Cornwall Football Forum

Charity Match Falmouth Town AFC VS Exeter City

Danny4997

Falmouth Towns Charity Football Match for Autism

Falmouth Town AFC is delighted to announce that they are holding a very special match on the 13th September, in aid of local autism charity, Spectrum. The teams Veterans, all stars and youth players will be playing against Exeter City’s under 21’s, in a bid to raise money for the charity!

They aim to help Spectrum get closer to the gigantic task of raising £8million for their ambitious plans for the SEA project (Spectrum Education & Arts); an architecturally unique centre of excellence in Cornwall for people with autistic spectrum disorders and their families, as well as carers and professionals.

The SEA project will provide a much-needed service for those on the Spectrum and their families. It will generate income for the economy of Cornwall and employment opportunities for those who live in the local area, arising from both the expansion of the services provided and the construction phases of the project.

This is a great opportunity for Falmouth Town to play against a professional football club and for locals, particularly youths, to meet the up and coming players in the game.

Kick off will be at 7.30pm at the Bickland Park grounds. Food and a raffle is also on offer, so do not miss out on the tasty treats! It’s set to be a great night and Falmouth Town ask that you join them in supporting this worthy cause.

If you have anything, you wish to donate to this event in terms of entertainment or raffle prizes then please contact Danielle.overend@spectrumasd.org

I have just seen a list of the Falmouth Town legends but would a Football League Professional Youth team be a mismatch ?

Sid Taylor-Chris 'Dodger' Long-Nigel Thwaites-Phil Shapcott-Darren Burchell-Paul Murray-Bryn Wheeler-Mark rapsey-Chris Strike-Andy & Adrian Street-Peter Davey-Glyn Hooper-Andy Parr-Luke Hodge-George TorranceJohn Dent-Anthony Reynolds-James Miller have all confirmed.

I have just seen a list of the Falmouth Town legends but would a Football League Professional Youth team be a mismatch ?

Sid Taylor-Chris 'Dodger' Long-Nigel Thwaites-Phil Shapcott-Darren Burchell-Paul Murray-Bryn Wheeler-Mark rapsey-Chris Strike-Andy & Adrian Street-Peter Davey-Glyn Hooper-Andy Parr-Luke Hodge-George TorranceJohn Dent-Anthony Reynolds-James Miller have all confirmed.

Hi Mike as this is a charity match no match would be a mis match. there are also a number of existing players who are being asked to play. However, I have no doubt that the legends that have been askec to play will be a match for the Exeter side. they may not have the legs but they will have the brains.

I would also like to add that this will be in memory of Tony Kellow who played for both sides and my good friend Dave '****' Gardner as it will be nine years to rge day that he sadly passed away.

These players can still turn it on so to see a great evening and to support a worthwile cause please turn up on the evening of 13th of September. Lokk forward to seeing many old friends on the night.

Hi Mike as this is a charity match no match would be a mis match. there are also a number of existing players who are being asked to play. However, I have no doubt that the legends that have been askec to play will be a match for the Exeter side. they may not have the legs but they will have the brains.

I would also like to add that this will be in memory of Tony Kellow who played for both sides and my good friend Dave '****' Gardner as it will be nine years to rge day that he sadly passed away.

These players can still turn it on so to see a great evening and to support a worthwile cause please turn up on the evening of 13th of September. Lokk forward to seeing many old friends on the night.

Please excuse my grammer trying to type without my glasses, age really does catch up with you quick

Well done John for organizing the Town's side. My wife has a close friend who has a son who suffers from Autism.( I have met him a couple of times ). They are true enduring and loving people who deserve all the help that comes their way. It's not about the result or the competitiveness of the fixture. It is to support an amazing charity that will benefit a worthwhile local cause. Please Support

Its warming to see so many players coming forward for such a great cause. As John points out, its not just age that is a factor- a wealth of experience counts for a lot!! The list of players continues to grow for falmouth, Ben Manley (combo goaly last season), Rich Kellow, Wayne Brown and hopefully a few of the young 1st teamers! Most will probably only play 45 minutes so everyone should be ok for their Saturday games.

Please support this game and catch up with former teammates/friends in the bar afterwards.

• 2 weeks later...

Sun in shining!!! Set to be a great night and I hope we see you all there. The Match, the Tony Kellow Memorial match, will include a minutes applause in memory of Falmouths players and the winning team will be presented with a trophy. If all goes well and we get a good crowd in, this could be something we do again in the future with other teams, in aid of other local charities. Please come down and show your support for both local football and local charities!