Cornwall Football Forum

What about the ladies????

Guest Dermot

Just wondered if there is going to be a sub section for Referee`s on this site ? Had a look on the South West Peninsula site and they have one. But i made the mistake of saying it was a bit of a `demotion`(only my opinion) for teams like Newquay & Wadebridge (to name just 2) to drop to the Peninsula West Division and there is a possibility they might not have 3 matchday Officials appointed only a Referee,they were on me in a flash saying its not a lower division and that the South Western League enjoyed some privilages over and above the level they were at.

Ooh dear naughty me. ;0/ :wacko:

Its been explained to me why theres not gonna be a section for the ladies just yet, and i'll guess its prob the same reason as refs ain't gonna get one.

I'm sure no one would be intrested when the ladies teams of Cornwall play West Ham and the likes :D

But incase there is a odd person you might like to watch i'll post fixtures for the games :P

Guest Peppermint

The powers that be do seem a trifle touchy about anything construed as criticism. Obviously the management of the new League does not like anyone questioning anything.

There is me thinking it is good to express one's views - never mind Dermot keeping saying what you think.

Mr Chairman obviously hates Ladies football Anita and yet St Blazey runs a ladies team!

There are 22 ladies teams in the Jaipur Cornwall Womens Football League plus teams like Penzance, Newquay and Truro (I think they are still there) competing out of Cornwall - that's a lot of Cornish Soccer not being covered on this Forum which is after all a Cornish Soccer Forum. Lots of clubs have gained benefit from their ladies sections - look at Wendron - a chunk of their grant money secured because they have a Ladies section as well as the youth and men. Come on boys please support the Ladies in the same way as lots of us support you.

The fact that there are only 22 Teams suggests very much a minority interest.Where will a line be drawn? Next maybe, Youth down to U/8, a ###### section and so on.Like a blob out of control,this site will degenerate into an uncontrollable mess, a far cry from Dave's original.

The fact that there are only 22 Teams suggests very much a minority interest.Where will a line be drawn? Next maybe, Youth down to U/8, a ###### section and so on.Like a blob out of control,this site will degenerate into an uncontrollable mess, a far cry from Dave's original.

apparently you cannot say g.ys

I think this is a bit of a hornets nest which it needn't be. If it was possible to have a sub-section for the ladies - if indeed the system allows for it - then interest or not in the subject would be self-apparent - I bet you boys would be taking a look as well. If it isn't possible then I am sure there are reasons for that and maybe in time it might be considered.

Thank you for your email Chairman and I await the full reply when you have time.

Thank you also to those who have been supportive here too - I am sure Anita will be impressed - I am not one of those who considers Ladies football the most important thing there is - at St Agnes we look to our first team as the flagship of the club and the rest follow on - that's how I think it should be - unfortunately one or two of the comments on there provoked a response and I think were worth responding to!

Guest Peppermint

If the sub sections had not been introduced then this argument wold not have occurred. ECPL is correct in stating that it is much better with one general forum and everyone can see all the postings about every topic in one go.

Interesting what the players of St Blazey's ladies think about Mr Chairman's comments about ladies football!!

The fact that there are only 22 Teams suggests very much a minority interest.Where will a line be drawn?

Spot on chairman and like Pidge pointed out theres only ONE team from Cornwall in the Toolstation Western League. But as there isn't enough intrest in womens football down here i'll be happy posting fixtures and results on the main discussion board, for the few that do show a intrest :thumbsup:

Guest Postie Pidge

I preferred the site when there was just one forum instead of sub-forums.

Stick Truro in the main forum and put a ladies one up there, or put the sunday league one under junior football.

just do that then anita then if there is more interest shown 2wards the ladies then something might be done about a sub forum , maybe if women knew there was a section 4 them on here they might actually start using the site which surely would b a gd thing seeing the service is 4 all of cornish football followers :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No we weren't moaning and Chairman and I have exchanged opinions and are friends and actually not too far apart on our opinions - this forum is great and it would be even better if more members joined, male, female or undecided/whatever - on individual forums or on the main discussion one! Its all good stuff and we we all want our football and our clubs to progress at whatever level.

at St Agnes we look to our first team as the flagship of the club and the rest follow on

I'm not sure the rest of your club would like to see it put that way Aggiemaid. I know our reserves and youth sides see themselves as representatives of Perranporth in their own right, not merely "following on" from the first team.

If there was a sub-forum for Ladies football (and, for what it's worth, I think there should be) no-one would be forcing anyone to read it, they can just potter around in their own forums much as we are now. At least this site can be seen to be representing football of all levels. Good suggestion Anita, see you Weds evening :thumbsup:

Yes I see your point Ronin but that wasn't quite how I meant that to sound - 'following on' - was supposed to signify that the rest of the club was considered as all equally important as a group and in their own way - not that they weren't important just equally so - I was trying to get past the image of the 'what about the ladies?' bit and some of the comments that provoked by putting us all in the same level - I do think every club should look to its first team but the term 'follow on' clearly had a reference that I didn't intend it to have. We have 13 teams this season again at St Agnes plus our mini-soccer and they are all important and valued members and representatives of the club. Hope that sorts that one out!

Guest Peppermint

Why so touchy Paparazzi - people are expressing opinions. Are you upset because the majority [so far in Dave's Poll] prefer the old system?

Or is it - dare I suggest that Porthleven might not live up to the billing of pre season favourites for the SWPL Division 1 League title!