Cornwall Football Forum

Football

Falmouth Town 2 St Blazey 3

This is a game that Falmouth should never have lost, at half time they were 2 -0 up,

In the second half we expected more Goals, but Falmouth sat back & aloud St Blazey to controll almost all of the second half,

On of couse as we all know you should never take anthing for granted, & St Blazey fully deserved their win because they wanted it more than Falmouth,& even with ten men St Blazey we the better team in the second half,

All I will say is that St Blazey cannot say that the sending off was not justified, because the player had already been booked & as we all know Two yellow card is always followed by a red,

At the end of the day falmouth gave the game to St Blazey,

Hammers :huh::angry::(:huh::angry::c: :c:

Guest Postie Pidge

Falmouth: N. Murphy; A. Harper-Penman, B. Nute, J. Morrison-Hill, R. Francis, A. Cusack (W. Hewitt 81m), D. Burchell (M. Cusack 74m), M. Godfree, K. Bond (A. Bowker 61m), G. Squires, F. Nevin. Unused subs: S. Sims and B Goldring.

Blazey: S. Palmer; M. Parsons, T. Hunter, B. Ralph, N. Burton, J. Isbell, J. Sebbar (A. Bradshaw 54m), T. Lamborne, L. Whetters, M. Body (D. Nancarrow 54m), C. Rickard (P. Smith 72m). Unused subs: O. Deadman and T, Sundercombe.

1-0 31m Brinton Nute

2-0 38m Kain Bond (pen)

2-1 87m Dan Nancarrow

2-2 92m Lee Whetters (pen)

2-3 94m Ashley Bradshaw

Referee: Ben Lugg (Cury)

Assistants: Steve Carpenter (Stithians) and Steve Rose (Penryn)

Shell shocked! I will soon wake up from this nightmare!Seriously I can not ever remember seeing a game turn on its self in such a short period of time.

Falmouth held a comfortable and deserved 2-0 half time lead playing some good controlled possession football.

There were earlysecond half signs that St.Blazey would make a fight of it and by the last 10 minutes they appeared to cause panic at will.

Comparing my notes to your lineup" Pidge" wasnt Carl Rickard replaced by Ollie Deadman-perhaps Paul will confirm.

bookings-Falmouth Aaron Harper-Penman.

St.Blazey(..............?)Tom Lambourne Twice,Mike Body

What was the official Attendance?

For what its worth Falmouth had a corner count of 8 to 5 in their favour

Two tough games coming up for Falmouthto show their character,FACup Frome Town who really fancy their chances for the next round and then the SWPL title favourites Bodmin Town both at Bickland.

Good luck to Dave Philp (nice fella) after his problems last season-he was on the wrong end of a late winner last Sunday and 6 days later it has reversed itself, thats the beauty of the ups and downs in football.

Guest Postie Pidge

Official attendance (highest of the day) 221.

"Saltash's attendance was well above 200 although it was quoted at 124"

Might well have been Ollie Deadman, wasn't quite sure.

St Blazey's first booking was Tom Hunter (37th min)

