Cornwall Football Forum

friendly result

Oxford Fc 5 Truro United 0

a good work out on acrap pitch, 4-0 at half time with a Rich Ward hat-trick and a Mark Jose 30yard lob over the goalie (he said it was a shot but i'm not sure) lots of changes second half disrupted the flow of the game with super sub Dan Richards adding a late 5th goal

Cheers to porky for reffing

Guest Rich Ward

Thanks mate, thought everyone played well, we played 3-5-2, it seemed to work better with 2 up front, than last week. Looks like we got some fairly good players signed on, so hopefully it will be a good season. Get training mate, that wing-back role looks like hard work!

Guest Rich Ward

Dont know surnames, but Shane who played last week looked good again today, loads of energy, seemed to have plenty time on the ball. Lad called Rob who played last week in defence played up front with me today, quick, read game well, not gready( exactly the sort of strike partner us glory boys like). cant remember who else, but we had about 18 down again, so looking promising! Joser's wondergoal was a pass to me which bobbled and caught the wind! :D

Gd result lads - few remarks -

Steve - Do you still get a nose bleed when you get in the oppostions half?

Someone remarked Richie "could of passed to them" - apparently that doesnt happend does it Rich??

And Finally Joser's goalmust of been an attempt to control a pass gone wrong

Good luck for the season lads - hopefully get to watch a few of your games this year

Pidge - shame on you! Clijah is now the new 'home of football'. (Do I get a discount now please Kerrier? lol lol)

But in fairness, Clijah is not a bad ground at all. Pitches have all been returfed. Changing Facilities upgraded. And then there is the new 'senior' pitch. All looking good and thanks to Andy Mead for his help.

Pidge Not allowed to play at Clijah yet which has been all re-done we played up at raymond road! no markings long grass bit like the pitch that we played the sunday cup final on pidge, but a win is a win whatever you play on, looking forward to playing you lot in the cup again this year!

Eh Whitney u curry eating ladyboy i will have u know i scored last season and it was even Millser that passed to me proving not all strikers are greedy, but he did say that if he had realised it was me he never would have passed :clapper: