalty area to get the ball and i did'nt see to many chelsea players appealing for a penalty but it was just a joke of a decision. :blink:

Crosser,

You got it spot on. Malouda was letting the ball run to Drogba so he would have an opportunity to get a shot off, not one Chelsea player appealed the ref gave the penalty off his own back.

Always makes me laugh when others say "cheating gits...." however if it was their player it would be well you can not blame him for going down in the box, if the ref going to give it." in this case he was simply trying to pull off a dummy to allow another team mate a chance to score.

Styles had a poor match, he is too quick on the cards, it is a shame as it was not a bad game Liverpool played well, I did not think Chelsea had one of their best games but they got the job done as usual and a point away at Liverpool is a good result.

I see that pundits are saying that Liverpool will be up their at the end of the season, we will just have to see, playing well at home like they did should be what their supporters expect of them when they are infront of their home support, the real challenge will come when they have to play away at Old Trafford, Stamford Bridge etc, if they get results there then they may have a chance of the title.

With United dropping 3 points today and the Gooners only drawing, I still think that the Premiership title will be coming back to the Bridge, early days yet but Chelsea will only get better as the weeks go on and if the lads build up a head of steam I honestly can not see anyone stopping them.

That is ripe coming from a hammers fan I believe that last year you stayed up thru dodgy foreign dealings and goals that did not cross the line (ie Blackburn away). The lad Malouda never dived, he did not even appeal for the penalty.

Luffy,

You should join the moaning Shefield united fans, Who can only look backwards & not forwards,

Also I think you are a little short of all the facts,

I dont' know which Prem team you suport if any, Be brave tell us, Shefield United !!? :(

Or one of the top Prem who did not do so well this weekend

West Ham I seem to remember they won 1- 0 V Birmingham who are playing very well this season,

Also West ham are not the first team to fall foul of the rules, & I guess they will not be the last.

Hammers :thumbsup::yahoo: :c:

Hammers mate, I think Luffy is a Chelski fan. He said in a previous post "I still think that the premiership will be coming back to the bridge".

Luffy, there was no gripe coming from Hammers, just a statement of discontent for how the diving culture is being more frequently used by English/British players. There's no place for cheating in sport but unfortunately I don't see how you can stop the diving. Afterall, it's well known that players are even taught about when to go down whilst at training sessions.

Guest crosser

hammers,

you got a link for that?

because as far as i'm aware keith hackett (ref's boss apologised to rafa for the error) I have said earlier in this thread that in my eye's malouda was jumping over the ball to allow it to run on to drogba and nobody appealed for a penalty. The ref cocked up and I don't think you can accuse anybody of cheating in that incident.

Crosser

Looking at the BBC News Website, I think Mr Hackett agrees with you.

Mr Styles has been suspended from the Premiership for next week.

Not only was the decision about the penalty questionable, it looks as if the 2nd yellow card which appeared to be shown to Essien didn't go down too well either.

Crosser

I take your point on that When one at first saw the incident, it looked as though he dived, but when you saw it close up, it did look more like a jump over the ball, :unsure:

But when you at first see these players go down you tend to say it was a dive, because I am sure you will agree with me there is a lot of diving that goes on nowdays, in most leagues. & the first thing we say is that was a dive.

Hammers :thumbsup:

:c: :c:

I was there and I'm still jumping with the decision!

it weren't Chelsea's fault the ref had a shocker, he was absolutely shocking right from the first minute. I listened to 606 on the way back, and they were comparing football with rugby and video refs and not getting on the referee's case. However, it will never happen cos in football it is down to the referee's interpretation of the laws, some would say its a foul, others wouldn't, but, a knock on in Rugby, is a knock on!!

Goal line technology does need to be brought in though, cos thats clear as day, if its over its over, if its not its not, simple!

Liverpool should have beaten Chelski on Sunday with the chances we had, but once again failed to kill them off.

hammers,

Thanks for your comments on the game last week in regards to the penalty incident. Yes I did see the news and if the head of the Referee committee has come out and said that he apologises for the penalty that has nothing to do with Chelsea or their players.

Yes the referee made a mistake and I understand that the Liverpool fans maybe slightly upset but then again what comes around goes around and I am sure we will be bemoaning a poor decision that will cost us points sometime in the season.

I was astounded as much as anyonelse when the ref pointed to the spot I was waiting for Drogba to pick the ball up and lash a shot at the goal and hopefully bring us back on terms. Liverpool played very well however, if Terry and Pizzaro had taken their chances it could have been a different game.

I hope this answers your question in regards to who I support, I have been a Chelsea supporter for 37 years and proud of it.

When I commented on the issues surrounding West Ham last season I was just making a point that no club can be seen to be whiter than white every club has it skeletons in the cupboard.