Cornwall Football Forum

Judgement Day for Truro City FC

I have been told that JoJo Ltd will give the bidders their decision on the lease at 11am.

Any news on this?

Lets hope the preferred bidder is in no way linked to the Ginger Crook otherwise this saga wont even end here!

What would the opinion of the Football Community be if Truro were allowed to do a GroundHop for the rest of the season?

Lets say a takeover is possible but JoJo dont play ball on the lease; would the rules allow for home game venues to change?

Just wondering if attendances may improve should they go on tour in the event of losing Treyew Rd?

Must be able to cut a deal with the host clubs so that it helped all concerned, it was good enough for England at one time!

Having listened to James Moore speaking to Jack Murley on Radio Cornwall I am convinced that the best thing would be to liquidate Truro City to enable an investigation into the legality of past dealings at the club.

I think we all agree that the whole issue stinks and people should be held to account how this once fine club has sunk so far into the mire and good people are out like beggars with their bowls to scrape up a few bob.

The rumoured potential buyer has been unlucky with his past businesses and is no novice at the liquidation game so heaven knows what might be in store.

To balance things up - no mention I see of his successful business! * "When he sold the company [The Mortgage Group] to GE Money in 2004, they were originating over 1,000 mortgages a month with GE, with a value of over £1 billion a year. Profits stood at over £1 million each month for the two years prior to the sale."

That's some profit!

*From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To balance things up - no mention I see of his successful business! * "When he sold the company [The Mortgage Group] to GE Money in 2004, they were originating over 1,000 mortgages a month with GE, with a value of over £1 billion a year. Profits stood at over £1 million each month for the two years prior to the sale."

That's some profit!

Is that the same Wikipedia that anybody can get into and edit Dave?

That's some profit!

Is that the same Wikipedia that anybody can get into and edit Dave?

Presumably so - what are you suggesting?

I think he's suggesting that you find a more relaible document, like the company's annual report, although they can be works of fiction too sometimes!

I understood what he was suggesting Baldy, why didn't he just come out and say it himself!

It just seems very sad that already we're knocking the guy, even before a penny has been paid over. But then it what we should be use to really - St Blazey got knocked for Eden; Newquay the same with Fly.be; Gilby for using the money he finds; Alan Carey for in the past having associates backing him wherever he went; Badcock at Penzance - the list goes on. Murtagh would appear to be one more about to get crucified!

I think he's suggesting that you find a more relaible document, like the company's annual report, although they can be works of fiction too sometimes!

I understood what he was suggesting Baldy, why didn't he just come out and say it himself!

It just seems very sad that already we're knocking the guy, even before a penny has been paid over. But then it what we should be use to really - St Blazey got knocked for Eden; Newquay the same with Fly.be; Gilby for using the money he finds; Alan Carey for in the past having associates backing him wherever he went; Badcock at Penzance - the list goes on. Murtagh would appear to be one more about to get crucified!

Quoting Flybe & Newquay in the same sentence as Truro and a new potential owner of a club, is just plain stupid. One is a sponsor who has put in a 4 figure sum to have their name on the first team shirts and support the youth section of the club.

The other is a businessman who has made a fortune from the misery of others, who when already down on their luck, were offered financial deals that may not have been suitable for them. What is his interest in the club and the potential land deal that is potentially on the table ?

Frying pans and fires spring to mind... still no one listened 7 years ago, so why start now ?

Quoting Flybe & Newquay in the same sentence as Truro and a new potential owner of a club, is just plain stupid. One is a sponsor who has put in a 4 figure sum to have their name on the first team shirts and support the youth section of the club.

The other is a businessman who has made a fortune from the misery of others, who when already down on their luck, were offered financial deals that may not have been suitable for them. What is his interest in the club and the potential land deal that is potentially on the table ?

Frying pans and fires spring to mind... still no one listened 7 years ago, so why start now ?

Perhaps this man is seen as someone to prevent the stay of execution now and then the die hards will deal with the repeat of the catastrophe in a few years time - like you say - when will they ever learn. I am sure if anyone, regardless of their background, offered the money, they would be seen as the new Mothers' Pride

Correct.

Why waste the time! If he wants to put money into save a football club in Cornwall - good luck to him :)

You fool!! That's the short sighted blinkered outlook that got you into this whole sorry mess in the first place. CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT ? I know that the clock is ticking but it seems to me you lot would jump into bed with lucipher if he had the money ( provided he wasnt ginger obviously) Already heard the new messiah is conspicuous by his absence.

Did anyone read yesterday's West Briton, were Mr Heaney is still not taking any blame for the problems of Truro City,

He does not know the meaning of truth,

I think there are a lot of Truro City fans who would like to have a few words with Mr Heaney,

Now that it seems that it is all over,

we can only wish the Truro Fans all the best & hope that they can soon get back the real Truro City that they know,

Hammers :c::yahoo: :c:

Did anyone read yesterday's West Briton, were Mr Heaney is still not taking any blame for the problems of Truro City,

He does not know the meaning of truth,

I think there are a lot of Truro City fans who would like to have a few words with Mr Heaney,

Now that it seems that it is all over,

we can only wish the Truro Fans all the best & hope that they can soon get back the real Truro City that they know,

Hammers :c::yahoo::c:

Would'nt it be good if somebody actually came on here now with the truth,over to you Mr.Heaney,Mr.Webb or any of the Trustees.I think it's the least any of you could do.

My grandaughter worked for this company for 3 months - then quit. She could not condone the deals that were on offer if you get my drift. So Mr Nemesis you are spot on with your second paragraph.

Also reading that the buyer pulled out the deal with a text, well that says it all. Morals don't come in to it.

I have no sympathy with Truro at all. I do however wish them well for whatever the future brings.