Cornwall Football Forum

Martin Burgess quits Liskeard

Crusty, to quote an earlier response, you really are a tool.

MQx

Unlike you of course MQ, the sole reason liskeard have a football team??

Legend in your own mind my friend

he is a saviour! maybe we should send him to afghan and get him to solve world peace!

Now your just being silly :rolleyes:

my son is in afghan think first u fool!

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

come on Garf who do you think i am???

Who am i to tell you who you are?

You need to know who you are before i can help, do you need help?

Strange.... you tried to tell me who you think I play football for?

Your attempt at trying to be clever well and truely backfired!

I mean..... a 63 year old man playing for mount gould??????

and I need help???

the only help I need is occasionally getting out of my arm chair due to my weak knees!!

come on Garf who do you think i am???

Who am i to tell you who you are?

You need to know who you are before i can help, do you need help?

Strange.... you tried to tell me who you think I play football for?

Your attempt at trying to be clever well and truely backfired!

I mean..... a 63 year old man playing for mount gould??????

and I need help???

the only help I need is occasionally getting out of my arm chair due to my weak knees!!

Aah but i was right about you playing for Mount Gould though? As you hide behind a name you could be a 24/25 year old still playing could you not? I mean you seem to know a lot about local football even though your housebound.

I never said I was house bound! just got weak knees like most ex footballers.

You really are barking up the wrong tree!

My name is Barry Eric Butler-Smythe

Barry fry-up is a nickname I Picked up due to my love of a nice full english

Well it's nice to actually know your real name mate and i was totally off the mark.

Now is Smythe pronounced as Smith?

Why dont people go on here with their correct name. Drives me mad how you all argue about who people are. this topic is about who is going to be the new manager is, so who do people think is going to get it?

Couldnt agree more!! I would suggest a possible new manager for Liskeard could be a striker who used to play for them as a teenager in the western league many years ago!! But doubt he would leave his current post after the work he has done there

Why dont people go on here with their correct name. Drives me mad how you all argue about who people are. this topic is about who is going to be the new manager is, so who do people think is going to get it?

How can you have a debate about anything on this forum when you don't know who you are talking to half the time. Totally agree Ravo!

yet again another uniformed comment from Barry!

Without the facilities none of the clubs would be able to play there, but its the teams that support the sports association. I played cricket and rugby for a number of years at liskeard and know that the fees paid by the individual clubs more than helps to keep the place running, the takings behind the bar is also a major contributor without a doubt.

The two go hand in hand and without each other pulling together it will fold at some stage.

So I guess the message is use it or lose it?

The outsiders that don't know the facts should concentrate on their own little sad world.

Best of luck to who ever takes over the reigns at the club.

Think the liskeard commitee should give MQ a crack at the first team job (if he wants it)

Maybe worth liskeard trying a different approach and going local. Tried for the past few seasons with Plymouth based players and managers and has not worked since the days of dave leonard.

Try the camelford approach with local lads and manager who love the club, works for them.

Even if do attract a manager with a big budget, no garentee plymouth based players will come

Only a suggestion

This was MB quits liskeard - seems we have lost the thread with wind ups; I would say that its disappointing he quit since Ive seen some solid performances from a hard working side and not relegation side for sure and a realistic opportunity to learn his trade at a decent level so to build for the future - its all ok when doing well at lower levels but when the going gets tough - !!

Liskeard 2nds relegated 2009/10 I believe :thumbsup:

You are correct - I lost the thread myself - Burgess quitting has left the door open - do you think you have the necessary requirements to take this job forward or are you satisfied with 2nd team role. If not taking the role who would you like to see offered the job (not BFU he eats to much and cant catch lol). Or would it be for the benefit of Liskeard for them to be relegated and build with reserves in lower league -_- come back stronger when budget and players (both sides of the water as often is the case - not just Plymouth) permitted ?