:yahoo: How the hell did we win that??? To say today has turned out to be a cracking one is an understatement!! The first half started off with some scrapy play but Falmouth began to peg St Blazey back. Falmouth scored from a corner and deserved their lead. Then Scot in goal made an error whick left a Falmouth player clean through on goal. St Blazeys only covering defender swiped his legs away and a ref gave a penalty. We all thought the next action would be a red card but no...yellow!! What a let off!! Falmouth then go 2-0 up. St Blazey have a goal crossed off for climbing. It looked like the Blazey player was climbing on his team mate. Up the other end Whetters put in a nasty swipe on a Falmouth defender. Everyone comes rushing in and a punch was landed!! Ref speaks to the linesman, then the other linesman, then back to the 1st linesman and then no action at all!!! So, half time, game as good as over and some how still 11 aside!! 2nd half St Blazey start to get back in the game. One great chance when Bradshaw went through but Towns keeper made a good save. Richard then crashed an effort against the bar and you could sence that Town had badly took their foot off the pedal but St Blazey didnt seem to have enough to get one back. Then with minutes to go, a lifeline, ball slotted home. Blazey fans have something to shout about once more. Blazey then finally end up with ten men but with so little time to go that wouldnt make much difference. St Blazey the pile on the pressure, balls launched forward and Whetters is pushed over in the box...PENALTY!! Whetters ,who may have been sent off, cooly slame the ball home. 2-2. Rescued a point we think!! Then amazing, another Blazey attack, a mix up in towns defence leaves Bradshaw all alone to slot home and send the Blazey fans wild. Chants of....were gona rise from the pheonix rings out round Bickland Park!! Seconds later the fall time whistle and a stunned crowd leave!! Good to meet a few Falmouth fans today including Mike odgers. Met up with Pidgeon to off course. Hope the flags were to your liking chaps. Sadly two lads who were ball boys at the far end in the 2nd half thought it would be hard to swear to the Blazey fans. One of which, was dressed like a chav and if he entered a store i work in would be thrown out on looks alone!! Sadly, hes the trouble of the future....and probably aleady is!! Never seen two lads working for the club behave so bad. Oh, such joy when we scored to in the dying minutes and we sent them packig with their tails between their legs!! :D

Argyle also snatch a 2-3 win so tonight....im happy as can be tonight!! :drink::yahoo: :yahoo:

Paul,

Yes no problem with the Flags there were a lot of comments from Town fans on how different it was from last year with the problems we had from that thickie the judge,

with regards the ball boys I did not think that we had any official ball boys out there yesterday, if we did they need to be sorted out now because we do not need that type at Falmouth,

I would ask Postie Pidge as acting Secretary he may be able to find out for you

Hammers, :angry::huh::o :c:

Crouchy-these are the ex Gary P' players I noted in the St.Blazey squad yesterday:

Yourself-Bradley Ralph,Jay Isbell,Lee Whetters,Mike Body,Ashley Bradshaw,Danny Nancarrow,Phil Smith and Tom Sundercombe.

Just like to add my congratulations to youselves for yesterday.

You stuck at it and got your desserts albeit extremely late in the game,not planned of course and a tad fortunate but as the saying goes its what happens in 90 minutes of football.

Good luck next Saturday in the FA Cup at Keynsham(Ithink)-they being a western League Div.1side could only muster a 1-1 home draw before a small crowd yesterday and I can see StBlazey progressing with the team going from strength to strength.

Just seen the match report now showing on Falmouth website.

Thanks for that Mike, how could I forget Smithy! He was a bit of a part timer though, always off playing soldiers!

Nice to hear that someone can see the potential in our side Mike, best of luck to your lads next week, see you at Blaise Park later in the season.

Guest Peppermint

Whist not defending the Judge it is rather ironic that hammers is quick to condem him but the foul mouthed idiots who purported to be ball boys can swear at St Blazey supporters.

Lets hope Falmouth Town can do something about these morons!

Something about glasshouses and stones!

Well done to St Blazey yesterday after everbody seemed to write them off and especially well done to all the ex Newquay players and Dave Philp and Phil Lafferty.

Mr M.....I was in a good mood last night and enjoyed a good waffle!!

As for the ball boys i didnt think they were official a such. They choose to try and wind up the wrong people, god nos why!! How sweet was those 3 goals!!

So now we head to Keynesham in the F.A cup. A match I think we can win but another battle it will surly be.

Glad all was o.k Hammers, shame we didnt meet for a pre match pint!!

All the best chaps. :thumbsup:

Guest wildthingshappen

shame all your facts about the ball boys are not correct if some of the supporters find the need to threaten to hit such minors they must have been prevoked as we have never had a problem over 2 years with any of these boys.

these boys have never shown such attitude as you explain before in training or as ball boys

Guest Postie Pidge

Losing yesterday was absolutely gutting but the ballboys shouldn't have acted the way they did and they will be spoken to about it.

Crouchy if Garry P had stayed maybe Falmouth would have been the last champions of the SWL and things would have been different. The side had potential then and partly reincarnated at Blazey will do well again

Must be talking about different lads then!! It wasnt a bunch of lads drunk behind the goal or something, there were women there to. Maybe just a one off, so leave it at that.

