Cornwall Football Forum

Liskeard manager

Hi MQ just out of interest how do the club feel about you talking so openly about the runnings be it finance, relationships between comittee managers payers etc? I'm baffled to think that they would be happy! With all that's been going on if I was on the comittee I would be trying reign you in for a bit to let the situation die down instead of reacting to everything that's said regarding to liskeard, get someone in that has a few loyal players that will follow them (every manager has them) who are established in the league and stabilise a club that's lost it's way then regroup preseason hopefully still in the prem! (Don't take it personally this is my opinion)

Yoey would do a good job I think having played for him at lakeside.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I speak regularly to the committee and quite a few of them are regular viewers and some are regular users of the forum. I have only tried to highlight some facts, my mention of finance was a general comment stating that there is not much money around at the moment. I take on board your thoughts about my statements but I only want what is best for the club. Interviews have already taken place and more are taking place this week so Im sure a decision will be made as soon as possible.

Regarding the situation dying down, a lot of people are obviously interested so I will continue to comment as I feel appopriate.

ps I dont take anything personally, its only football after all!!!

MQx

Just think sometimes when things are out of your control as they are in this situation maybe a dignified silence would be the right way to go about things, let the lads who get the shirts do the talking on the field, club matters really should be kept within the boundaries of lux park, I don't think your doing liskeard any favours by reacting to every post aimed at liskeard, silence speaks volumes!!!

Just think sometimes when things are out of your control as they are in this situation maybe a dignified silence would be the right way to go about things, let the lads who get the shirts do the talking on the field, club matters really should be kept within the boundaries of lux park, I don't think your doing liskeard any favours by reacting to every post aimed at liskeard, silence speaks volumes!!!

Razzer makes a great point Marty! hush now :P

Obviously you lot on here don't know MQ that well, you won't shut him up!! you all have opinions, so why can't he voice his, he may be involved with the club, but that doesn't stop him having his own ideas, that's why you have committees to sit round and discus different ideas and coming up with the one that suits the club not the individual, as for Liskeard they need to get it right this time, with the current climate there isn't the money coming in from large sponsorships any more, so a lot of clubs have had to change their approach. Starting from the youth set up and just feeding them into the senior set up this has to be the way forward.

Very true and a forum is there for that but what happens behind the scenes at liskeard should surely stay there, not saying stop using the forum but if the liskeard comittee want their dirty washing aired in public they should surely release a club statement, not through the mouth of the second team manager, from the outside its looks a bit of a mockery of the hierarchy system!

Razzer you legend!

MQ is speechless

Speechless? Oh a bit like you were when i asked why you didn't help your mate out at Liskeard ? Why didn't you and the rest? As i said before just asking the question? Might have pulled it around if you had done.

look at a manager that looks at the 18s and then a couple of the experience players and then get the big boys in. Yeo for me and his team who he wants to take with him.I hope Liskeard have rang him?as he is a bloke that lives ftball. Thats who should get it if he wants it.

Im sure Paul Blatchford is the manager and MQ runs the line when available. Think Paul ran the line against Tavy today as MQ was unavailable. Perhaps Cancanz can confirm as he plays for the 2nds.

According to Liskeard players MQ wasn't at Tavistock today because he was managing their 1st team.

Sorry for the late reply Mini, having a few computer issues (not red wine related)!! Im allowed to stay up late one evening a week!! Back to my post about Blatch getting the job. Dont see why hes not a strong candidate given his results with the seconds, knows the club,and will get players playing for him. Tough league, but if he can keep a few players currently there, and add a few even ECPL players as thats the league he knows best Im sure they would stay up considering the teams below are also struggling. Are you involved tomorrow evening? Might see you there.

Not envolved tomorrow evening Dean as im still signed for Tavi!! Makes a change for it not to be due to drink!! haha!! We have training tomorrow 7-8 so I will be coming over after training to watch the game and see if Jarryd can find his shooting boots!! Will see you there

I've heard the same observer!

Great move for both parties, I'm sure you'll see alot of new faces at Lux park, just what Liskeard need.

Shame for Yeo/Hobbs present side Mount Gould who seem to be walking the league they are in.

Just need to wait for the official statement to come.

MQ can you shed some light please???

I have heard differant but will just have to wait for the official statement!!

I have also heard different, I believe we think the same ;)

I think we do!! Also think we are right but will wait for the club to release a statement!! :)

i think your both right! but as has been pointed out-club business should not be branded about on here! been told off before about that by others already!

If this is true then the club have shown that surviving will do. When local fans & football fans want to see the club move forward & see some good days back Lux Park. Why haven't they announced something,what message does this send out!

Local fans? The local fans I speak to want to see a local team, not a team full of Plymouth players with no tie to the club!