Cornwall Football Forum

Martin Burgess quits Liskeard

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a load of bollo**s.How is the second team manager, who does a huge amount of fundraising for that club, has pulled together a team of local lads to rescue them after their relegation 3 seasons ago, and who would be the first man there to do any job that needed doing at the club, at fault for first team results?! Not my place to comment on how they choose to spend their (not inconsiderable) first team budget, but don't come on here making up cr@p about one of the most loyal clubmen you'll find, all under false names as usual.

Well said Matt

Unless I'm much mistaken the first and second teams are run as seperate entities ( nothing new it's been going on for years )

The committee wouldn't give the first team job to someone like MQ as they expect a Plymouth bloke to bring in players/ sponsorship from Plymouth

If the seconds, as a team of local players are'nt really interested in helping out the first team it's unfortunate but nothing new.

There's no point in blaming MQ, Liskeard will have to find another PLymouth based manager to fill the first team with Plymouth based players

Same old Same old

Dont blame MQ

The first team and the ex manager cant pick and choose when they want to be part of the club, surley as Liskeard 1st team they should train in liskeard with the second team?? I think Burgess did him self no favours when he took a 16 year old lad from the second team pre season who was there best player during pre season and then never played him in the league, think that sent a message to the rest of the lads.

Didn't the second team goal keeper play against tavi mid week as they didnt have a keeper? People come on here talking about MQ when they have no idea about wot happens at the club!! As stated above MQ isnt to blame for the 1st teams poor form and results, especially considering the money they are meant to be paying!!

What a load of bollo**s.How is the second team manager, who does a huge amount of fundraising for that club, has pulled together a team of local lads to rescue them after their relegation 3 seasons ago, and who would be the first man there to do any job that needed doing at the club, at fault for first team results?! Not my place to comment on how they choose to spend their (not inconsiderable) first team budget, but don't come on here making up cr@p about one of the most loyal clubmen you'll find, all under false names as usual.

I seriously think you need to get your facts right before you are able to comment on such things. Are you on the Committee to be able to make a comment about the budget???

Burgey is a top bloke and must have taken a lot to walk away from the standard he's waited a while to get to.

I know his relationship with MQ is an issue but won't be the reason he's left.

To be fair MQ just runs the line anyway and Blatch runs the team .......

Good luck in the future Burg, I'm sure you'll be back in football before long .....

The first team and the ex manager cant pick and choose when they want to be part of the club, surley as Liskeard 1st team they should train in liskeard with the second team?? I think Burgess did him self no favours when he took a 16 year old lad from the second team pre season who was there best player during pre season and then never played him in the league, think that sent a message to the rest of the lads.

Didn't the second team goal keeper play against tavi mid week as they didnt have a keeper? People come on here talking about MQ when they have no idea about wot happens at the club!! As stated above MQ isnt to blame for the 1st teams poor form and results, especially considering the money they are meant to be paying!!

And what money are they suppose to be paying???? It seems lots of people are aware of the budget somehow........I don't think you know the polictics involved with the player you are refering too, perhaps ask both Managers at the time for their opinion!!!!

I seriously think you need to get your facts right before you are able to comment on such things. Are you on the Committee to be able to make a comment about the budget???

Read my post again......what have I said about your budget?! Sore subject, obviously.

Read my post again......what have I said about your budget?! Sore subject, obviously.

think you'll find you said it was 'not inconsiderable' so please tell us all how you know such things

Well said Matt

Unless I'm much mistaken the first and second teams are run as seperate entities ( nothing new it's been going on for years )

The committee wouldn't give the first team job to someone like MQ as they expect a Plymouth bloke to bring in players/ sponsorship from Plymouth

If the seconds, as a team of local players are'nt really interested in helping out the first team it's unfortunate but nothing new.

There's no point in blaming MQ, Liskeard will have to find another PLymouth based manager to fill the first team with Plymouth based players

Same old Same old

Dont blame MQ

How many SWPL teams have Plymouth players in the squad?

Obviously something going on behind the scenes with liskeard having 3 managers in the last 4-5 years, something must be happening to cause those managers to resign. (And I don't mean issues with the second team and MQ x)

Real shame as liskeard were a massive club in Cornwall in years gone by. Hope they get it sorted soon and bring the club back to former glory

Nah, i walked off cause of personal reasons and if i stayed on would have probably got sent off! and you are??

You didn't tell me about your hissy fit today mate ha ha. Mind you don't surprise me as you have always been a stroppy little sh##e ha ha ha ha.

To Pro, why didn't you sign up for Liskeard to help your best mate out? Just asking the question?

I'm somebody who has no connection or idea whats going on at Liskeard but am slightly inteagued as to why everybody seems to come on this forum & proceed to blame MQ for all their problems. Is MQ really as the bad as some users say in this forum or just somebody with the best interests of Liskeard at heart?

We are no different to most clubs that had a very successful past and are struggling to find a foothold at the moment. Martin and I have communicated on many occasions and I have said the same thing to him as I did to the last couple of managers and I will say the same thing to the next manager.

MQx

And that is?

I'm somebody who has no connection or idea whats going on at Liskeard but am slightly inteagued as to why everybody seems to come on this forum & proceed to blame MQ for all their problems. Is MQ really as the bad as some users say in this forum or just somebody with the best interests of Liskeard at heart?

Oh jesus worse than that ha ha.

Slim, the name is Garfield. Everyone i know calls me Garf so you may call me Garfield ok.

I am Irish so not inbred. Pasties and sheep don't interest me but if you want me to i guess i could get into it. Cheers!

MQ does a huge amount for Liskeard, and is a top bloke. The Liskeard first team has never had a interest with the 2nd team in all the years i played there. The closest the two sides ever were (in my days there) was when Lens was running the side, and the two sides were close-would train together, help each other out when needed, and in recent times, was the clubs most successful season only missing out on goal difference to Bodmin.

2n teams lads have refused to play for the first team this year on a number of occasions, but thats there choice. why would they want to go and play football with a bunch of players that they dont know, have no interest in playing with, and not enjoy it, when at the end of the day we all play football because we love the game and the enjoyment we get from playing it. If i ever get to the stage where i dont enjoy playing, then i will stop. maybe if the two sides had trained together and the players from both sides actually knew each others names, then maybe the first team would have got more support.

MQ has always supported the club, not just by fund-raising etc and spending a small fortune, behind the bar (another thing alot of 1st squad dont do!) but he also stepped up and ran the first team, leaving the seconds, when they were manger-less a few seasons ago. so as far as i can see he has always supported.

Yeah. Fair enough mate. To be honest I agree its a big step for him but has the coaching badges, experience in coaching in america twice, coaching at college level, was promoted from 3rd team to second team manager at Totnes after half a season.. cant blame him for wanting to give it a go....seen some of the names they have coming in too... could get interesting..Whats he/vospers got to lose..... and I do drink at the same pub as him and live in the same house!! haha x

You said do I know him?

I said we don't drink at the same pub. So don't get your last little comment haha.

Being honest they can't expect a decent coach to apply for the job as it doesn't seem that appealing down there!

Going by what the last 2managers said its a joke!

So guess he can't go any lower in terms of league position ATM.

Guess ur be playing? No money tho Ry......?