Question for Pidgeon, Who counted the number of Blazey fans into the ground? The independant has it as, 'the 74 St Blazey fans in a crowd of 221'. Brilliant if that was done but im not so sure we had that many following us on saturday!!

Guest Postie Pidge

I think that was a mistake by the Indy. The attendance was 221 and I mentioned that it was 147 of one and 74 of the other - meaning one was adults and the other was concessions.

Thats sounds more like it. We had quite a few down there but that did seem a few to many.

Pidgeon, couple blokes couldnt get a program as youd sold out. If you had a couple spare copies around let me no and ill send you some money and ill see that they get them. Cheers.

Whist not defending the Judge it is rather ironic that hammers is quick to condem him but the foul mouthed idiots who purported to be ball boys can swear at St Blazey supporters.

Lets hope Falmouth Town can do something about these morons!

Something about glasshouses and stones!

Well done to St Blazey yesterday after everbody seemed to write them off and especially well done to all the ex Newquay players and Dave Philp and Phil Lafferty.

peppermint if you read hammers coments you will see he does not stick up for the ballboys and says they should be dealt with,how the hell is that sticks and stones then :blink:

Dave, you say your surprised no one seen anything for the incident just before half time. I supose if they didnt then the ref had no choice but to just restart the match. What was more strange was how St Blazey didnt go down to 10 men before that when Palmers error left the Falmouth player with an open goal before he was taken out. The ref did see it as he gave a penalty but no red!!! just a yellow!!! A get out of jail card played there dont you think?

The incident just before half time(i was right in line) saw Lee Whetters balloon an inviting ball over the bar from 6 yards but in total frustration in stead of taking it out on the goalpost he booted a Falmouth player up the backside.

All hell broke loose and this where Philpy played his trump card by screaming out that the No8 for Falmouth had thrown a punch which distracted from the original offence. The referee who obviously didnt see kept referring to each assistant and ended up with a tame restart.It should have at least been picked up by the (Falmouth half) referee assistant.

Guest Peppermint

Mr M - I read the comment by hammers that stated he did not think there were any ball boys. Since that posting Postie Pidge has sorted that one out.

I actually said glasshouses and stones. In other words if you are condemming Judge then the behaviour of ball boys has to be sorted as well. I am not in the least defending The Judge [ he can do that himself] but hammers did use the expression - thickie judge. That is a matter of opinion and I know he does open his mouth sometimes before thinking things through.

was some strange decisions in the game, the blazey lad who gave away the pen should have been sent off without a dought, that wetts lad should have gone so to the falmouth lad who retaliated, didnt think it was a pen to blazey, thought the falmouth defender headed the ball?? judging by this perfromance, falmouth need to tighten things up at the back, blazey created a number of chances against them, iand in my opionion, this blazey side will finish mid table, so that doesnt bode to well for when they (falmouth) come against quality sides like bodmin next week. will be an interesting season. lets hope referees dont all make decisions like this one, oh and an interesting decision by the linesman who said a free kick had to travel outside the box before a player could touch it......thought this was just on goal kicks??? anyone shed any light on this?

Mr M - I read the comment by hammers that stated he did not think there were any ball boys. Since that posting Postie Pidge has sorted that one out.

I actually said glasshouses and stones. In other words if you are condemming Judge then the behaviour of ball boys has to be sorted as well. I am not in the least defending The Judge [ he can do that himself] but hammers did use the expression - thickie judge. That is a matter of opinion and I know he does open his mouth sometimes before thinking things through.

fair enough mate ,but he did state IF they were falmouths ball boys then they should be dealt with,and listening to a lot of newquy fans etc they also think that he a thickie,not my words. :blink:

Guest Peppermint

Good reply Mr M and yes you are quite correct The Judge is certainly not flavour of the month with a number of Newquay fans. Also he has not endeared himself to the Committee but that is another story!

On another topic I thought the game at Mount Wise last night was a credit to football and most entertaining.