I have stated before that the job is too big for me in my opinion and I would rather continue to develop the reserves and re-introduce the youth element. The club did have a spell of both teams interacting when Dave Leonard was at the helm but unfortunately he moved on for lots of reasons. I think the key thing here is to keep a bit of perspective and look realistically at the budget. It isnt, and wont be sufficient to attract top quality players and managers so lets look at the grass roots and start again. We dont need to alter the structure much but it needs time, thought and discussion.

Alternatively a manager with pots of money could come in and we would, in my opinion, be back to square 1..

MQx

MQ do you want the job ? or worried about taking it on ? maybe time to give your 2nd team lads a go in with the big boys .

I think Blatch should get the 1st team with MQ carrying on with the 2nds together with someone else and have a good understanding of both teams so that all concerned can work, train and all be part of Liskeard Football Club

MQ answered like a politician haha - At the moment a money manager would allow you to survive and gain mid table finish possibly more -and with real effort things can turn around (Penzance working for each other and they will continue improving) - any youth development takes time and very few youth players make it in SWPL from the same club, but this type of development is crucial and needed all the same.

I applaud your honesty that the job is a step to high for you but surely to be relegated is not the answer. I think it would be tragic for a team like Liskeard to be out of the SWPL prem. An experienced manager is needed to bring some improvement in morale and and bring players who have a real desire to play for Liskeard, this doesn't take to much money. I believe a bigger budget would certainly help but more importantly an infrastructure that supported the first team, and vice versa, with loyal people, supporters who show their loyalty with action not just words.

I genuinely hope Liskeard appoint the right person for the job, but unless people back the manager and provide as much support - not just watching a game, this situation is likely to happen again. I also believe Liskeard are not alone with financial and internal issues, the budgets across the SWPL, due to the recession etc..., have been reduced by many clubs since they just cant afford the expenditure and not enough revenue coming through the gate. The top clubs, predominantly, are those with big gates week in week out, and who draw big gates for who they are. This is another thread but all the very best for Liskeard and hope they appoint the right person. :thumbsup:

MQ has always supported the club, not just by fund-raising etc and spending a small fortune, behind the bar (another thing alot of 1st squad dont do!) but he also stepped up and ran the first team, leaving the seconds, when they were manger-less a few seasons ago. so as far as i can see he has always supported.

browner are you suggesting players should drink and drive just to put money behind the bar at your beloved club?

In my playing days I travelled as far as wiltshire for games and over an hour for a home game so would grab myself a quick orange juice and head home.

I certainly dont think anyone at any of the clubs I played for thought any less of me for this!!

So unless liskeard can produce a full squad of players good enough to play at swpl level and who live in walking distance of the club house I really feel your silly statement about players not spending their money in your bar is an absolute joke my friend.

If you feel that strongly about first team players drinking in the bar after games perhaps YOU should put you hand in your pocket and get a round in!!!

not i don't-but maybe share lift down, take it in turns to drive?? there is even a train station in liskeard!!! maybe if i knew some of the first team player by name i would offer them a drink, but seen as though none of them can be bothered to even make the 25minute trip to train with the 2nd team the chances of that are slim. the sports association (football, rugby,hockey,cricket,tennis) at liskeard, which runs from the sports club which my 'beloved bar' is found in, provides, and pays for all the upkeep of changing rooms, boilers to heat the hot water in the showers (which doesnt always work) the mowers to cut the grass on the pitch, so the money spent behind the bar keeps the club going. the workers behind the bar do so on a volunteer basis, to which QE has put a lot of hours in, along with many others to ensure that there is a place to go after the game....and oh....even get changed so we can play football!!

enjoying your comments Browner but your slightly misinformed regarding the payment for the upkeep of the changing rooms, boilers to heat the water and mowers to cut the grass - the football club as do rugby and cricket pay a lot of money for the use of the changing rooms and the hot water. The football club pay for all the equipment for maintaining the pitch. Money taken behind the bar does not go back to the clubs affiliated with the Sports Club.