Cornwall Football Forum

Press Statement

What's going to happen about money owed to players for unpaid wages?

£50,000 secures their league position but they can't sustain their running costs.

My understanding is that surely they will be treated no different to the rest of the clubs creditors.

My understanding is that surely they will be treated no different to the rest of the clubs creditors.

I believe that employees are preferential creditors with regard to wages owed to them.

Yes they are, but even still, I wouldn't pin my hopes on getting all monies due. My guess is they will be offered a compromise as HMRC will get first pickings. The reality is there may not be enough left to go around, but I do hope I'm wrong for the players and staff sake at least.

Yes they are, but even still, I wouldn't pin my hopes on getting all monies due. My guess is they will be offered a compromise as HMRC will get first pickings. The reality is there may not be enough left to go around, but I do hope I'm wrong for the players and staff sake at least.

The law changed in 2003 and HMRC are no longer preferential creditors, now ranked with unsecured creditors.

So.... Why would L2 nightclub and A2B taxis stump up the £50k, if the club cannot sustain their running costs? doesnt look like they`ll get a return on that and i guessing Truro City FC will be back in the same posistion next season?

Also i loved the part on radio cornwall yesterday where it was said the guy from L2 doesn`t even like football! hmmm alot of money to stump up if you dont even like the game, got to be in it for something else.

Wouldn't it be nice to think the two just wanted to help their local club out. Has there always got to be an underhand reason for doing something these days?

I'm sure they are aware they will not get any return whatsoever on the payment they have made, likewise I am also pretty sure they realise they could even lose the money! They're obviously fortunate to be in the position to be able to afford losing the money if the worst happened.

Any people in the pipeline willing to take on the club Dave?

Someone posted that the running costs are £190,000 per season. I wonder if someone did take it one how much of that money would come from gate, sponsorship, bar money and how much a buyer would have to put in.

Have you heard anything about what sort of rent JoJo Investico want from the club, and does that include the whole site or just the football ground?

Ask yourself this, if you had £50k knocking arounding, stuffed down the back of the sofa, spare change if you will... would you pay a bond for a club you have no interest in, in a sport you know nothing about ?

YoYo investments or whatever they are call will have a firm hand right up a puppets backside, they ground is where the money and the problems lay. Nothing is ever as it seems at Truro, they were warned when Ginge walked in... they didn't listen, it would be foolish to grab the first lifeboat that comes along, it may well have holes in it.

Regroup at SWPL West and start again, but sort the ground out or find somewhere else to play.

I have no idea if there are any prospective buyers. The whole affair since the summer has been full of surprises along the way so who knows. Yesterday was a prime example of an amazing turnaround of events. Who would have imagined two guys would come in, after the deadline and provide the money to at least enable the club to stay in the Conference.

It buys time, but as i see it, there is no certainty that come even Tuesday they will be at Staines. The players presumably have been filled in as to what the position is with regards to them and I assume without assurances they must be considering their future options.

I was led to believe that previous running costs were considerably higher than the figure you quoted. More like double! But they'll have to start to cut their cloth accordingly I guess. No overnight stays (not that there were many last season anyway), travelling costs cut, and as the players are non-contract - perhaps look at reducing their "wages". Dare I say try and run it as a business! Commercially is surely where they can look to improve - bring on board more sponsors, merchandise etc. You never know, the two local businessmen who have come on board might be able to find more local willing businessmen.

This lease sounds like an ongoing problem with regards to any future "permanent" solution. I did hear that one of the reasons Murtagh pulled out was that he was being asked to pay a million quid a year to rent the club house and the grandstand seats!

I would say that was the equivalent of being held a gun to your head!

Yes, fully agree Nemesis, they obviously still need to regroup - for the moment at least though, by depositing the bond, it allows this - and at Conference Level instead of a few steps lower.

Regrettably as I see it too, the ground is always going to be a problem with the present owners no doubt preferring to kill any chance of football being sustained at Treyew so that it can be developed.

Didnt expect to much enthusiasm on here,because some are just waiting for it to all wrong.

But the fans and people of Truro,and supporters all around the country have fought hard to save the Club.

For the time being,we were successful.

The way I see it now is.

Local buisnessmen are involved,we have the Fans Trust and TISA,that will back the Club 110%.

This could work.

Next home game,next Saturday v Sutton.

What will the crowd be for the new start.

We will have a indication then on how things might go.

Didnt expect to much enthusiasm on here,because some are just waiting for it to all wrong.

But the fans and people of Truro,and supporters all around the country have fought hard to save the Club.

For the time being,we were successful.

The way I see it now is.

Local buisnessmen are involved,we have the Fans Trust and TISA,that will back the Club 110%.

This could work.

Next home game,next Saturday v Sutton.

What will the crowd be for the new start.

We will have a indication then on how things might go.

Well it has already gone wrong and so they had their wish with that! No real surprise though as I think we all knew it was just a matter of time.

It's amazing how many clubs, more so their supporters, that have given their help have in fact suffered the same fate in the past. Disappointing, but still amazing! However football has always bucked the trend of "normal" businesses who once bust, invariably stay bust.