Guest town man

Considering the rumours about mega-money being slung about at Falmouth I think that the two Masseys need to look again at their side.

In my opinion the whole side is lacking real pace. The back 3 on Saturday looked very pedestrian to say the least. All good players in their own right but they need to play alongside someone who is quick. Come back Wayne Brown!

We insist on playing wing backs but again I feel that we dont have the players to do it. The point about wing backs is that they must be able to get forward quick on the attack and back quick when defending but the Town players in these positions are not doing this. When we break we dont get enough men forward early enough.

I hope Lee Langmead can produce the goods quick now he is back from his hols as he does look the part. We have been lacking movement off the ball in a big way throughout the side which has been making players such as Burchy look ordinary as he is holding on to the ball waiting for movement that never comes and then getting disposessed. He is in my opinion the key to Town playing well and we must try to play thru. him as much as possible. Whenever he is subbed or not started we do not look anything like it at all. Saturday: Burchy gets subbed @ 2-0 up. We stop playing. We lose 3-2. Even a tired Burchy is better than no Burchy. Dont expect him to do all the running. There are hundrEds of players who can rull all day in Cornwall but none who can do what he can with the ball.

So sign a bit of pace on, keep Burchy on the pitch and keep our fingers crossd that LeE Langmead will produce the goods. Then it will be top three at least and maybe, just maybe a return to the Western League.

HERE'S HOPING.!!!!!!!!!

I did hear he was injured so fair enough but about the other points....

As Acting Secretary Pidge, have we made any more signings before our stern test on Saturday against Frome in the FA cup?

A decent run in the cup could bring back a few more supporters or keep the wavering ones interested after Saturdays disappointment.

Guest Postie Pidge

No new signings.

Agood run would be good as we have only reached the 2nd qualifying round twice in the last 14 seasons. To get there we have the bloody hard job of beating Frome Town and winning the round after

Bloomy

In answer to your question.

Law 13 - Free Kicks states:

Direct or indirect free kick to the defending team inside the penalty area.

The ball is in play when it is kicked directly beyond the penalty area.

Hope this clears it up for you.

Town Man

I was told last evening that someone who is on the inside at Falmouth, and I mean in the team, doesn't think the lads are fit enough!

I must say, whenever I've gone there, that's not the impression I've got when seeing Stuart with them pre-match.

Clearly there are new players this season and I haven't seen them as yet. Any comments?

Guest town man

Dobby.

Can you ask your man on the inside what the weekly training arrangements are for the team as so many of them are from Devon?

Do they all train together etc.

Guest Realist

In response to Town Man's earlier comment regarding Saturday's defeat and the season ahead.

NOTE: Falmouth have literally rebuilt their side from last year. This means they need time to gel together.

I am one who agrees wholeheartedly that Birchy has outstanding talent. But Glenn Hoddle had talent and they never built a team around him! Darren can in one moment change a game.

Remember a team is made of individuals working together as 1, which means hard work, commitment and primarily a winning result for Falmouth Town!

A newly built team takes time to become strong and all players need to be working in tandem. At this time they are not strong enough to carry Birchy for the majority of the game where he "goes missing".

Have a thought for the rest of the players who were running their behinds off in 23 Deg.C. in order to achieve the aim of 3pts for the Club.

You also mention Wayne Brown - one of the most inconsistent players at Falmouth last year. The Captain's armband failed to arouse his potential.

The squad trained on Saturday morning, which in hindsight was a mistake, due to the heat.

If Birchy is to be the one who is to transform the future of Falmouth Town then answer me these questions.

Is he fit?

How many training sessions does he attend?

Does his pre-match warm up fill you with confidence that you are going to get 100% from him during the game?

Answer them honestly now!

Wake up and smell the coffee Town Man

Come back with some decent and well thought ideas as to how we can progress up the league.

Falmouth 2 Frome 1 this Saturday if we pull together as 1! I'll be there for the long haul! Will you?

Cheers,

:yahoo:

Guest Postie Pidge

Come back with some decent and well thought ideas as to how we can progress up the league

Win the remaining 33 games and no one will be able to stop us! :clapper: