Cornwall Football Forum

Mining select teams??

Mining league div 2 select beat troon 3-2. They were 2-0 up half time only for troon to pull it back. League won it in last minute. Good game. Well done to Darren for picking the winning side even though it didnt include me!!! GRRRR!!! :angry::P

Portreath beat Mining League Div 1 Select 6-1. They gotta be favourites for the league. If they went up last season they would have quite a few combo sides a shock aswell.

Guest bertie

I'm glad I don't play in Mining 1 this season...I've heard Andy Cowper and a couple of Ilogan combo have gone to Portreath....they will be defintely be the team to beat...

if its Rob Pentecost who used to play for threemilestone then he is a very good player... i remember playing in the a college team with him.. very good centre back but also just as good in centre midfield.

Guest BenTimmo

Saw Portreath play pre-season against their second team, and while that doesn't present half the challenge that the league will, there was certainly more than enough to tell that they are going to be an amazingly strong team this season. Without a doubt they will be playing Combo football next season, and if they keep hold of their current team, they'll impress in the Combo too. Certainly look stronger than a few of the combo teams that I've watched this season!