Cornwall Football Forum

Who are the teams to look out for in all the divisions this year?

I do play for Storm

My name is Dave Price... pretty much always played in Camborne/Redruth bar a little excursion or 2 when I was younger and fitter. My boys reading this will know that I think they are all good players but as a team we haven't got it right yet. I aim to help improve that and currently building a world class 'Beer Pong' table to have a team get together at my place... as well as getting fitter again!

If we all pitch in together we can become a good team and I genuinely hope that happens, especially as we have made a couple of quality signings recently.

trelawny one....the obvious favourites helston athletic...then theres a mix up.I`d hope perranporth are in there, west cornwall?

There was a train of thought last season that Div 2 was better than Div 1 and with 6 sides being promoted from Div 2 only time will tell. West Cornwall will be strong as will Stithians and Praze and probably Lizard Argyle. After that i dont know.

Can only comment on our league (Div 1) as most of the sides have come up from Div 2 last year. Think the general feeling is that Helston will be massive favourites, which I will personally agree with. After that, it will be a battle for 2nd. My feeling is that the majority of the sides near the top will be from last years promoted sides. Hopefully we (West Cornwall) will be in the mix, however there will be strong competition from Stithians, Lizard, Chacewater, Praze are always tough to beat on their own patch, Rosudgeon could turn sides over. I would also throw Pool Utd in the mix, they may have struggled last year but they have picked up this year and will be hard to beat. Good luck to everyone at every club, not long til the big kick off now!

can`t wait to kick olff...our first game is against helston...six pointer in my rose tinted eyes

No, I have checked the league rules and it clearly states that you will get THREE points when you beat us

Why are you so confident you're going to lose haha?

Game on my man...please introduce yourself as i`d really like to meet you.We`ll give you a match for sure and we`ll see whether i`m full of it or if i`m full of it.... :ninja:

They will hammer you. Why don't you let your football do the talking, not your lip. #eggonyourface

Marksy - what have I told you about shooting your mouth off!! There are plenty of them on here are there not Scotchio. Anyway Marksy you are now banned from our club cos you did not make it to the bar-AGAIN. Scotchio - wont need to introduce myself myself to you - I will be the fat one orchestrating my group of superstars......

P.S. This really is too easy Marksy. ######

jeez guys just read the last few posts and almost pissed myself laughing :D i believe its called banter.I know i have a good team...is it good enough to win the league? time will tell.Perranporth is a seasonal place and i`ll be missing at least six players for the first 4 games due to work...however we were missing 12 tonight and still played the beautiful game.UP THE PILCHARDS :thumbsup:

Well if you get rid of the first team players you have and get back the "12" you where missing I don't think it's going to be a squad that is going to trouble the top of div 1 to much, helston, lizard, chacewater, west Cornwall will be far to strong I feel! I must applaud your optimism however!

Guest smashing pumpkin

yesterday perranporth only had a couple of 1st teamers, and when you take them out and replace them with the players we had missing eg jack bradshaw, lee denton and the others who were missing i think perranporth will be ok. will perrenporth win the league? I dont know it will be tough league to compete in, but there is no point going into the season with no optimisim. To me, the league is Trelawney div 1 and there are no superstars, so i dont fear the likes of helston but i am looking forward to playing them as they are a good team. ROLL ON THE START OF THE SEASON.

I notice we at Helston are being mentioned alot. Rightly so in my opinion as we had a good season last year but we are equal to every other team in division 1 at this time. Lets see where we all are at christmas and better still at the end of the season. There are some good teams in this divsion and we will go into the season with the same optimism as everyone else. Good luck to all.

Guest smashing pumpkin

the players WE had missing eg jack bradshaw, lee denton and the others who were missing i think perranporth will be ok.

So you are back at Perran Dan?

yeh