Cornwall Football Forum

Mark Clattenberg

hoppit

No Cornish-Blue, Terry was amazingly cleared because he could spend tens of thousands on a barrister. It was no surprise that the result of the trial was treated with incredulity.

What about Drogbas off side goal at OT a couple of seasons ago and you won the league by a point?

Cahills blatent assault on Evans just after you scored your first goal??

We can go through any game and pick holes in a refs performance, so what if he swore at mata, ALL footballers swear at the ref.

I dont agree with racially abusing players.

It was an entertaining game no matter what the score was, hopefully tonights will be of a similar standard.

M.U

M.U.F.

M.U.F.C

O.K !!!!

certainly another good game tonight

If Clangerberk used the term "monkey" in an inappropriate way, his career as a Premiership referee should end. Simple.

Notice that I am not bantering against the red manure for experiencing a midweek defeat at Stamford Bridge which, but for Clattenberg, they would also have experienced last Sunday. Once a pub competition, always a pub competition, even though I expect the Blues to go on to win it.

Like the Cornwall Senior Cup, the League Cup is an irritating diversion from real, competitive football matches. And before someone takes me to task for usng antiquated nomenclature, my refusal to mention the names of sponsors is politically motivated. I disapprove of the synthetic personalisation intrinsic in advertising, as I do of profit, usury, the extraction of surplus value from workers by employers and everything that enables the flourishing of capitalism.

• 2 weeks later...

If you throw Arteta's dubious winner against QPR into the mix - a disappointing weekend for officials all in all. Ideally you would like to see ex-players become refs as they understand the game better. Though for many reasons I can't ever see that happening.

Ex players wouldn't make better refs, different ball game pardon the pun. I did both and got to contributary league standard which took about 6 years, to be a top ref you need to start in your teens and then you still might not make it. Saying players would make better refs is like saying an armed robber would make a better policeman, i don't think so.

Ex-Saracens player was due to referee a Rugby Union Test Match this weekend, a different ball game I know but a point which interested me. I think that the refs that start in their teens do this mainly on the basis that they love football but unfortunately aren't very good at playing it. The end product of this is some duff displays at the very top end of the English Leagues.

Well that's another way of looking at it. Insignificant Person Syndrome. I could kill fifty strangers with an AK-47 or become a football referee and ruin the mood of thousands more. Both criminal in their own ways.

Aside from that I've just seen Phil Dowd give the most ridiculous handball decision against Fulham in injury time against Arsenal. What was the man thinking of? He clearly doesn't understand the handball rule whatsoever. Completely embarrassing.

And there's another one. Ref Lee Mason (Phil Mitchell's stunt double) has just booked Sunderland's Danny Rose for diving after he got took out by not one but two Everton players. What the hell is going on?

'is this just a way for Chelsea to get back at the FA for the suspension of John Terry.

Lets not forget JT was CLEARED by a court of law , the fa didn't like this so thought they would just do what they want

Justice today ,Terry will now miss some games he should if been banned for!

How can somone being badly injured be justice? You need to take a look at yerself boyo.

'is this just a way for Chelsea to get back at the FA for the suspension of John Terry.

Lets not forget JT was CLEARED by a court of law , the fa didn't like this so thought they would just do what they want

Justice today ,Terry will now miss some games he should if been banned for!

Other than being on the wrong topic.....

CH - What a childish comment........ Need to stop talking out your hoop.........

John Terry deserved a ban longer than Suarez ,Suarez at least had a case to fight ,we all know what Terry said and I for one don't want my kids growing up thinking that language on a football field and more importantly in society is acceptable.

As a footballer he has been a fantastic leader for club and country over the years and I have begrudgingly admired his career but when he overstepped the mark he should of been punished accordingly !

As for being cleared in a court of law,watch the news today and you will see what standards our courts of law set!

I see the police have dropped the case against Clattenberg. Don't rate him as a ref but no one deserves to go through what he's been through when your not guilty, Chelsea should pay the price for lying, a points deduction could be the answer.

How have Chelsea FC lied? Chelsea chairman made a formal complaint to the F A after speaking to his players and listened to there comments. The police only got involved because the society of black lawyers went straight to them with a complaint. After the John Terry case, if Chelsea had not complained to the FA over possible use of racist comments the society of black lawyers would have had a field day.

I see the police have dropped the case against Clattenberg. Don't rate him as a ref but no one deserves to go through what he's been through when your not guilty, Chelsea should pay the price for lying, a points deduction could be the answer.

How have Chelsea FC lied? Chelsea chairman made a formal complaint to the F A after speaking to his players and listened to there comments. The police only got involved because the society of black lawyers went straight to them with a complaint. After the John Terry case, if Chelsea had not complained to the FA over possible use of racist comments the society of black lawyers would have had a field day.

According to the news:

The police have shelved their race abuse investigation into referee Mark Clattenburg after receiving no complaint from Chelsea.

So who is telling porky pies!!

John Terry deserved a ban longer than Suarez ,Suarez at least had a case to fight ,we all know what Terry said and I for one don't want my kids growing up thinking that language on a football field and more importantly in society is acceptable.

As a footballer he has been a fantastic leader for club and country over the years and I have begrudgingly admired his career but when he overstepped the mark he should of been punished accordingly !

As for being cleared in a court of law,watch the news today and you will see what standards our courts of law set!

How does that work then? Saurez repeatedly abused Evra (or if your deluded, repeatedly acknowledged him in a very friendly and jovial manner in the middle of an argument) so how was there a case to fight?

Terry was cleared in court as it has to proved their was intent to abuse. The FA do not need this, only that he used the actual words that could be taken to be offensive so that argument does not wash either.

It wasn't as clear cut as terrys because it was one witness word against the other ,there was doubt!if only little!everyone around the world saw what Terry said and I'm sorry but no matter how you dress it up ,it's racist !

If your deluded Terry acknowledged Anton in a very friendly and jovial manner in the middle of an argument!

Not like you to backing a Chelsea player Duncan!

How very dare you acuse me of defending Terry! I would never let myself or my family down in such a way to defend that despicable human.

It wasnt one word against another as Saurez admitted saying the word but basically his defense was that its a friendly term in his homeland. Therefore, if I argue with a mate i sometimes call a fat c*** as banter and throw in a few fat c*** references during the argument I could say I was just being friendly...in the middle of an argument...obviously...because thats what all of do isnt it!? And some LFC fans actually swallowed that too.

For me, they both deserved far longer than they got and indeed sacking but as we all know that would never ever happen unless it was a reseve/youth team player (as Chelsea have shown in the past)