So what next then somersetspur? Have to agree with you that the priority has to be the coming together of the Fans Trust and TISA, but also as importantly, all other supporters of Truro City as well - and quickly.

Since in administration there have been home games where I have been disappointed with the attendances. When the chips have been really down, the numbers haven't turned out - why? And more importantly without higher attendances, immediately any viable trading concern suggestion starts to be questionable.

Two local guys have come forward at the last moment to keep hope alive, no doubt there are more out. The "Heaney Factor", no matter how difficult has to be quashed.

Talking has to be done, the sharing of ideas must happen, however more importantly action has to start now. Have the Fans Trust and TISA got together to agree on anything yet?

During the dramatic events of the past few weeks there were regular updates and reports on the Spotlight Evening news , during one of these reports they did a talking head segment in which they were out and about in various locations within the city asking people for their opinions . Many were saying how the club needed to be saved and how Truro needed a football club . Well now is their chance to back actions with words , the Heaney factor ( and any grudges from the past have gone) so it is now the time tor "use it , or lose it ," A population of over 17,000 in Cornwall's most prosperous town should be able to drum up enough interest and backing to keep the club going . If not , it closes . Simple free market economics .

During the dramatic events of the past few weeks there were regular updates and reports on the Spotlight Evening news , during one of these reports they did a talking head segment in which they were out and about in various locations within the city asking people for their opinions . Many were saying how the club needed to be saved and how Truro needed a football club . Well now is their chance to back actions with words , the Heaney factor ( and any grudges from the past have gone) so it is now the time tor "use it , or lose it ," A population of over 17,000 in Cornwall's most prosperous town should be able to drum up enough interest and backing to keep the club going . If not , it closes . Simple free market economics .

Agree 100%.

Truro were told that gates of 700,minimum were needed for them to have any chance of going forward.

As you say,a City of 17,000 plus others from the County,should be able to reach that target.

I know all the volunteers that have been working their butts off,are prepared to continue their services,that has to be a positive.Along with the Supporters Trust.

With the big supporters meeting tomorrow,more light will be shed on future plans.TOGETHER.

Im not saying,everything is good.

There are lots of hurdles to get over.

But we have been presented with a chance to make it work.

We have ALL got to give a go.

As one of those who always thought Heaney was an obnoxious little gobshite (he and Mr Truro City reminded me of Ray Allan & Lord Charles, for you oldies), and being a Falmouth supporter, I quite revelled in the trials and tribulations of Truro over the past 12 months or so. However, over the past couple of months I've changed my point of view and don't mind admitting it.

I have been so impressed with the way Lee Hodges, Jake Ash and the players have conducted themselves throughout this appalling fiasco. Admiration also for the many 'true' Truro supporters that have rallied together to try and help the club pull through. I hope that the last has been seen of the old regime but fear that Heaney still pulls the strings with regard to Treyew Road.

I'm pleased that the bond has been forthcoming and the local businessmen have ensured Conference football can continue for now. Hopefully, the people of Truro (and other local football supporters) will turn up and watch the team (playing in red & black?) - who knows, I might even break the habit of a lifetime and go and watch them myself :)

Has the Heaney factor really gone? unfortunately Heaney and Webb are still ferreting about looking to spoil the party, why they haven't got the message that they are not wanted at Treyew Road (or in Heaney's case Cornwall) is hard to fathom, the hatred amongst the fans toward them is unbelievable and yet even at this stage it still appears they won't let go of everything, absolutely staggering. With the new guys the club might have a fighting chance of a future, if Heaney and Webb remain in any way associated it will be a pariah club

Has the Heaney factor really gone? unfortunately Heaney and Webb are still ferreting about looking to spoil the party, why they haven't got the message that they are not wanted at Treyew Road (or in Heaney's case Cornwall) is hard to fathom, the hatred amongst the fans toward them is unbelievable and yet even at this stage it still appears they won't let go of everything, absolutely staggering. With the new guys the club might have a fighting chance of a future, if Heaney and Webb remain in any way associated it will be a pariah club

Have they still got a bit of involvement in the club?

those two will do their very best to claw their way back in and stop any take over (as per Murtagh last week), Truro fans need to be on their guard and fight tooth and nail to stop these two chancers whatever it takes

can't believe they'd want anything to do with it, there obviously not liked at all, would take some front to try and interfere

As written elsewhere : "This lease sounds like an ongoing problem with regards to any future "permanent" solution. I did hear that one of the reasons Murtagh pulled out was that he was being asked to pay a million quid a year to rent the club house and the grandstand seats!"

I think this suggests that certain people are still in the background trying to ensure they get something out of this. :ninja:

As written elsewhere : "This lease sounds like an ongoing problem with regards to any future "permanent" solution. I did hear that one of the reasons Murtagh pulled out was that he was being asked to pay a million quid a year to rent the club house and the grandstand seats!"

I think this suggests that certain people are still in the background trying to ensure they get something out of this. :ninja:

what a nightmare situation, still getting something out of it after all that's happened