Cornwall Football Forum

Football

in response to realist..........what a fantastic post, i certainly cannot believe all the hype surrounding 1 defeat, and lets be honest, a defeat that was down to an incredible 7 mins of individual errors, if town had been outplayed throughout the whole 90mins, then i would be worried, but far from it, as you mentioned this team is all new, in fact, i'd be suprised if the 11 starting had in fact all played together through pre-season with hols and work etc etc, so no need for panic, i think this team needs a few weeks to gel and get used to each others games.......man u have not won in 2 games.....will fergie be panicking and going out and buying new players??......answer no, will man u be up there at the end of the season??........answer yes. leagues arent won and lost on the opening day of the season, yes it was a dissapointing result but lets not go overboard, it was won game, my thoughts are that if town go and beat bodmin tuesday night this result will be forgotten and everything will start to come together. there is no dought the backroom staff are doing everything possible to provide success, look at the players they have brought in, they just need time to get it right. watch this space.....falmouth will be up there in the mix come may.....that is the important time.....not august.

Realist.

I have supported Town for over 30 years and I will ALWAYS support them through thick and thin. I believe this qualifies me to express an opinion whether I have smelt any coffee or not!

You have made some excellent comments particularly about the team only just coming together but I dont think that answers the concerns over the lack of real pace in the side. I hope that the team proves me wrong and if so I will be a happy man.

I dont really like to discuss individuals players limitations so I wont but I still think despite your concerns that we simply dont look the same team without Burchy. I would assume that the management can also see his limitations and perhaps address them.

Personally I think we SHOULD have built the England team around Glenn Hoddle but it is the English culture to reward hard work more than individual talent. I think in any great team you need both. It's ultimately about scoring more goals than the opposition. 0-0 draws every week win nothing.

I highlighted what I think we need to do to get up the league in my original posting and I stand by those thoughts but that is only my opinion. Being passionate about the team may well have clouded my judgement on how it will perform after such a disappointing performance but I have seen all but one of the friendlies and my thoughts are based on observations in these games also. I would be interested to hear your thoughts on what the team need to improve.

UP THE TOWN!!!!!!!!